Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:21 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,819,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
How many billion dollar corporations has a rich person staffed and run himself?

How many shoes has the CEO of NIKE put together in his life? How many loads of cargo has the CEO of WalMart unloaded at the docks in his life? How many cell towers has the CEO of Verizon repaired himself? What if one day, the workers didn't show up?

Who is more important? He who owns the means of production, or he who does the producing?

Who would fare worse if people had to go back to making, growing and living locally? Tradesmen and craftsmen (workers) ... or... globalized managers who make "hard decisions" all day like how many workers they should cut to ensure that executive bonuses remain undisturbed?

Destroy the corporation, and society would change, but not collapse. However, get rid of exploitable labor, and the "job creators" world crashes down around them.
Sounds a lot like the old Marxist slogan:"All land to the peasants, all factories to the workers.”
It was very popular in Russia back in 1917. We know how it worked out for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,819,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Your point? All of the workers that put together planes, trucks and terminals are WORKERS. I don't see a bunch of CEOs out there fueling planes at the airports.
Who puts together all those workers? Do you think they can get together by themselves and build a plane?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,475,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Sounds a lot like the old Marxist slogan:"All land to the peasants, all factories to the workers.”
It was very popular in Russia back in 1917. We know how it worked out for them.
And a lot of you subservient "respect your betters" types remind me of the Tories and Loyalists to King George during the American Revolution. Wrote one Tory clergyman, "I am disturbed about the activities of certain groups that are advocating a rebellion against the Crown and our great King George. I have just heard the news of a small group of ruffians who have dumped a large amount of tea into the Boston Harbor. This tea would have also helped the financial state of the East India Tea Company of which we certainly hope would stay solvent!"

Of course we also know how that worked out for them...

Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 PM

927 posts, read 1,461,259 times
Quote:
The word "Rich" is now politically incorrect, the correct term is "Job Creator"
... yeah GOVERNMENT JOB CREATOR ... from being taxed to death!

I am not rich - not even close ... and they get over 10 grand out of my ol' hide

Old 09-27-2011, 03:25 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,376,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Wow, Obama's been president for ten years?
No, silly. He just SPENDS like it.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,205,470 times
I think "Job Lords" is a more accurate title. America's working public is at their mercy.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,420,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I think "Job Lords" is a more accurate title. America's working public is at their mercy.
Anyone who is worth their pay is at the mercy of NO ONE.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,475,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Anyone who is worth their pay is at the mercy of NO ONE.
That is until the "Job Creators" can find a cheaper replacement for 'em elsewhere...

Old 09-28-2011, 08:25 AM

927 posts, read 1,461,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That is until the "Job Creators" can find a cheaper replacement for 'em elsewhere...
well said!

Personally know of a company who used to hire welders (10 years ago) at $17.00 an hour ...

since the economy started wobbling they laid off 1/2 the crews and recently started to hire again
with a starting wage of $10.00 an hour
... most of their staff hasn't seen a raise in 8 or 9 years

Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,392,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
well said!

Personally know of a company who used to hire welders (10 years ago) at $17.00 an hour ...

since the economy started wobbling they laid off 1/2 the crews and recently started to hire again
with a starting wage of $10.00 an hour
... most of their staff hasn't seen a raise in 8 or 9 years
Wages is a cost of doing business that employers can control.

Looks like that is what happened here.

Better choice than closing the doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies