Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
People who don't know how to use the search function aren't allowed to call others stupid: Free Cell Phones for the Poor
Pwned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,625 times
The title of this thread is one of the reasons why Conservatives come off as intolerant, ignorant, uninformed, single or trigger issue voters who allow themselves to be used by wealthy people who use birtherism, religion, abortion, fear (of losing second amendment rights, some minoroty group getting more tax money then them, gays getting married, terrorists, progress and everyone that is not a straight white male), Fox News, conserative blogs (who post lies every day all day) and right-wing talk radio shows to get them to vote against their own interests and in favor of the 1%.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Probably stupid crap like this. Cell phones are now a right granted from da guberment?
Times are tough, and you might be faced with choosing whether or not you can continue paying for your mobile phone, if you even have one. But did you know you the government has authorized phone companies to provide free cell phones and service to tens of millions Americans at no charge? Just how much would one of these free government cell phones change your life?
Free Government Cell Phones – #1 Authority on Free Cell Phones Program

One thing I can say I have in common with this lot of lumpenprole Liberaces who claim their right to all the bling, bling the nipple can give them , I too am homeless, politically.
Ever hear of the search feature on this forum?
No?
I didnt think so.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,538 times
Oh yeah. Yet another stereotypical thread that lumps those in need with the lazy. With population being what it is today, we'll never catch all the thieves. This does not mean one should be able to take away a subsidy program because it angers you.

2 years ago I was forced to swallow my pride and apply for one of these BASIC cell phones. (Let alone welfare) At first it bothered me. Until I realised, I HAD put 25 years of WORK into this U.S. of A.. And it's economic decline being no fault of my own, it didn't bother me long. Thank goodness I'm working again. Almost a year now. However, there are people in this U.S. of A. that are worthy of this program.

So get over your anger and address something of importance. Perhaps someday (although I highly doubt it) programs such as this will be in less need.

And BTW... It's not just liberals that have abject stupidity. That's just stupid. Stupidity does NOT discriminate. Niether does a political party. Humans do. Take a sniff of reality.

Last edited by shroombeanie; 06-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: And BTW...

Old 06-12-2012, 03:52 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,748,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
this is nothing about liberals or whatever. This is about following a law that says every home/household should have a means to be able to communicate. whether its a telephone, fax, and/or through mail. Mostly because these are needed in times of EMERGENCIES (health, weather, natural disasters warning etc)

FACT: Telephone companies HATE providing residential service. the majority of earnings for these companies are through the business contracts they have. As residential services are declining due to the influx of mobile telephone, many phone companies are not bothering with providing free TELEPHONES and service (YES, this was subsidized by the govt as well) to those who could not afford service.

Now, this law is "changing" to accommodate mobile services.

This "accommodation" has been around since LAN lines were popular in the home. As households move away from LAN lines, the accommodation have been updated:

Lifeline: Affordable Telephone Service for Income-Eligible Consumers | FCC.gov

and no, they aren't getting fancy smancy smart phones. They are getting your basic mobile phones that you are able to call in/call out and maybe do some text messaging. No video watching, no email, no facebooking or the like.
You are $hitting me right? You just proved the point of the OP..

Right to communicate? ROTFLMAO..

Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ever hear of the search feature on this forum?
No?
I didnt think so.

And how would you say you are doing?

Free Cell Phones for the Poor

Try this search.

ROTFLMAO - Definition by AcronymFinder

Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
You are $hitting me right? You just proved the point of the OP..

Right to communicate, yes. If you don't like that you have to take it up with the past, when people realized the telephone wasn't just a flash in the pan and the world changed to revolve around it.

We can't solve all the problems in the world but we can prevent the creation of a subgroup of people who live a life seperate from the rest of the world becasue they can't afford to keep up.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:04 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Oh yeah. Yet another stereotypical thread that lumps those in need with the lazy. With population being what it is today, we'll never catch all the thieves. This does not mean one should be able to take away a subsidy program because it angers you.

2 years ago I was forced to swallow my pride and apply for one of these BASIC cell phones. (Let alone welfare) At first it bothered me. Until I realised, I HAD put 25 years of WORK into this U.S. of A.. And it's economic decline being no fault of my own, it didn't bother me long. Thank goodness I'm working again. Almost a year now. However, there are people in this U.S. of A. that are worthy of this program.

So get over your anger and address something of importance. Perhaps someday (although I highly doubt it) programs such as this will be in less need.

And BTW... It's not just liberals that have abject stupidity. That's just stupid. Stupidity does NOT discriminate. Niether does a political party. Humans do. Take a sniff of reality.
Try the search function and look at my ruthless crucifixions of "conservatives". I have pounded them so brutally I have been accused being a Marxist in hot pink underwear.

Free cell phones are a wrong, not a right.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:05 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

did you read the part where it was for EMERGENCY purposes. Like when the city calls you to warn you about natural disasters and to FREAKING vacate your home?

guess you rather have people be in danger rather than be saved.

also frequently, phones are used to give you updates on emergency conditions (evacuation, all clear, etc)

or forget that you may have to call an ambulance if you grandmother falls and breaks her hip.

and that those who are in dire need and are looking for work. how pray tell is a business going to contact said person to let them know they got the job? (which would mean it would GET them off the govt assistance for a phone).

and btw, you have to meet strict standards as defined by whatever law that governs the subsidies (its determined by state). Most times, you have to live below poverty (earning less than $12K a year)

Old 06-12-2012, 04:08 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The title of this thread is one of the reasons why Conservatives come off as intolerant, ignorant, uninformed, single or trigger issue voters who allow themselves to be used by wealthy people who use birtherism, religion, abortion, fear (of losing second amendment rights, some minoroty group getting more tax money then them, gays getting married, terrorists, progress and everyone that is not a straight white male), Fox News, conserative blogs (who post lies every day all day) and right-wing talk radio shows to get them to vote against their own interests and in favor of the 1%.

Ignorant is the key word. The right-wingers have been plunging our country into decline for many years, packing the Supreme Court with neo-fascists, destroying the tax base, spending wildly on the military and their rich friends, creating huge deficits and then blaming them on poor people. These people have no morals whatsoever. When they lose, America wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies