Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:11 PM

12,867 posts, read 15,014,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Guilty? Guilty of what? It seems mostly likely that the child's death was an accident, thus of what was she guilty? She was found not guilty of first degree murder, aggravated manslaughter of a child, and aggravated child abuse. That was done very quickly as there was no proof that there was even foul play.

The reason why this went to trial is due to the media coverage while the child was missing. Otherwise, this never would have been prosecuted.

You guys can get as emotional as you want, but the jurors and alternates all agreed. That's 14 people. Not one of them disagreed.
she was found not guilty of everything, but the lying. there were other charges to consider.

as the medical examiner said, there has never been a case where an accident is covered up to look like a murder. it's human nature to try and get help for your own child. people who have accidents are in some denial and still try and get help, even if it is too late.

as i said before, it is easy to outsmart people less intelligent than yourself. look at the OJ case, robert blake, or any other case where justice was denied. it happens in courtrooms all the time-i just object to this time because i was following the case as it was covered 24/7 down here.

do you honestly think that not reporting your child missing (or dead) shouldn't be prosecuted when the child is under 3 years of age? how is that not criminal negligence at the very least?

should all mothers who are tired of taking care of their children follow the casey route?-have the child disappear, ignore it, party on, get a tattoo about your new beautiful life, lie to everyone, lie to the police when questioned, blame it on zanny the nanny, get a lawyer, blame it on your dad who was molesting you, blame it on a drowning in the pool, and look for the least perceptive jury you can find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 03:21 PM

11,184 posts, read 6,572,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
There was no official cause of death. The jury couldn't convict on the evidence given.
There are many convictions without a known cause of death or even a body. Laci Peterson's cause of death never determined, nor was Danielle Van Dam's.

Decomposition tends to mask cause of death

Old 07-08-2011, 03:23 PM

296 posts, read 546,529 times
I believe in my gut and my gut tells me she's guilty.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,292,129 times
If the child did in fact drown...was CPR administered? Isn't the first impulse of the parent to call 911 if they do not know CPR techniques? How would a parent know how long the child was in the water if they were not present at the pool the entire time?

If nothing else...

Barriers such as pool fencing should be used to help prevent young children from gaining access to the pool area without caregivers’ awareness. There is an 83% reduction in the risk of childhood drowning with a four-sided isolation pool fence, compared to three-sided property-line fencing.

She and her moronic family teach a toddler to climb a pool ladder without a fence in place.

Giving CA the benefit of the doubt and accepting the accidental drowning scenario, she is still guilty of neglect and obstructing justice.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:36 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,147,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Do you think Caylee cares at this point? She's dead. I think many people are using this little girl's name to justify their anger.
Unbelievable.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 PM

288 posts, read 169,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
she was found not guilty of everything, but the lying. there were other charges to consider.

as the medical examiner said, there has never been a case where an accident is covered up to look like a murder. it's human nature to try and get help for your own child. people who have accidents are in some denial and still try and get help, even if it is too late.

as i said before, it is easy to outsmart people less intelligent than yourself. look at the OJ case, robert blake, or any other case where justice was denied. it happens in courtrooms all the time-i just object to this time because i was following the case as it was covered 24/7 down here.

do you honestly think that not reporting your child missing (or dead) shouldn't be prosecuted when the child is under 3 years of age? how is that not criminal negligence at the very least?

should all mothers who are tired of taking care of their children follow the casey route?-have the child disappear, ignore it, party on, get a tattoo about your new beautiful life, lie to everyone, lie to the police when questioned, blame it on zanny the nanny, get a lawyer, blame it on your dad who was molesting you, blame it on a drowning in the pool, and look for the least perceptive jury you can find.
Your last paragraph is far too simplistic an analysis of the case.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If the child did in fact drown...was CPR administered? Isn't the first impulse of the parent to call 911 if they do not know CPR techniques? How would a parent know how long the child was in the water if they were not present at the pool the entire time?

If nothing else...

Barriers such as pool fencing should be used to help prevent young children from gaining access to the pool area without caregivers’ awareness. There is an 83% reduction in the risk of childhood drowning with a four-sided isolation pool fence, compared to three-sided property-line fencing.

She and her moronic family teach a toddler to climb a pool ladder without a fence in place.

Giving CA the benefit of the doubt and accepting the accidental drowning scenario, she is still guilty of neglect and obstructing justice.
You're a very intelligent person. Step back a bit and take a look at the evidence, then look at the jury charge, and I think you'll see that the jury did what they are supposed to do. You have to get past thinking with emotions. Casey Anthony was not charged with obstruction of justice, therefore, the jury could not find her guilty of that crime. As far as "neglect," is there a specific law against specifically "neglect"? If so, that wasn't a charge filed against her.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,173,310 times
I really hope there isnt anyone that actually believes in some drowning story.

They would expect us to believe that her daughter drowns. So instead of instinct kicking in and calling 911, you "panic" or are "intimidated" by your father as the defense said and decide that you cant tell anyone. Youll just say she was kidnapped. So you end up burying her with duct tape on her nose and mouth.

When did we first hear of this "drowning story" anyways? Trial?

So people are looking for your daughter for weeks. The police start to question you as they find out youre lying over and over again. And not once, from the time of questioning to being charged do you think its a good time to "tell the truth", what you say is "truth" anyways, and explain that she drowned and you freaked out???!!! It never dawns on you when the body is found and youre charged with capital murder to tell people what your defense ended up saying happened? Not at anytime before trial??!!

Sorry, that is a load of bull and anyone who doesnt see that is insane. Im not saying the prosecution didnt prove their case with enough evidence but there cant be anyone sane that believes in a drowning story.

There are only two ways Caylee died (one way if you have common sense). She either drowned or her mother killed her. EVERYTHING points to her being killed. If she indeed drowned, that story wouldve came out a long, long time ago. Before trial. Before the body was found. I am sick of hearing people talk about this now saying "I sure hope we find out what really happened" We already know what happened and she is never going to confess.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,292,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
You're a very intelligent person. Step back a bit and take a look at the evidence, then look at the jury charge, and I think you'll see that the jury did what they are supposed to do. You have to get past thinking with emotions. Casey Anthony was not charged with obstruction of justice, therefore, the jury could not find her guilty of that crime. As far as "neglect," is there a specific law against specifically "neglect"? If so, that wasn't a charge filed against her.
I have not been arguing that the jury did not follow the letter of the law, I'm infuriated, as others are, that the justice system allowed a loophole in the case which allowed her to escape responisbiltiy. Whether it be the overreach of the prosecution in seeking the death penalty or the way that the evidence was presented, the end result is a miscarriage of justice which will allow her to walk away with a relative smack on the wrist in comparison to what she deserves. It sets an ugly precedent and I hope future prosecuters learn from this.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wow...just wow!

If we were to follow your line of reasoning, why bother to bring justice to any murder victim since they're dead anyway.

I cannot even begin to understand your second statement...
"people are using this little girl's name to justify their anger".

What??? The" little girl" was found dead and decomposed and it might have been at the hands of her mother who is now free as a bird. Whose name should the public be using to vent their anger...Dora The Explorer???
Justice was served. Someone was charged with her murder, there was a six-week trial by a jury, the jury deliberated and came to a verdict, and THAT IS JUSTICE. They found her not guilty of the CRIMES CHARGED.

Just because I stated the facts does not mean that I would advocate NOT pursuing people for murder. Nothing could be further from the truth. See, you guys are thinking from a completely emotional standpoint. You're saying there was no justice, yet justice was served within our system of justice.

Your post alone proves that justice, within the only system we have, was served....you said "it might have been at the hands of her mother"........"it might have been"

I think the public should say, "I am outraged"........not pull on heartstrings by claiming that the little girl did not get justice. I've never understood why people want "justice" for the dead person. Clearly that person has moved on and whatever is on the other side, I certainly hope it has nothing to do with wanting revenge back in this world!!! My sister was killed, and someone was charged with vehicular homicide. Thank God the jury found him not guilty! Accidents happen. People die every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies