Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Tax reform (close loopholes, flat tax, etc) 22 84.62%
Increase revenues (higher taxes, tarriffs, etc) 13 50.00%
Decrease non-Medicare/Medicaid spending 12 46.15%
Decrease Medicare/Medicaid spending 11 42.31%
Decrease military spending 19 73.08%
Decrease other spending (elaborate) 14 53.85%
Trade reform 17 65.38%
Balanced Budget Amendment 14 53.85%
Other 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,654,300 times

Advertisements

Unleash the largest mass you can because you know mass is energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 07:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,097,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Unleash the largest mass you can because you know mass is energy.
47 lower states??? I could live with that.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh sure if we open the borders here, then the rest of the world should too. No more passports, no more borders, and come to think of it no more money, no more Govt's, and no more problems. It's hell on Earth!
No, just us.

The more mass we have the better since matter is energy.

That means open borders and "one" America, ect.

I can assure you there's no "freer" way to absorb the massive imbalances.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 PM

355 posts, read 872,695 times
Arrest the CEOs who have and continue to offshore manufacturing jobs to other countries and charge them with treason. Implement a tariff, Smoot-Hawley style. Bin Laden is dead, time to leave Afghanistan. Iraq is a quagmire, would like to see the US out of there too but I know they won't leave because they need the oil. This country needs a balanced budget amendment but the Republicans won't alienate their rich donors by raising taxes on them (and secretly neither will Democrats). Let's face it, those who make decisions are rich, so why would they vote to raise taxes on themselves? We will hear a lot in the coming years, in fact it will be rammed down our throats by the mainstream media, that so called "entitlement" programs, as if they are generously being handed out by the government as opposed to being funded by a payroll tax on the working class, like Social Security and Medicaid will need to be "scaled back." This will include any and all truly heinous options including raising the retirement age to 70, increasing the payroll tax, and of course reducing Medicaid to a "in name only" system, which is to say recipients will be forced to shell out the majority of the money required for their healthcare.

We need to end the Federal Reserve. Why shouldn't the US be able to print its own money? Why do we instead have the Federal Reserve print money and then loan it to government at interest? Time to cut out the middleman.

Repeal NAFTA because No American Finds This Amusing.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
47 lower states??? I could live with that.
Well I'm trying to preserve America, pay off its debts and move forward and what are you doing?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM

4,443 posts, read 4,902,255 times
We Stand With the Majority of Americans: Human Needs, Not Corporate Greed | October 2011

Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenChester View Post
Arrest the CEOs who have and continue to offshore manufacturing jobs to other countries and charge them with treason. Implement a tariff, Smoot-Hawley style. Bin Laden is dead, time to leave Afghanistan. Iraq is a quagmire, would like to see the US out of there too but I know they won't leave because they need the oil. This country needs a balanced budget amendment but the Republicans won't alienate their rich donors by raising taxes on them (and secretly neither will Democrats). Let's face it, those who make decisions are rich, so why would they vote to raise taxes on themselves? We will hear a lot in the coming years, in fact it will be rammed down our throats by the mainstream media, that so called "entitlement" programs, as if they are generously being handed out by the government as opposed to being funded by a payroll tax on the working class, like Social Security and Medicaid will need to be "scaled back." This will include any and all truly heinous options including raising the retirement age to 70, increasing the payroll tax, and of course reducing Medicaid to a "in name only" system, which is to say recipients will be forced to shell out the majority of the money required for their healthcare.

We need to end the Federal Reserve. Why shouldn't the US be able to print its own money? Why do we instead have the Federal Reserve print money and then loan it to government at interest? Time to cut out the middleman.

Repeal NAFTA because No American Finds This Amusing.
You're not going backwards. You know that because you have evolution.

Why go backwards and more protective when freedom clearly ends in less oppression.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,097,325 times
Big John it is entirely impossible to pay the debt. It can't not be done. The only way it might be done is to place value on grains of sand, and if you did that very thing Congress would screw that up, and the Sahara would be in debt. I could live with out Mass though. In fact i tink we should give Mass to China for 1/2 the debt.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,421,560 times
I'm seeing a lot of interesting ideas, but a lot more voting going on.

DETAILS PEOPLE!

C'mon, you all speak a big talk here on C-D all the time, let's hear some more examples!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,349,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I'm seeing a lot of interesting ideas, but a lot more voting going on.

DETAILS PEOPLE!

C'mon, you all speak a big talk here on C-D all the time, let's hear some more examples!
I already gave quite a few.
Tax breaks for corporations to build and produce domestically.
Tax breaks for manufacturing that only uses domestic raw materials.
penalties for businesses that move abroad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies