Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 03:22 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,491,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Even with a school system that is failing miserably? Just like Nero, fiddle while Rome burns.
Yep. Because we have both agreed that the infrequent party here and there is not the cause of school issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Hyperbole cleanup on Aisle 3! We need all available to assist in this massive cleanup!
You think any holiday but a christian one should be "cleaned up", swept away....???

Now, try to stay on topic and I'm not it.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,262,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I never said that there should be a party for Veterans' Day; I simply asked if you felt it should be acknowledged.

I don't think that. I'm simply saying that no one used to have a problem with Valentines' Day parties, Christmas (or "holiday") parties, etc. in schools.
Welllllll some DO NOW!

AND those Repugs who think teacher's are thugs and should be earning minimum wage ...should get off their lazy worthless butts and GIVE THE KIDS A party! They are shoving it off on teachers because they are TOO LAZY.

I believe school is for education .

Old 12-02-2011, 04:10 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,322,891 times
I actually think its a good thing. Why? Because, thanks to our 'trickle-on' economy we are now stuck with, so many families are just struggling to get by. Having to tell little Jimmy you cant afford to buy a gift for him to take, or god forbid you buy something really cheap, and Jimmy is getting teased at school now.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You think any holiday but a christian one should be "cleaned up", swept away....???

Now, try to stay on topic and I'm not it.
I'm completely on topic. Your post was drenching wet with hyperbole. This one? This one is soaked with made up BS that you are attributing to me which I never said.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:31 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,036,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I actually think its a good thing. Why? Because, thanks to our 'trickle-on' economy we are now stuck with, so many families are just struggling to get by. Having to tell little Jimmy you cant afford to buy a gift for him to take, or god forbid you buy something really cheap, and Jimmy is getting teased at school now.
You know what? They should do away with the whole classroom concept altogether. What's wrong with the state setting up Web meetings with their teachers in each child's home. They wouldn't have to risk ANY negative interaction with other children.

Sure, this may stunt their social development, but at least it prevents the chance of them getting their little feelings hurt.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
You know what? They should do away with the whole classroom concept altogether. What's wrong with the state setting up Web meetings with their teachers in each child's home. They wouldn't have to risk ANY negative interaction with other children.

Sure, this may stunt their social development, but at least it prevents the chance of them getting their little feelings hurt.
AMEN.

As a mother of two younger children, I am so sick and tired of adults worrying about the poow wittle feewings of kids. Kids are resilient! They don't take umbrage to every little "sleight". I think kids may be more mature than adults in some ways!!!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 PM

11 posts, read 6,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Would you feel the same way if this were a ramadan celebration? Religous ceremonies should be held in private places.
The difference is this country has always celebrated Christmas. Always have and always will. I'm sick of our lives being dictated by whatever third world immigrant group we import.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,585,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
When you were in school, did you never have holiday parties in class?

Yes, I know this district is allowing parties if they serve a "legitimate instructional purpose," but honestly can't the kids just have a holiday party for fun?
If I'm paying taxes for their 'education', which I am, then I want the time during class to be spent on education - not parties.

[unless we're suddenly not in favor of a leaner, more efficient government]

Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If I'm paying taxes for their 'education', which I am, then I want the time during class to be spent on education - not parties.

[unless we're suddenly not in favor of a leaner, more efficient government]
Really? Of all the things one could complain about IRT schools in America, you are putting your dog in the "party fight"? Why?

It seems a petty stance to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies