Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
a baby got roasted alive 3 weeks ago.

why is casey anthony a daily headline and why didnt that kid who got roasted alive get national attention?

Tropolis, I knew there was a reason... And that baby did get national attention..the story is covered on my local channels website. Will this child get the coverage that the Anthony case did? Prolly not and that is sad too. It is haunting. I too was haunted...by the Johnny Gosch kidnapping in the 80's. I dreamed about him for years. My children were young and it just showed me precious they were. I hope you find some peace. (((BIG HUG)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Either way, if she ever becomes pregnant and gives birth again, I hope the Florida children and youth services step in and monitor her VERY CLOSELY.
they wont, she will be forgotten about.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
This is why the jury system doesn't work. You have a bunch of people that are not always smart. In fact most times these jurors are freaking lazy basttttards that just want a few bucks, and are dummer than a bag of rocks.
In fact why is it the obvious cases the people usually go free. We really do have a horrible justice system here. 12 dumb ass jurors could not see the truth in this story???

Amazing, 12 of these people and this chick is free????
They were probably all so confused as to what "beyond a reasonable doubt is" that they got bogged down and just rendered a stupid verdict. Better to err on the side of caution than use their brains, if any of them had them to start with.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown-man View Post
I don't know why many people are mad at the verdict of Casey Anthony's case, who was a suspected murderer of only one child. Meanwhile, there are many US soldiers overseas who have murdered tens of children with cold blood are not facing a trail ! In fact they are treated as hero !!!

Don't you just love liberals? They just hate America and US servicemen in particular. Wasn't it jus the other day (on the 4th) that liberals were saying they did not hate America and US servicemen? I guess it was a one day occurance and then back to buisness as usual.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,946,741 times
i have no doubt that the people with bloodlust in this thread are the exact same kind of people that were serving on the jury. i'm not sure where that leaves us, but hey.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I didn't see one thing on TV regarding this case, nor did I follow it. I didn't have to. I think the link I posted regarding Marcia Clark's opinion sums it up.

All that was/is required here is a bit of common sense, which I guess most CDers are lacking in. If it were their child, anyone in this thread who is rambling on about lack of evidence would be singing a different tune.
A jury of her peers made their decision. You may not like it but that is the way justice works here in the US.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,552,613 times
AeroGuyDC is the zealot of the town mob who would string you up because he "knows you did it" and then not care if other evidence comes forward that proves you innocent.

Vigilante action? Really?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
"Everyone knows" is not law. "Everyone knows" does not override the presumption of innocence. And that, IMHO, is a damn good thing.
And the jury of her peers made the decision.
There's a lot of blood thirsty posters on this thread and they don't seem to need any trial or jury to make up THEIR MINDS.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
i have no doubt that the people with bloodlust in this thread are the exact same kind of people that were serving on the jury. i'm not sure where that leaves us, but hey.
To the best of my knowledge no one in this thread has dumped their baby girl in a swamp and proceeded to party on!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A jury of her peers made their decision. You may not like it but that is the way justice works here in the US.
Her peers? That's an insult to the jurors, as sociopaths are not that common in the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies