Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 04:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,307,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"At the request of tea party leaders in Arizona, famed Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has promised to investigate the validity of Barack Obama's purported long-form birth certificate in a determination of the president's eligibility for the county's 2012 election ballot."

A county sheriff only answers to the people..not the Congress..not the President..not the Justice Department..not the Obamatrons...the people.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio to Investigate Validity of Obama's Birth Certificate | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records
Yea...that Arpaio is a real sharp dude. He's gonna spend my taxpayer money as an Arizona resident to investigate something that'll come to the same conclusion as every other investigation in this matter.

What's that saying about doing the same things and expecting a different result?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,203 times
Quote:
An example of deflection.
would you like to see an example of avoidance?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,117,086 times
Quote:
An example of deflection.
It is always correct to deflect from a red herring back to the actual subject at hand.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,594,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea...that Arpaio is a real sharp dude. He's gonna spend my taxpayer money as an Arizona resident to investigate something that'll come to the same conclusion as every other investigation in this matter.

What's that saying about doing the same things and expecting a different result?
Unbiased forensic examiners have concluded every birth certificate put forth as Obama's has been a forgery. Those conclusions have not changed, we just need that evidence to be brought before a court - all have punted thus far. A sitting resident wields a lot of power, if he has the media and numerous foot soldiers working on his behalf. Many have just assumed he must be legit, because he holds the keys to the kingdom. People like you will twist the rule of law to accomodate his continued rule. That is not how we do it in this country. If you want to change the rules, we have the judicial branch and the legislative branch for that. The executive branch is to abide by their ruling, not make up his own.
Why are you so afraid of Joe Arpaio? All he can do is offer an opinion. He won't be arresting your beloved ruler. He's just going to take a look. I understand your concern, Joe does not bend to pressure or intimidation. Why not let him investigate, and see what comes of it. If he wants to take up a collection, count me in.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM

47,049 posts, read 26,153,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Unbiased forensic examiners have concluded every birth certificate put forth as Obama's has been a forgery.
Something tells me I know exactly how you tell the "unbiased" from the rest... Even WND was OK with the first COLB, until they realized there was a lot of fools that hadn't been parted from their money yet.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 08-23-2011 at 07:26 PM..

Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,307,103 times
Quote:
Unbiased forensic examiners have concluded every birth certificate put forth as Obama's has been a forgery. Those conclusions have not changed, we just need that evidence to be brought before a court - all have punted thus far. A sitting resident wields a lot of power, if he has the media and numerous foot soldiers working on his behalf. Many have just assumed he must be legit, because he holds the keys to the kingdom. People like you will twist the rule of law to accomodate his continued rule. That is not how we do it in this country. If you want to change the rules, we have the judicial branch and the legislative branch for that. The executive branch is to abide by their ruling, not make up his own.
Why are you so afraid of Joe Arpaio? All he can do is offer an opinion. He won't be arresting your beloved ruler. He's just going to take a look. I understand your concern, Joe does not bend to pressure or intimidation. Why not let him investigate, and see what comes of it. If he wants to take up a collection, count me in.
Anyone taking up the mantle of birtherism as it concerns Obama in August of 2011 is either an idiot or damn close to it. No one is afraid of Arpaio (except for a few illegal Mexicans, and their fear is overrated) at this point. He's old....and in the not too distant future he'll hardly matter anymore. He certainly doesn't matter to me since i don't live in Maricopa County.

That's all i've got to say on this topic.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,022,362 times
So what website are the knucke-dragging birthers getting this stuff from? A lot of bozos like to cite the same Wong Kim Ark case when claiming that children of illegal immigrants who are born in the US aren't citizens, too. And they use the same retarded techniques of quoting things out of context. There's got to be a common source for this stuff, because people that are stupid enough to believe this aren't going to make this stuff up on their own.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:55 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,022,362 times
Quote:
In the US Constitution there is a natural born Citizen. A class of citizen Obama is not.... based on at least two US Supreme Court decisions.

A US Senator or a Congressman can be a citizen...but only a President has to be a natural born Citizen
I mean, wow, did you actually read the post you were responding to?

Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
... Joe does not bend to pressure or intimidation. Why not let him investigate, and see what comes of it. If he wants to take up a collection, count me in.
"What I have agreed to do, contrary to some published media reports, is simply look at the evidence these people have assembled and examine whether it is within my jurisdiction to investigate the document's authenticity," Arpaio said in a written statement Friday.

Arpaio clarifies stand on Obama birth certificate - KTAR.com

what exactly do you believe a county sheriff has the authority to do in an investigation? force the hawaiian DoH to open all their files? conduct an investigation in kenya?

but, if you feel strongly about it, keep on corsi to send the sheriff all the info then keep us up to date on the sheriff's investigation.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
If he wants to take up a collection, count me in.
have you donated money to any of the birther entities before? if you did were you given any kind of statement on how the money is to be/was spent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies