Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 AM

810 posts, read 838,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm not the one excusing anyone's actions. Just pointing out that Americans are some of the most violent, warlike people there are, and that the violence we see now is just an offshoot and continuation of the violence that arose on this continent 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 30 and 20 years ago.
But it seems some like you keep bringing that up on their every post. So nothing can be solved if people just go in circles with who is more/less violent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
But it seems some like you keep bringing that up on their every post. So nothing can be solved if people just go in circles with who is more/less violent.
I actually agree with this. I don't like the tit for tat much either, but I was just pointing out the holier-than-thou attitude of some as well as the idiocy of trying to pin all black people with the baggage of the actions of the very few. I don't know how to solve these problems. Phila. is one of my home towns, but I don't live there anymore. I live in the exurbs, where I can only do what I can do (raise my kids as law-abiding citizens) and mentor the youth in my community.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,226,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I actually agree with this. I don't like the tit for tat much either, but I was just pointing out the holier-than-thou attitude of some as well as the idiocy of trying to pin all black people with the baggage of the actions of the very few. I don't know how to solve these problems. Phila. is one of my home towns, but I don't live there anymore. I live in the exurbs, where I can only do what I can do (raise my kids as law-abiding citizens) and mentor the youth in my community.

Nor do I like the "holier-than-thou" attitude liberals have toward people who are opposed to abortion, gay marriage, a belief in creationism......heckfire, even a belief in God, period. Countless liberals here on CD call a belief in God a "delusion", a "fairy tale" etc..

And for the record, I don't like the attitude many Christians take in these debates either.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:48 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,143,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Nor do I like the "holier-than-thou" attitude liberals have toward people who are opposed to abortion, gay marriage, a belief in creationism......heckfire, even a belief in God, period. Countless liberals here on CD call a belief in God a "delusion", a "fairy tale" etc..
God forbid that someone should have an opinion different than yours.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,226,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
God forbid that someone should have an opinion different than yours.
What an asinine post. You missed the point entirely. I don't hold ANY of "those opinions". I thought that the last paragraph of my post would indicate such.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 PM

88 posts, read 133,035 times
Gonna get real interesting when one of these "Flash Mobs" in Philly comes up on someone with a gun, and a few of them get smoked. Real interesting.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:12 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,974,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Only the most ignorant of people, or the most racially-insensitive people in this country, believe that this segment of blacks causing these problems is indicative of the ENTIRE BLACK RACE.

These black teenagers causing these problems are the same as any ignorant group of people who are a part of every race. What an idiotic statement by the Mayor to take this position.

Better to address the CAUSE of this behavior.
Please provide a link to the news coverage of the white, Asian, Latin, and Eskimo flash mobs that have been cropping up just like the poor, poor, victimized African American flash mobs.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,602,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
first off, f this dude.
a black male or female could try and try and try but look at the damn facts. look at the percentages that were just in the news not too long ago.

the disparities are very serious. instead of lecturing he should be focusing on how to bring jobs to philly and executing whatever plan(s) that he and his staff come up with.
If a million new jobs came to Philly tomorrow, the people he's addressing wouldn't get one of them, and that's his point.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If a million new jobs came to Philly tomorrow, the people he's addressing wouldn't get one of them, and that's his point.
While that's true, another problem is that Philly won't see any new jobs anytime soon anyway.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Please provide a link to the news coverage of the white, Asian, Latin, and Eskimo flash mobs that have been cropping up just like the poor, poor, victimized African American flash mobs.
What's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies