Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times

Advertisements

They only mentioned the test in 4 States. What about the other Wells Fargos, in other States. Will they first wait and see how people react to the new $3.00 monthly fee. Yeah first it is $3.00 we all know how that go's then the fees go up.
I am very concern i do have wells fargo here in Calif. Now if you have a certain amount in your account, which i do without saying how much, will i still have to pay that monthly fee, if this also happens in Calif, if so, my money and me are gone. I have my money in different banks, what interest. Banks are not paying interest it sucks right now. All i do is keep leaving banks for raising their fees. Think i am going to be talking to Wells Fargo in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
JPM-Chase tried something like that a few months ago and it didn't go over well so they ended it.
They tried higher ATM fees ($5.00) if you tried to use their ATM but weren't a customer.

JPMorgan Chase Decides Against $5 Test ATM Fees After Testing Period

Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You can all thank the "financial reform bill".

Now stop whining and go campaign for obama again.
Exactly. We were all warned the the financial reform bill would cause banks to make up lost revenues in other ways... including such fees.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Clueless I see. Do you even know what the Glass-Steagal act did?
Ehm - yes. Now, why you felt it necessary to bring it up in response to Chromekitty's perfectly reasonable post is anybody's guess.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Exactly. We were all warned the the financial reform bill would cause banks to make up lost revenues in other ways... including such fees.
The banks worked with Congress to write the damn bill.
Of course the banks were in favor of this bill..they had their loopholes written into it.

And many here on C-D posted about that and were blasted by the left who said this would save the consumer. Those posters were WRONG.

You have to stop reading the headlines in the MSM and start reading the dang bills because the two are NOT THE SAME anymore.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,453,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Of course, if everyone did that, the banks would start charging people for every withdrawal...sigh
Mine is going to, in a way.

Years ago I had an ATM card, and all it was good for - and all I used it for - was to withdraw money from my account. Then the bank replaced it with a debit card. No problem ... until last week, when I got a notice in the mail that said the bank was going to start charging $4 a month if I used the debit card even once during a given month unless I (1) had a direct deposit going into my account (and I do), AND (2) maintained a balance of at least $5000.

Thing is, the only thing I use my debit card for is to withdraw money from my account. I have never used it for buying stuff, ever.

I've got about 6 weeks to find another bank. But I have the impression that they're all doing this kind of thing.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Mine is going to, in a way.

Years ago I had an ATM card, and all it was good for - and all I used it for - was to withdraw money from my account. Then the bank replaced it with a debit card. No problem ... until last week, when I got a notice in the mail that said the bank was going to start charging $4 a month if I used the debit card even once during a given month unless I (1) had a direct deposit going into my account (and I do), AND (2) maintained a balance of at least $5000.

Thing is, the only thing I use my debit card for is to withdraw money from my account. I have never used it for buying stuff, ever.

I've got about 6 weeks to find another bank. But I have the impression that they're all doing this kind of thing.
My bank did that too..replaced my ATM card with a combo ATM/debit card but I never use it as a debit card..just as an ATM card to withdraw cash.

So far so good with me. I'm with a credit union and there's no fees if you use the credit union ATM system.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:31 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - yes. Now, why you felt it necessary to bring it up in response to Chromekitty's perfectly reasonable post is anybody's guess.
Yep, clueless like I thought.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Look at all the Lefties looking for somewhere to hide their money from that evil $3/month charge, while they advocate taking more of other people's money in other threads. This is CLASSIC!

Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,091,244 times
You can thank the so called consumer protection 'Dodd/Frank' legislation for the new bank fees.
Suntrust announced starting Nov 1, they will be charging $5 for using a debit card anytime during a statement period, even if used only once.
Card was used only for weekly grocery shopping. So, decided to go back to using checks. But received my check order last week. What was 3 groups of 50 checks is now 2 groups of only 60 Looks like I'll be paying for groceries with cash.
Suntrust also announced that there will be a $1 monthly fee for 'check maintainance/storage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies