Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,060,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Wow, that's disgusting. Another symptom of the Nancy Grace culture of "justice," or as I see it: a complete and utter circus, a mockery of anything resembling "justice", and a complete and total bloodlust.
It sure gives the saying "an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" - merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 AM

14,247 posts, read 18,024,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Actually, the article gives a pretty good explanation of why the jurors arrived at the verdict they did.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 AM

7,979 posts, read 7,408,506 times
Either way, if she ever becomes pregnant and gives birth again, I hope the Florida children and youth services step in and monitor her VERY CLOSELY.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:50 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,559,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Change the laws?

I'm sorry, but I'd rather keep the law around that requires lawyers to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in the eyes of the law before condemning someone to death.

The law is perfectly fine, we just need to have competent detective work that actually links people to the crime. Not what happened in this trial.
We need jurors who don't expect DNA, blood, fingerprints, incontrovertible forensic evidence in every case. Jurors who don't look for a 'possible' innocent explanation for every individual piece of evidence, but instead view the totality of evidence. Too much watching CSI, not enough common sense.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,246,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
They are just as much to blame at this point. I believe they know she is guilty and they should have said as much on the stand. They, the whole family, have been nothing but liars for the past two years.

Her dad knows the pool story is bs too. This was no accident like the defense suggested, and even if it was, there shouldve been other chargers for that. If she says her child drowned and she decided to take her body to the frickin swamp and say nothing about it then that is a crime in itself.
Their released statement clearly revealed that the "drowning" story is just a fairy tale....

“While the family may never know what has happened to Caylee Marie Anthony, they now have closure for this chapter of their life. They will now begin the long process of rebuilding their lives.â€

Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,926,703 times
The media convicted her long before the jury did any deliberating. Sad to see so many influenced by "the Machine".

The jury, not the media, makes legal decisions. Maybe some of you need to turn off that TV and start thinking for yourselves.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:59 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,208,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Most everyone is totally SHOCKED and deeply DISAPPOINTED in the verdict.

The charge against Casey Anthony may have been set too high. Maybe the police botched some things. Maybe the coroner/forensic pathologist botched some things. Maybe the state botched some things in trial. Maybe the defense botched some things in trial. But, in the end I believe the jury did not understand their responsibility with respect to their verdict when it came down to the word 'reasonable' in the phrase 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. This jury obviously wanted absolute and positive proof beyond any shadow of a doubt. That is not the level or standard which is necessary to convict under the law of our land. Any person that is reasonable or beyond reasonable believes Casey IS the person responsible for the death of little baby Caylee.
Put away your emotions and use your brain like an adult. She wasn't tried for just murder. She was tried for everything down to child abuse. The state can't even prove that it was a homicide and it seems mostly likely that it was an accident and they freaked out and didn't report it to police.

Any person who believes that Casey IS the person responsible is an emotionally driven moron. There's 0 proof that this is even a homicide and the evidence seems to indicate that it was an accident.

Put away your emotions and stop acting like a 12 year old. The people who are shocked at this probably spending a lot of time watching the bloodsuckers like Nancy Grace who make a lot of money off of the death of this little girl.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,048,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The media convicted her long before the jury did any deliberating. Sad to see so many influenced by "the Machine".

The jury, not the media, makes legal decisions. Maybe some of you need to turn off that TV and start thinking for yourselves.
I didn't see one thing on TV regarding this case, nor did I follow it. I didn't have to. I think the link I posted regarding Marcia Clark's opinion sums it up.

All that was/is required here is a bit of common sense, which I guess most CDers are lacking in. If it were their child, anyone in this thread who is rambling on about lack of evidence would be singing a different tune.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 AM

18,575 posts, read 31,897,640 times
This is why the jury system doesn't work. You have a bunch of people that are not always smart. In fact most times these jurors are freaking lazy basttttards that just want a few bucks, and are dummer than a bag of rocks.
In fact why is it the obvious cases the people usually go free. We really do have a horrible justice system here. 12 dumb ass jurors could not see the truth in this story???

Amazing, 12 of these people and this chick is free????

Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,246,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies