Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:34 AM

8,065 posts, read 12,439,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Then, on top of all the rest of this bs, we are told that her behavior is typical of a victim of sexual abuse? pleeeez! Maybe typical of your average narcissistic sociopath. The only victim here is Caylee.

Profile of the Sociopath
Absolutely right! I'm really tired of these criminals being labeled as the victims, and coddled by all the bleeding hearts because of what supposedly happened in their childhood. As you correctly stated: the only real victim is the little girl who was brutally murdred.

I also believe that the verdict had something to do with the fact that Casey Anthony is a woman. If Casey was male, the chances are highly likely that he would have found guilty and possibly even been sentenced to death for such a heinous crime. Female criminals are almost always given leniency because of their gender. A good example of this was Susan Smith who murdered her children back in the 1990s. She was found guilty, but not sentenced to death as initially expected. If Susan was a man, he would be on death row.

Last edited by Valley Native; 07-09-2011 at 01:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 01:43 AM

288 posts, read 169,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What would the findings have to indicate? That's a siily question.
There is help for mental illness which she clealry displayed right from the jump and yes, a judge has the power to order a mental evaluation. Maybe if her parents were not such idiots they would have addressed her dysfunctional behavior years ago and their granddaughter might not have been killed or drowned.

On second thought maybe CA is just a dumb moron that will continue to lie her way through life and hopefully it will not infringe upon taxpayers when she does the next sociopathic, selfish deed.
She was, in fact, examined by a psychiatrist and I think a psychologist, and I think one other person, to determine whether she had a mental illness or not. This was done close to the end of the trial. They found her to have no mental illness. And these people were not hired by the defense. They examined her on behalf of the Court/government. Yes, the Court did order a mental health evaluation and it took place over a weekend during the trial. No mental illness, according to the people who evaluated her.

However, no, a Judge does not have the power to order a mental evaluation on someone who has not committed a crime, or who has not been found to have committed a crime, or has not attempted to harm himself/herself. Can't just go to your house and pick you up and order a mental health evaluation without a probable cause hearing.

And there you go again, calling her a sociopath when she has NOT be diagnosed as a sociopath. Even the doctor who did the mental health evaluation during the trial does not call her a sociopath.

Seems that you may be too blinded by emotion to find any objectivity about this situation. I'm finding it hard to beleive that you would be taken in by the Nancy Grace hype out there. But then the legal system is more complicated than most think.....that's why we have lawyers.

Again, our courts are not about "MORAL JUSTICE." They are about Laws and Rules. "Moral Justice" is the purview of the church/religion.

No, it's not a silly question regarding what the findings would have to be. That's a very serious question. Would the standard be the standard to determine whether one is able to assist counsel with their defense? The guy who shot the Senator in Arizona and killed all those other people is not going to trial at the present time because the govt doctors found that he is not "sane" ....competent to assist his attorneys in his defense.

So what would be the findings which you would think would justify putting a citizen in a mental healthy facility who had not committed any crime? That will be an interesting answer, considering we don't have mental health facilities for indigent inpatients now........that's why they're mostly living on the streets or in jail for minor offenses.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Absolutely right! I'm really tired of these criminals being labeled as the victims, and coddled by all the bleeding hearts because of what supposedly happened in their childhood. As you correctly stated: the only real victim is the little girl who was brutally murdred.

I also believe that the verdict had something to do with the fact that Casey Anthony is a woman. If Casey was male, the chances are highly likely that he would have found guilty and possibly even been sentenced to death for such a heinous crime. Female criminals are almost always given leniency because of their gender. A good example of this was Susan Smith who murdered her children back in the 1990s. She was found guilty, but not sentenced to death as initially expected. If Susan was a man, he would be on death row.
Why don't you people EVER listen to anyone more educated than yourselves on these types of issues? Why do you think people go on to years of higher education in these fields? Why don't you guys understand that these people have studied all the new science available regarding these issues? Why in the world does anyone think that good old uneducated "common sense" can answer these serious questions about human behavior? Why don't you understand that years, and years, and years of studies about women who were sexually abused and how they behaved over their life spans have been conducted so we can learn more about the IMPACT of such experiences?? Geeezzzz.

And why do you all insist there can ONLY BE ONE VICTIM. Why are people so uninformed and so deadset against higher education?

As for female "criminals" almost alwasy given leniency, tell that to Wornous and the other women who have been executed in Florida. Tell that to Cardona. When the evidence is there, they get convicted just like everybody else.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Shouldn't they now charge her with improper disposal of a body and interfering with a police investigation? She admitted she was present for the death.

She must have watched Primal Fear to study up on trickery.
Why won't her defense say why they tried to have her declared incompetent?
No, no, no, no, no......they cannot retry her for the same incident!!! The jury already found her not guilty of killing her daughter. Why do you think they could charge her now for disposing of that body? That was part of the state's case. It's over. It's done. There are no do-overs here.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:57 AM

573 posts, read 977,049 times
It is pointless to argue this point as there will always be some people who feel that Casey Anthony should be executed.

When it comes to capital murder cases, feelings should be left out. Otherwise, we are all just a bunch of terrorists who can't get their heads out of the middle ages.

But, you know, that will never happen as long as the news media continues to inflame emotions.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Who are you to spend all this time demanding that we agree with the verdict. You are obviously pro-defense, anti-prosecution. Fine, we get that, but that doesn't mean other opinons are not just as, if not more, rational than yours. You appear to have a personal issue with this trial. I would go so far as to say you are letting your emotions get the best of you.
The defense spun a typical blame the victim story. Caylee did it to herself, by disobeying them, sneaking out when no one was looking, climbing the ladder, and drowning herself. They are so distraught, that they bundle her up, and dump her in the swamp. REALLY???? why the duct tape over the face (yes it was, until the face disintegrated). why the smell in the car, why dump the car, why break in to your parents storage, why borrow a shovel, why pretend nothing happened and tell your parents one story after another, why not tell the cops when you are arrested, why not tell Padilla, when he posts your bond, why make up Zanny the nanny, why why why........because she killed her child. That is the only thing that makes sense.
I get very annoyed with ignorance. Obviously there's a lot of ignorance out there about how the court system, does in fact work, and WHY IT WORKS THAT WAY.

You see, I know better than the "typical defense blame the victim story".....

I disagree with your interpretation of the evidence. I heard something different. I also keep hearing that just because of the majority of people out there believe that she's guilty that somehow that makes the jury stupid and incompetent. It's annoying. I think the jury was very impressive and brave to be objective, follow the law, and not return a verdict based strictly on emotion.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:13 AM

8,065 posts, read 12,439,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Why don't you people EVER listen to anyone more educated than yourselves on these types of issues? Why do you think people go on to years of higher education in these fields? Why don't you guys understand that these people have studied all the new science available regarding these issues? Why in the world does anyone think that good old uneducated "common sense" can answer these serious questions about human behavior? Why don't you understand that years, and years, and years of studies about women who were sexually abused and how they behaved over their life spans have been conducted so we can learn more about the IMPACT of such experiences?? Geeezzzz.
So what SUPPOSEDLY happened in Casey's youth is an excuse for her to behave like a miscreant and commit murder??? Sorry, but I don't care how many "studies" have been done on this. Killing an innocent little girl (who had nothing to do with the alleged abuse her mother contended with) is not justified. Sexual abuse victims have a responsibility to see that their abusers are arrested and put away. Did Casey ever notify the authorities when she was being abused?

Quote:
As for female "criminals" almost alwasy given leniency, tell that to Wornous and the other women who have been executed in Florida. Tell that to Cardona. When the evidence is there, they get convicted just like everybody else.
Aileen Wuornos was one of the few exceptions. Men are often viewed as more likely to commit heinous crimes, and women are often viewed as the more gentle, weaker gender. It's a stereotype that I never agreed with, but it plays a role in many verdicts. If it were up to me, anybody who commits a murder would be found guilty & executed ... regardless if the accused is a man, woman, or child!

Old 07-09-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
So what SUPPOSEDLY happened in Casey's youth is an excuse for her to behave like a miscreant and commit murder??? Sorry, but I don't care how many "studies" have been done on this. Killing an innocent little girl (who had nothing to do with the alleged abuse her mother contended with) is not justified. Sexual abuse victims have a responsibility to see that their abusers are arrested and put away. Did Casey ever notify the authorities when she was being abused?

Aileen Wuornos was one of the few exceptions. Men are often viewed as more likely to commit heinous crimes, and women are often viewed as the more gentle, weaker gender. It's a stereotype that I never agreed with, but it plays a role in many verdicts. If it were up to me, anybody who commits a murder would be found guilty & executed ... regardless if the accused is a man, woman, or child!
women on Florida's death row:

Women on Death Row - Florida Department of Corrections

Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 AM

12,867 posts, read 15,014,686 times
Quote:
Justice was served. Someone was charged with her murder, there was a six-week trial by a jury, the jury deliberated and came to a verdict, and THAT IS JUSTICE. They found her not guilty of the CRIMES CHARGED.

Just because I stated the facts does not mean that I would advocate NOT pursuing people for murder. Nothing could be further from the truth. See, you guys are thinking from a completely emotional standpoint. You're saying there was no justice, yet justice was served within our system of justice.

Your post alone proves that justice, within the only system we have, was served....you said "it might have been at the hands of her mother"........"it might have been"

I think the public should say, "I am outraged"........not pull on heartstrings by claiming that the little girl did not get justice. I've never understood why people want "justice" for the dead person. Clearly that person has moved on and whatever is on the other side, I certainly hope it has nothing to do with wanting revenge back in this world!!! My sister was killed, and someone was charged with vehicular homicide. Thank God the jury found him not guilty! Accidents happen. People die every day.

this is another wow, just wow post!. (a wow post about your sister too.)

why do we want justice? the dead people are gone! why don't we just move on? why bother with a judicial system at all? accidents happen every day. anything could be an accident if you think about it!...

save taxpayer money and abolish the entire system. every man for himself, and women and children too.

after all, with no need for revenge as a society we should just let everybody go.

why not?

at least i know where the casey supporters are coming from.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,572,812 times
Quote:
I never said she is "innocent." I simply don't know. The trial did not provide anything that would have caused me to feel sure that she is guilty of the things she was charged with.

You should try to find the testimony of the grief therapist which the defense put on, and maybe you'll at least see that some people in the field of psychology, experts, a Ph.D with 40 years experience, have an explanation for her behavior. The flaw here is that people are expecting Casey Anthony to react in the same way they think they would have reacted, even though it was clearly established that Casey Anthony was brought up in an enormously dysfunctional family which lies about everything and a family who was very critical of her her entire life. There is no proof whatsoever that she was not sexually abused, and she says she was. She behaves like most women who were sexually abused when they were children. You admitted that you did not follow this trial as it took place so you're not that familiar with all the evidence which was put on, so I'm surprised that you are taking such a strong, emotional position on this.

[snip].
No, I don't expect Casey to act as I'd act. I merely don't expect her to act as someone who doesn't want her child to be found and is happy the child's gone. Casey's behavior can be explained by 'magical thinking" ? Some people will buy anything an 'expert' sells.

How the heck can anyone Prove Casey was Not abused ? Proving a negative is a tough burden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies