Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM

927 posts, read 1,460,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What about those who do know the difference between the two? The poorer that you are the the wider the gap appears to be. In other words it is not their fault if they can't eat but think they those who eat lobster and steak are rich. The plans that the eight mental dwarfs are more corporation geared and not people geared. There are exceptions to that since many of the people that follow them are not wrapped too tight in the first place
oh .... waaaa! time to take ownership for self inflicted STUPIDITY and it's own fruits (or lack of)

you are trying to feed this to the wrong person ...

I was THERE and worse off than you have probably ever been

the reason I am not there now - is because I learned to own my faulty thinking

and did something about it ... NOW I AM PISSED!

I was homeless 14 years ago ... no car ... no address ... no income ... and every time I went to a place for help - when I came out - I felt worse than when I went in.

When I owned my problem and decided to fix it - those places for help got in the way ... my choices were
  1. sit on my duff and complain
  2. go there during regular business hours (which conflicts with the GETTING WORK time of day)
  3. (IF I don't have a job) go out and get work
    (FYI: BUSINESS OWNERS get work - grunts get jobs)

You see - when a person gets too much work - they hire people who won't get work that can do the job

Wanna know why I am semi retired for nearly 7 years after 14 years of being NON HOMELESS?
... because I chose to be comfortable and NOT RICH
... and I am tired of you people crying in your beer about POOR PITIFUL YOU and my taxes are over 10 grand a year after working it for myself.

You people have it so I may eventually need to go back at it - because my tax is too much for my modest life style!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
oh .... waaaa! time to take ownership for self inflicted STUPIDITY and it's own fruits (or lack of)

I was homeless 14 years ago ... no car ... no address ... no income ... and every time I went to a place for help - when I came out - I felt worse than when I went in.

When I owned my problem and decided to fix it - those places for help got in the way ... my choices were
  2. go there during regular business hours (which conflicts with the GETTING WORK time of day)

You see - when a person gets too much work - they hire people who won't get work that can do the job

Wanna know why I am semi retired for nearly 7 years after 14 years of being NON HOMELESS?
... and I am tired of you people crying in your beer about POOR PITIFUL YOU and my taxes are over 10 grand a year after working it for myself.

You people have it so I may eventually need to go back at it - because my tax is too much for my modest life style!
Wow...that means if you are single you have between $55,250/$55,300 of federal taxable income.

And you own the business??

What schedule are you filing with your 1040???

Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wow...that means if you are single you have between $55,250/$55,300 of federal taxable income.

And you own the business??

What schedule are you filing with your 1040???
schedule E ...
also schedule A ... forgot about that one

Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
schedule E ...
also schedule A ... forgot about that one
Look into adding a way to use a "C".

I think you can get your taxable income down.

Maybe a maintenance company for your rentals????

Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times
Posting anything by Bill Mahrer makes you lose points.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
I guess its like the able bodied person called socailly handicapped that use to be called a Bum. So mnay new names for what has always been called soemthing or other dependnig on times.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Look into adding a way to use a "C".

I think you can get your taxable income down.

Maybe a maintenance company for your rentals????
LOL ... that is my company too that's why I am semi retired

Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times
Quote:

Nice rant <applause> You are proably the only person that I have heard who sole goal is to work to become comfortable. Screw that! If I'm going to bust my butt working for someone else, who BTW will get rich on my sweat why would I want to settle for that? Come to think of it there was a word for that some years ago......aha yes it was called SLAVERY! What you are saying fits right into the wealthy's best scenario, people who will work for whatever they give them.

As far as your "success story" I'm happy for you. People like yourself are so wrapped up in your own successes you find it hard to understand that there are others are not as smart or fortunate that are struggling to no fault of their own. BTW, I noticed you story happened over 10 years ago. Please tell me how does that relate to the situation now? What you are saying is just like a professional football in the 60's commenting on what he did than on the field and comparing what he thinks that he can do now.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Nice rant <applause> You are proably the only person that I have heard who sole goal is to work to become comfortable. Screw that! If I'm going to bust my butt working for someone else, who BTW will get rich on my sweat why would I want to settle for that? Come to think of it there was a word for that some years ago......aha yes it was called SLAVERY! What you are saying fits right into the wealthy's best scenario, people who will work for whatever they give them.

As far as your "success story" I'm happy for you. People like yourself are so wrapped up in your own successes you find it hard to understand that there are others are not as smart or fortunate that are struggling to no fault of their own. BTW, I noticed you story happened over 10 years ago. Please tell me how does that relate to the situation now? What you are saying is just like a professional football in the 60's commenting on what he did than on the field and comparing what he thinks that he can do now.
hey ... yo ... goofball

Poor baby! ... let me break it down for you so EVEN YOU can understand the SIMPLE CONCEPT.
  1. Quote:
    You are proably the only person that I have heard who sole goal is to work to become comfortable.
    There is ONE OF MANY differences between you and I ... I am not greedy -- wow ... imagine that ... someone on the right who is not greedy LIKE YOU.
  2. Quote:
    Screw that! If I'm going to bust my butt working for someone else, who BTW will get rich on my sweat why would I want to settle for that?
    Still don't get it - huh? People like me find the work to give people like you a job ... you will NEVER make the bulk of the money doing a job - you are ONLY ENTITLED to sign the back of a company check which was filled by the work you and others did!
  3. Quote:
    who BTW will get rich on my sweat why would I want to settle for that?
    EASY ANSWER: You are unmotivated, undisciplined, and lack the ability to be anything but an employers puppet ... you are ALL WRAPPED UP ON A JOB and people like are after the work that people like you do for me.
    DON'T LIKE IT? Grow a pair and get some work and quit scamming your employer.
    Can't make the money that work pays unless you can commit to EVERY JOB involved with getting it done.
  4. Quote:
    People like yourself are so wrapped up in your own successes you find it hard to understand that there are others are not as smart or fortunate that are struggling to no fault of their own.
    PURE NONSENSE ... I have a ninth grade education - that is ALL the schooling I got ... You got less?
    You see? I was the kid in ghetto who was on the corner smoking a joint and drinking myself senseless at 15 ... where were you at 15?

I figured it out ... it didn't work! You STILL CAN'T tell your way isn't working.
    I suppose it takes some hard core intelligence to see when it doesn't work like you want for it to go!
  5. Quote:
    BTW, I noticed you story happened over 10 years ago. Please tell me how does that relate to the situation now?
    ... hmmm .... I was able to retire in the little Bush presidency
    although the Obama presidency may force me to go back to work.
  6. Quote:
    What you are saying is just like a professional football in the 60's commenting on what he did than on the field and comparing what he thinks that he can do now.
    SCREW THAT ... a Ball Player is like A Chavez lovin' Hollywood freak a distraction for people like you who want to know the game more than the politics that have screwed you for so many years.
IT IS TOO FUNNY - more people can tell you about the line up in another states football team than they can tell you about the sucker who conned them into a vote.

Give me a break - you can't honestly tell me you know squat about just this presidents lies to his voters ... stay on the porch with the other whining puppies.

BY THE WAY: You can't understand ... if you could have - I seriously doubt you would have said that facts were a rant. You can't even tell the difference you poor fool!

This was funny <applause> (back at ya'!):
Quote:
Nice rant <applause>

Old 10-06-2011, 02:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The rich have gotten richer in the last 10 years, why haven't the job creators made more jobs?

They have...

In China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies