Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,838,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo2lowkey View Post
What's the problem conservatives?
He's Obama's job czar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 04:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 85,002,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
He's Obama's job czar.
Well he's creating jobs isn't he ?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well he's creating jobs isn't he ?
Not sure. It's more like he's moving existing jobs rather than creating new jobs.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Now since its Obama guy now its a problem.
If Bush hired Rupert Murdoch as his job czar you'd be absolutely okay with that, right?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,468,218 times
Quote:
In his 2010 financial disclosure forms, for instance, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor listed a small investment in a fund that bets against U.S. Treasury securities and would benefit if the U.S. government defaulted or something else happened that devalued Treasuries. That became controversial, since Cantor is one of the key Republicans involved in the debt negotiations and a conservative stalwart who insists there should be no new taxes as part of a deal. Cantor's office says the fund is in his wife's and his mother-in-law's name and amounts to less than $4,000, while the vast majority of Cantor's retirement savings are invested in conventional securities that would lose value if there were a true U.S. debt crisis. But Cantor's portfolio is probably similar to those of other affluent Americans, with traditional investments offset by a hedging strategy meant to minimize losses if something profoundly bad happens.
How Elites Could Profit From a U.S. Debt Crisis - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 PM

354 posts, read 2,083,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
He's Obama's job czar.
I know a big juicy slap in the face for Obama to think that G.E. will put job loyalty to the American people over profit. I cant began to understand why any elected politician will continue to support these breaks when inturn its bring in less revenue into our treasury.

Can someone who support these tax breaks, subsidies, etc.. for the big guys that continue to send jobs overseas, pays no corporate tax revenue into our treasury and get a big rebate from our government while banking in the Caymens. Please explain to me how those policies are good for our economy. Make me understand your point of view because I dont get it.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:20 PM

45,543 posts, read 26,851,271 times
It's all good so long as they kick some $$$ back to Obama for his re-election or whatever.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM

12,867 posts, read 15,006,547 times
Quote:
I know a big juicy slap in the face for Obama to think that G.E. will put job loyalty to the American people over profit. I cant began to understand why any elected politician will continue to support these breaks when inturn its bring in less revenue into our treasury.

Can someone who support these tax breaks, subsidies, etc.. for the big guys that continue to send jobs overseas, pays no corporate tax revenue into our treasury and get a big rebate from our government while banking in the Caymens. Please explain to me how those policies are good for our economy. Make me understand your point of view because I dont get it.
GE wouldn't be functioning today if they weren't bailed out, and this is the thanks we get! it's nothing new, though. remember this headline?:
General Electric pays off regulators with bailout money

mannfm on city data put it very nicely:

I have a pamphlet by Walker F. Todd, who was the chief counsel of the Cleveland Federal Reserve. GE was lobbying the government at that time for some fascist style aid programs for tech companies. I acquired that book in 1997 and since then have viewed GE with amused skepticism in regard to their concern for the typical American.

Hopefully Ron Paul does win the next election and matches his words with action. GE is in business for one reason, the government bailed them out. GE is a bank, not an industrial concern. Being they are a bank, they act like a bank. They are also fascist, which fits right in with what is going on in China.

Labor isn't that cheap in the big China cities, so this isn't merely a cost measure. Question is, what do the multinational banks have in store for the USA? There is and has been a conspiracy in the US for the past 100 or more years and the ****ing they have planned for so long is coming. There is no valid reason to move to a country that has a history of revolution, it run by a totalitarian government that recognizes few property rights and so on from a country that has a history of the opposite unless they can see something coming that they aren't telling us about.

Back in Nixon's day, he sent Kissinger to China. Kissinger worked for Rockefeller, who ran the cartel in the US and tied the world together through the Trilateral Commission. I didn't understand who they were until the past 10 years or so transpired. They don't merely have money, they control the political apparatus. Gates has money. Rockefeller has his people in control. Geithner is a Kissinger protege. GE was put together by JP Morgan. Who now has JP Morgan, but the Rockefeller Chase Manhattan Bank.

We all wonder why they are running the US off the end of the pier? Why do the bankers that so clearly have committed criminal fraud and operated these institutions as if they were second graders playing pot limit poker, stay in office and out of prison? Why has Bernanke put twice as much Federal credit into the system than it needs? Why is the government running huge deficits and the rates on the bonds below the risk free zero inflation rate? It is all because it has been ordained from above. Why would GE move to China? It goes beyond cheap engineers. (end)

my dad worked all his adult life for RCA, then GE, never missed one day of work, (back when there used to be JOB SECURITY) and he would turn over in his grave if he knew what GE has become.

probably just as disney would turn over in his grave if he saw what they were doing to his vision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies