Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,473,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I agree with the other idiot in some regards. Save your breath. You are in the vast majority of decent society with your views. These fringe, extremist who advocate for child abuse both physically and mentally are sick people with a warehouse of skeletons.

However, it is riveting to pry into the mind of the sickest society has to offer.
So you advocate for higher suicide rates for transgender adolescents?

Your lack of knowledge on the topic, lack of empathy and lack of moral reasoning is noted.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,940,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Nope, that's you who keeps going back to the 1960's to find your silly strawmen to knock down.

I linked to several Journal articles earlier which you clearly ignored, but here are a few more articles that are a little more recent. From this century even.

This isn't 'anecdotal evidence' like the 1960's notions you have been so frantically, pointlessly and humorously tearing down:

Quote:
A sex difference in the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus: relationship to gender identity

Quote:
Our data reveal a sex-atypical INAH3 volume and neuron number in transsexual male-to-female people to be in the female range, while the values of a female-to-male subject were in the male range.
hey, this little observation is probably the only correlation between gender/sex confusion out of the whole study. But what's awesome is that this little nugget is a better argument for men and women, physiologically and psychologically, being inequal LOL

Quote:
Differences in adult testosterone levels can only partly explain the observed differences in the INAH3 subdivision of transsexual people while estrogen levels do not seem to have an influence. In male-to-female subjects the number of neurons in the INAH3 does not seem to be related to sexual orientation, nor to the onset time of transsexuality, but rather to atypical early female-biased gender.
key word.. SEEM

Quote:
The differences observed between the INAH3 structure, its innervation in relation to sexual orientation and gender identity and its putative connection to the BSTc suggest that these two nuclei, together with the SDN-POA (= intermediate nucleus, = INAH1 and 2) and the SCN (Swaab et al., 1985) are part of a complex network involved in various aspects of sexual behaviour. For the INAH4 subdivision of the uncinate nucleus, the only difference found among the groups was in relation to its shape, which was similar in all genetically male groups studied.
I read this...for nothing!
Quote:
Sexual differentiation of the human brain: relevance for gender identity, transsexualism and sexual orientation

Cool observation....I've observed gay kids come from broken homes more than they did not. Does my anecdote count too?
Quote:
Unless you want to post the full text of the article on here...OR pay the $37 USD for me to read it...this is helpful how?
Quote:
Quote:
BBC NEWS | Health | Transsexual gene link identified

"This study appears to reinforce earlier studies which have indicated that, in some trans people, there may be a genetic trigger to the development of an atypical gender identity.

"However, it may be just one of several routes and, although it seems extremely likely that a biological element will always be present in the aetiology of transsexualism, it's unlikely that developmental pathways will be the same in all individuals."
Anecdotal....also, 5 years ago...and *crickets* since

Of course I don't expect you will actually read any of the links. Your style seems to be just fling word salad across the screen and insult others.

And it still appears you have not read the original article for this thread.
So, I read it....

anything else? Perhaps something that is persuasive?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Here's another thing... have you noticed how all these disorders kind of overlap in symptoms or how they manifest themselves?

Like for example...

Gender Identity Disorder
Dissociative Identity Disorder (which was previously known as multiple personality disorder, until they changed it...for whatever reason)
Dissociative amnesia
Depersonalization disorder

There is no treatment for DiD...why? Why can't they just allow us to have multiple identities? multiple SS #'s etc. etc.. If we feel we are who we believe to be.. Wouldn't this be a viable cure? It's a dissociative disorder, is it not? Not much unlike gender identity disorder...which is also dissociative...RIGHT?

I was born to be "Sgt. Pepper"... Please give me my SS# because on Tuesdays I want to be Sgt Pepper and Wednesday I want to be Junior Seau Reincarnate, Ok? And my psychiatrist says I have this disorder...this is my cure.

Do you see how stupid that premise is?

They give you meds to try and FIX this disorder at the MENTAL level...

Why isn't this the case with gender losers?

Why does THIS special case have to be fixed with butchery on the physical level?

Of course, this is all enabled by an institution that isn't science at all so it's understandable.
What I've noticed, and what you have empirically proven once again with this last post, is that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
What I've noticed, and what you have empirically proven once again with this last post, is that you have no clue what you are talking about.
Please, address the argument before it.

Can you make a compelling reason why one dissociative disorder should be treated and one should be catered too?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Which part of the brain has to be damaged to willfully abuse innocent children?
Like you advocate for?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,403,992 times
Quote:
That was apparent from the get-go. Why are you arguing with pinheads who have no clue about anatomy, physiology, psychology, psychiatry or science? Let them stew in their miasma of prejudice, intolerance and ignorance. You won't change any minds. Just be glad they don't make the laws.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
So, I read it....

anything else? Perhaps something that is persuasive?
Reading and comprehending are not the same. Your silly 'quips' show you didn't comprehend what you claim to have 'read'.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM

anatomy and physiology have plenty of verifiable, empirical data as to how and why things work the way they do...

psychology and psychiatry? Not so much...

try again....

Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Please, address the argument before it.

Can you make a compelling reason why one dissociative disorder should be treated and one should be catered too?
What 'argument'? You didn't make one. You made some silly uneducated quips.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
anatomy and physiology have plenty of verifiable, empirical data as to how and why things work the way they do...

psychology and psychiatry? Not so much...

try again....
Ah... just shows you didn't actually read those links. Thanks for the confirmation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies