Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM

78,543 posts, read 60,737,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
“They don’t call them patients, they call them units” | Wizbang
:shoc ked:: shocked::shock ed::s hocked::shocke d:
I watched a 90+ year old woman with my own eyes denied chemo treatment due to age\health or insurance....back when I had to spend wayyyy too much time in the waiting room of a chemo lobby.

Not trying to be indendiary but where do you draw the line? Someone has stage 4 cancer with months to live...you give them a heart transplant vs. someone else? I mean...there is NO way to do this as a society without making some tough choices.

Do you give me a liver transplant over some kid even though I drink? Would that make you a death pannel?

I find the whole argument dubious and intended to derail honest dicussion. We already have death pannels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,293,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Soooooooooooo why are you not complaining to all the left on this board...and quoting every single one of them?
Trying not to perpetuate it, as I said. personwhoisaperson is still young enough, and hopefully open-minded enough, to realize that using divisive language only encourages people to say hateful things. I don't see that in many other posters; many go on the attack and ask why I'm not constantly correcting "the left". Of course, they have apparently missed the times that I've corrected "the left", too.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I watched a 90+ year old woman with my own eyes denied chemo treatment due to age\health or insurance....back when I had to spend wayyyy too much time in the waiting room of a chemo lobby.

Not trying to be indendiary but where do you draw the line? Someone has stage 4 cancer with months to live...you give them a heart transplant vs. someone else? I mean...there is NO way to do this as a society without making some tough choices.

Do you give me a liver transplant over some kid even though I drink? Would that make you a death pannel?

I find the whole argument dubious and intended to derail honest dicussion. We already have death pannels.
You got any links for the bold actually happening?

Old 01-01-2012, 07:53 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, that explains it then. LOL

Hell, I could call up Thom Hartmann's show tomorrow and say I'm a giraffe. Doesn't make it true.

So gullible.

If you want "death panels," think Ron ("let 'im die in the street") Paul.
I have noticed a lot of this "manufactured" breaking news video coming from the wingnuts lately. The last example before this one was a couple of video of purported welfare queens describing how they screw over the government. Set to music and all. Turned out they were produced by a wingnut business owner tired of paying his fair share.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:05 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I have noticed a lot of this "manufactured" breaking news video coming from the wingnuts lately. The last example before this one was a couple of video of purported welfare queens describing how they screw over the government. Set to music and all.
I think it's based in desperation. The writing is on the wall with this crazy train of candidates they have and they are starting to realize they don't have a chance in hell of stealing back the White House without coming up with all this fake crap.

Quote:
Turned out they were produced by a wingnut business owner tired of paying his fair share.
Probably someone who worships at the alter of the Koch Brothers.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:20 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Yeah, I do:

The video shows the radio host, Mark Levin, listening to a so-called brain surgeon call into his show. The surgeon claims that he has just been to a meeting of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons in Washington, D.C., where he learned something shocking! Obamacare will require only "comfort care" for people over 70. If you read the comments below the YouTube video, you are directed to the AANS site itself, where the Society blasts this person and his claim as a complete hoax. This disclaimer is on the AANS site under the "AANS news" subtitle:The statement continues:
Click on the link in the above quote and it will take you to a pdf. file of the issued statement.

If you had read previous posts, you wouldn't have had to ask whether or not I had proof. https://www.city-data.com/forum/22329791-post16.html

I never post a FACT without also posting supporting links.
I didn't read the whole thread. Forgive me.
If memory serves he never said it was a document, he said that they came in and told them. I'm not saying that this guy couldn't possibly be lying, but it fit's with the things that Obamas czars have said about Obamacare.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,614,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I have noticed a lot of this "manufactured" breaking news video coming from the wingnuts lately. The last example before this one was a couple of video of purported welfare queens describing how they screw over the government. Set to music and all. Turned out they were produced by a wingnut business owner tired of paying his fair share.
propaganda, RWNJs excel at it.

mathguy i assume u support Mickey Mantle who, in 1997 after years of alcoholism getting a liver transplant bcs he had the $$$$$$$ while kids die every day bcs they are poor in America and cant afford health insurance?. many hospitals now can no longer afford to give American children ANY transplants. MSHA in NE Tenn now refers all needy transplant patients to maryland. VERY bad sign

For profit healthcare does not work. if you want that go to China so you can be aborted if you are a burden to the country.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,991,715 times
Default Control salaries and you will control costs - greatly

Let's face it - You have too many people in every level of the health care industry making salaries just too high for their skills.

Administrators, managers of suppliers, and of course the doctors themselves.

This nonsense about how the doctors suffered for 6 years is just BS...Everyone else in many industries suffered long hours and hard work, and had to study hard for their jobs.

And lets face it - Plumbers have a better success rate than doctors.

How about our paying $5,000 for 1/2 hour in an operating room?...Something is wrong there....And the BS about that charge covering other equipment...Come on!...we're charged item by item for everything. And the costs are way out of hand.

For the time and effort doctors put into treating a patient - the price is way out of line.

They. company execs, union leaders and the freaking lawyers have to be reeled in...back to reality .

Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,030,403 times
If you folks don't think the government is going to ration healthcare then your not paying attention. If your obese your gonna be outta the loop. If your old and a younger person has the same ailment guess who will get loaded up on painkiller meds and left to die and who will get fixed.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:38 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,854,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If you folks don't think the government is going to ration healthcare then your not paying attention. If your obese your gonna be outta the loop. If your old and a younger person has the same ailment guess who will get loaded up on painkiller meds and left to die and who will get fixed.
Guess what............ You are completely wrong
Let me give you an example of how a Govt funded health care system works.............
My Father had a Cardiac arrest at the age of 88. He was NOT left to die because of his age. He was defibbed 5 times and brought back to life after being dead for 10 minutes and intense efforts by the medical staff. He was given major heart surgery... double bypass and a mytral valve replacement. He was fitted with a pacemaker and given tip-top after care. This did not cost my Father a single cent. My Father has now celebrated his 90th Birthday and is still recieving regular follow ups............. THIS is how a UHC works.... NOT how the right would like you to believe how it works and it could work here in America too !!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies