Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 09:53 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I like how they state to those trolls who think Obama enacted this policy, to point out Bush was the one who did
Hmmm, I went back and reread what I posted and nowhere in the OP does it mention a political party nor a sitting president.

Do you get off by typing Bush?

I said government.

The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is the spelling and the spin each one puts out.

BOTH parties are equally to blame for where we are at today.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Hmmm, I went back and reread what I posted and nowhere in the OP does it mention a political party nor a sitting president.

Do you get off by typing Bush?

I said government.

The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is the spelling and the spin each one puts out.

Typical of the radical right to resort to childish namecalling.
I know it's also common for these nutjobs not to value basic educational fundamentals like reading comprehension, but it's right there on the first page of the link

"It’s been commonly called the “Obama phone” but that’s an urban legend as free cell phones were added under the Bush Administration."

Old 12-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I know it's also common to these nutjobs not to value basic educational fundamentals like reading comprehension, but it's right there on the first page of the link

"It’s been commonly called the “Obama phone” but that’s an urban legend as free cell phones were added under the Bush Administration."
That quote is from the article, not me.

I tried to make it painfully clear to not use Bush/Obama/Republican or Democrat in my wording...

That this was another wasteful GOVERNMENT handout...

You talk about childishness and then turn around with name calling yourself

Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,488 times
Quote:
I know it's also common for these nutjobs not to value basic educational fundamentals like reading comprehension, but it's right there on the first page of the link

What name calling?? "Common for these nutjobs".

Old 12-15-2011, 10:20 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,192,619 times
What do they mean by free? I mean from a vague concept ,''free cell phones'' aren't new. Does that include bill-free? I got my iphone(3G) for free through AT&T. However, I still get a bill in the mail that I have to pay.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,910 times
Ya know, I'm all for programs that give free voice mail boxes for the poor. You have to have an avenue to at least try to secure a job.

But a cell phone? Seriously? Give me a frickin' break.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
What do they mean by free? I mean from a vague concept ,''free cell phones'' aren't new. Does that include bill-free? I got my iphone(3G) for free through AT&T. However, I still get a bill in the mail that I have to pay.
free/frē/

Adverb: Without cost or payment

Free Government Cell Phones – Free Cell Phone + 250 min/mon

Old 12-15-2011, 10:36 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

Well at least one person understands it.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:07 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
It means bill-free too. I'm eligible for a free phone because I'm blind, which means that I wouldn't have to even pay the bill. As long as you don't go over a certain cost (forgot the exact number, I think it was $70) you don't have to pay. If you do, you pay the spillover. I should addd that it's the bare minimum--voice calls only, no texting or anything else.

That said, they'd had it for years and it's hardly anything new. Blind services will tell you all about it if you ever need them. Lol.

I don't know if poor people are eligible for the same kind of phone or if it's different for people who are just poor and not blind.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:14 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,146 times
This is just ridiculous. I mean I get the land-line service, but a free cell phone is over the top. What's next? Free computer so they can join the rest of us on Facebook? Oh wait, I know, free ipads. No one should have to live without Angry Birds.

Y'know, I was a left leaning independent. After the last few years I'm leaning the other way. Four more years of this and I might jump the fence completely.

I swear. Liberals come from the womb. Conservatives come from experience. That should be on a bumper sticker cause it's friggen true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies