Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,475,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
People 'jump ship' all of the time. How exactly is this newsworthy?
I thought Obama was bringing people together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,977,697 times
I think all of you Ron Paul supporters are going to be deeply disappointed. The fact is that Ron Paul will only see the oval office in his lifetime if he is invited there as a guest of whoever the president is.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:49 AM

24,279 posts, read 15,381,183 times
Many, many people who voted for Obama were deeply disappointed when he appointed the pitcher to umpire the game upon his election. Some folks need to be seriously jailed. They jumped ship two months into his term.
They are not convinced that anything would have been different under McCain, plus McCain's picking S. Palin showed he was not interested in winning the election.
I have polled the delegation I am familiar with and the top Republicans could not get their vote today. Perhaps Huntsman or Buddy Roemer.
Even "liberal" folks have trouble with Newt running around on 2 wives. Before you start, they did not like that in Clinton either.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:55 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,778,605 times
People jump ship frequently. I jumped the Republican yacht in 2008. I am not sorry that I voted for Obama because I could have never given my vote to McCain with Palin on the ticket (I do like John McCain though) but that does not mean that I am happy with how things are either, today. I don't "blame Obama" though, although he is a part of it. I am more disgusted with Congress than you can imagine.

At any rate, if a good candidate came along for me to vote for against Obama I would do it, if anything to just unify Congress. However, I won't throw my vote away on what I deem to be an unwinnable candidate (Ron Paul) and I won't vote for any one of the rebublican candidates that are up there now. I didn't like Newt when I was a republican and I don't feel any better about him today. I am just really, really lukewarm on Mitt Romney.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:01 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,820,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I think all of you Ron Paul supporters are going to be deeply disappointed. The fact is that Ron Paul will only see the oval office in his lifetime if he is invited there as a guest of whoever the president is.
No disappointment. The reality is people who support Ron Paul know and are prepared for the outcome.

If Obama remains all we will have is more "hope and change". Increasing hope that we don't become homeless, still have a job, no more programs are cut, hope we don't face another war. As for change, any change he has made has been for the worst, not the better. If not Obama, then we will suffer four years of another idiot (the idiot we know, the idiot we don't know) at the helm. And people will be asking themself "Why did I vote for ____?" The same way people did with Obama and Bush.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,329,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Lynn Chong, a former Democrat and Chair of the Belknap County, New Hampshire Democrat Party, discusses why she’s disappointed with Obama and switching her voter registration, to vote for Ron Paul in the GOP Primary.

Democrats Jumping Ship?
Bull Left Overs!

That isn't jumping ship, they already have Obama as the Democrat person running and are changing affiliation temporarily to sabotage the Republican Party with a Recreational Drug Isolationist advocate that could never win.

Typical Democrat election year politics.
This was just an excuse in case people saw the party change.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,548,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Bull Left Overs!

That isn't jumping ship, they already have Obama as the Democrat person running and are changing affiliation temporarily to sabotage the Republican Party with a Recreational Drug Isolationist advocate that could never win.

Typical Democrat election year politics.
This was just an excuse in case people saw the party change.
lol

Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 AM

730 posts, read 834,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I doubt it. A lot of Democrats are interested in Ron Paul when they listen to him talk about foreign policy, then they listen to him talk about domestic policy and then lose interest.
but the reality is that the president really only has control over foreign policy. The reprsentatives we elect to congress and the senate are the ones we hold responsible for writing our laws. Paul himself even acknowledges that most of his personal beliefs on domestic policy would never come into frution. That's why a lot of his focus on cutting spending relates to our foreign policy.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:15 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,210,642 times
This thread might have a point if someone had some figures on party membership, the number of people changing party's or some other data. It doesn't, so it's basically useless.

I'm sort of stunned how on a site called City DATA, people just want to dream up ideas with nothing to back them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I thought Obama was bringing people together
In a country of 300 million people, he's a failure if a few people change political parties. People change their mind on things all of the time. You know that, right?

Do you really think that there's been any President at any point in time who hasn't had some member of their party change affiliations?

Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM

674 posts, read 702,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron Paul is going to pull a lot of votes from Obama's lies and inexperience.
I hope you're right man. I've never been a democrat but I've never voted for a repub either. Paul will be the first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies