Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
That wasn't the issue.

How they went about it - taking advantage of a crisis in a manner that hurt us all - is the issue.
Did the Dems try pretty hard to compromise when all that was going on? Did they not push through an illegally written law and then pass it without one minute of debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,369,463 times
"Holding the country hostage".....I'm sorry that's just the usual partisan loser claptrap talking point straight from the dinosaur Harry Reid and his ilk....just like "domestic terrorists".

Y'all get a clue and look at what those politicians have been doing to us all except their owners. Very few of them have the guts to do anything about the impending disaster.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:15 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,488,851 times
I'd reserve the word terrorists for people who actually endanger peoples' lives. Tea Partiers aren't quite there. But their still a little unhinged up in the attic, if you ask me.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
As if the democrats & republicrats who created this crisis haven't cost our future generations their prosperity?

Geezuz people, get a grip on what congress has been doing for decades.

Enough is enough, and kicking the can down the road is only going to make it MUCH worse.
Has the Congress been writing bills outside their house for decades? I only have seen this happening since Obama took office. Has the Congress been passing laws that were illegally written without any debate on the floor? I sure haven't seen that before he took office.

Maybe you could explain to me why all of a sudden Congress has to vote in such a hurry because we just can't wait.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The problem was not created in the last six years nor will it be corrected in the next six. Yes we can make moves to start te repair process but holding the country hostage until the eleventh hour is not the way and those that watch our government and determine risk were very unnerved by the actions of the right. That will cost us all more money in the long run and solved nothing.
Casper
I would say that you haven't really paid a lot of attention to what the people at S&P have been saying about the fact that they did what they did because the Congress failed to cut enough out of the expenditures coming up. I really think that if you watch something other than far left crap you will find that you are wrong.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
To even imply that the Tea Party members are Terrorsts is ludicrous, ridiculous and wholly idiotic. Anyone who does, is a fools fool.
They just are convinced that they can totally bring an end to the Tea Party with all these things done purely to marginalize the Party. They will lose their butts in the end.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I think they are called useful idiots!
That is what the Communists of the 20s and 30s called all those college kids working for them. It happened again in the 60s and 70s with those same ids and it is happening now. Of course, the Dems are using them this time but the Communists are using the Dems.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,986,655 times
The terrorists are living in the White House. Closely followed by Congress and the Senate.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
"Holding the country hostage".....I'm sorry that's just the usual partisan loser claptrap talking point straight from the dinosaur Harry Reid and his ilk....just like "domestic terrorists".

Y'all get a clue and look at what those politicians have been doing to us all except their owners. Very few of them have the guts to do anything about the impending disaster.
How about the Tea Party Congressmen who voted against that undebated, illegally written law the other day. Well, I guess they are owned by those of us who wanted them to do things like that. However, all the Congress people who are really owned, Dem and Rep managed to vote yes on that illegally prepared bill.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:32 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The problem was not created in the last six years nor will it be corrected in the next six. Yes we can make moves to start te repair process but holding the country hostage until the eleventh hour is not the way and those that watch our government and determine risk were very unnerved by the actions of the right. That will cost us all more money in the long run and solved nothing.
Casper

Considering they had several months to come up with a plan and nothing emerged that Obama didn't flat out reject I'm not thinking it was the TEA party that held hostages. Remember that the Dems wouldn't even vote for Obama's plan. Obama needed fodder for his campaign and used this as ammunition, plain and simple.

If you look at the reports that came out of the downgrades it clearly says that the cuts don't fix any problems. That is what the TEA Party was trying to address. If they had debated their proposal we wouldn't be in this shape. But than both the D's and R's would be in trouble so they chose to demonize the people that have the knowledge to fix the problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies