Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:45 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,417,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Please. I'm not Christian, as I said earlier.

I just don't think that the kids should be forced to leave their religious beliefs or general holiday "spirit" behind when they come into school.

And would an hour-long holiday party ONE day of the school year really that big of a deal, even if it was just for fun? We had parties like this when I was in school. I don't think making school such an overly rigid and serious environment does anything to help education.
I agree. And, most ppl don't realize that teachers often spend their own money on things for educational use, and also for the events. Teachers don't get enough credit for all they do. Thank goodness for so many wonderful caring teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 06:51 AM

11 posts, read 6,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I remember correct me if I am wrong..........This whole country is founded on the premise of immigration. The only folks already here were native americans, and some ppls of mexican decent.
Some people of Mexican decent were here when Europeans arrived? Lol, do you seriously not realize how stupid that statement sounds?

And the 'Native Americans' were various groups of warring tribes killing and murdering each other while living in tents. What exactly is your point?

Old 12-03-2011, 06:56 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,001,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Where in the Bible does it mention Santa Claus?

Who said anything about the BIBLE??

Once again....the left leaning fools link our tradition of Christmas and Santa Claus with the Bible and think it is their DUTY to remove it from all walks of life....

Is that for the greater good comrade? I am sure that is how you see it.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:17 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,495,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, you didn't say that exactly but if you follow along the posts above it sure looks like you're in favor of ONLY ONE religion celebrating it's holiday...the thought of other religions having equal consideration is "hyperbole"..??..

And again, if parents are so desperate for their kids to have a party WHY DON'T THEY give the party....why do they shove it off on teacher's.....and why can't anyone , especially Repugs, answer that????
No I am not in favor of celebrating only one holiday. I never said it or insinuated it. Stop making **** up.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,265,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No I am not in favor of celebrating only one holiday. I never said it or insinuated it. Stop making **** up.
So you're in favor of using educational time for many, many parties a year celebrating all religious holidays (Jewish holidays, secular holidays, Wiccan holidays , Muslim holidays).

I'm not.

And again, if parents are so desperate for their kids to have a party WHY DON'T THEY give the party....why do they shove it off on teacher's.....and why can't anyone , especially Repugs, answer that????

Old 12-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you're in favor of using educational time for many, many parties a year celebrating all religious holidays (Jewish holidays, secular holidays, Wiccan holidays , Muslim holidays).

I'm not.

No, I am in favor of a party or two here and there, no matter the reason. I see nothing wrong with teachers and students having downtime at school here and there.

We are talking about school parties. That is why I won't answer your question because it has very little to do with the topic.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 AM

4,419 posts, read 6,314,835 times
Schools are doing this all over the place. My neice's school in MA doesn't even acknowledge the concert as a "holiday" concert anymore because it implies that there is a holiday to be celebrated. It's now called a "winter concert." I'm not kidding.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
No, I am in favor of a party or two here and there, no matter the reason. I see nothing wrong with teachers and students having downtime at school here and there. """

So WHO decides what the parties are for and how many ? YOU!??

"""""We are talking about school parties. That is why I won't answer your question because it has very little to do with the topic.
Here's my question and it deals with parties in schools....some just can't face it:

"""And again, if parents are so desperate for their kids to have a party WHY DON'T THEY give the party....why do they shove it off on teacher's( who Repugs hate and consider union thugs).....and why can't anyone , especially Repugs, answer that????

Old 12-03-2011, 07:59 AM

No, the school board or principal can decide on the parties. I don't really care what parties they have or for what reasons.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
No, the school board or principal can decide on the parties. I don't really care what parties they have or for what reasons.
So you'd be OK with educational time for many, many parties a year celebrating all religious holidays (Jewish holidays, secular holidays, Wiccan holidays , Muslim holidays). ??

you called it hyperbole before.....(???)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies