Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:13 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,576,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So What! ha, ask the parents of the 12 yr old how they feel, 12 ain't in H.S. yet last time i checked.

Maybe you could care less, a lot of us do care. So what, that is how you view it, a lot of us on here, do care, when it gets this out of control. It is a news story, because it is becoming more violent then ever out there, involving younger and younger teens and younger, hired by the cartels.

Do you have stats to back up that H.S. students sell the majority of drugs in this Country. here in 2011.
You don't know what you're talking about. I don't buy the 12 year old nonsense to begin with. About all a 12 year old is equipped to do in the dope game is be a courier or shoot someone. This story is exaggerated and overblown.

First of all, think about what's being said here. We're talking about a 12 year old for crying out loud. A 12 year old can't keep a secret, has no idea how to re-up properly and will damn sure crack under the smallest of pressure situations if interrogated by the cops. In other words, they won't be trusted with anything of any importance.

Secondly, i didn't say H.S. students sell all the dope. I said high school AGED kids are selling all the dope on the streets. Sure, the lieutenants and the actual bag men are all adults, but the stuff infiltrates through the streets by adolescents. And even bosses of these street crews are barely more than high school age.

If any of you had an actual ear to the streets instead of just reading news stories, you'd actually sound like you know what you're talking about. Cartels recruiting kids is a bunch of hyperbole. Did it happen a few times...possibly? Yea, sure. But it's not an epidemic,and has no chance of becoming one because the game depends on more than some young 12 year old idiot shooting people and delivering drugs.

Besides...there are more than enough adults willing to do this stuff. They don't need kids. About the only benefit i can think of when it comes to using kids is that they can only be prosecuted up to a point, but still, they'll snitch out everyone they can to avoid going to juvi if they can help it. Would you hire someone like that with a major stash or some serious money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,903,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
i wonder what C-D would have been like when liquor was being run across the northern border and gang warfare was lighting up places like boston, chicago, philly, new york, etc.

all due to prohibition.
You don't actually realize how ignorant and clueless this sounds. They will NEVER legalize Cocaine, Heroin and Meth.

Legalizing marijuana would only shift the smuggling over to other drugs that are far easier to smuggle and have a far greater profit margin AND addiction rate.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,580,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. I don't buy the 12 year old nonsense to begin with. About all a 12 year old is equipped to do in the dope game is be a courier or shoot someone. This story is exaggerated and overblown.

First of all, think about what's being said here. We're talking about a 12 year old for crying out loud. A 12 year old can't keep a secret, has no idea how to re-up properly and will damn sure crack under the smallest of pressure situations if interrogated by the cops. In other words, they won't be trusted with anything of any importance.

Secondly, i didn't say H.S. students sell all the dope. I said high school AGED kids are selling all the dope on the streets. Sure, the lieutenants and the actual bag men are all adults, but the stuff infiltrates through the streets by adolescents. And even bosses of these street crews are barely more than high school age.

If any of you had an actual ear to the streets instead of just reading news stories, you'd actually sound like you know what you're talking about. Cartels recruiting kids is a bunch of hyperbole. Did it happen a few times...possibly? Yea, sure. But it's not an epidemic,and has no chance of becoming one because the game depends on more than some young 12 year old idiot shooting people and delivering drugs.

Besides...there are more than enough adults willing to do this stuff. They don't need kids. About the only benefit i can think of when it comes to using kids is that they can only be prosecuted up to a point, but still, they'll snitch out everyone they can to avoid going to juvi if they can help it. Would you hire someone like that with a major stash or some serious money?
You don't sorry about that, i do. Some of my best friends are Mexican Americans, and they have no bones telling me things as they truly are. They hide nothing from me. Yes they do, infact to the cartels, the younger the better. Cartels will recruit anyone they can to do their dirty work, everyone knows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies