Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:13 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,617,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
she'll go looking for the real killer in nightclubs.
fify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 AM

38,034 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown-man View Post
I don't know why many people are mad at the verdict of Casey Anthony's case, who was a suspected murderer of only one child. Meanwhile, there are many US soldiers overseas who have murdered tens of children with cold blood are not facing a trail ! In fact they are treated as hero !!!
...and you know this how? Oh yeah, you have a stereotype of our military members as heartless, steel-eyed murderers.

Dude, you watch too many Hollywood movies, written by anti-military liberals, with their own twisted stereotypes.

The reality of life, is that it's civilian mothers who drown, stab, abuse, smother, and starve their children, it's cold bloodied, civilian gang bangers who spray bullets in our streets and pop a few "mushrooms" along the way, it's civilians who stalked our cities and highways, shooting random civilians while they are pumping gas or simply driving to work, it's civilians who walk into schools, restaurants or work places and start shooting people in cold blood, and it's civilian politicians who send our military off to war and direct drone attacks from air conditioned offices, to blow up people in foreign lands.

There are bad people in the world, and if anything, our military represents the best of us all. The military members and their families have higher morals and ethics, and commit significantly fewer crimes, statistically, then their civilian counterparts.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,987,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Yes, as had been said over and over in this thread.

At a minimum, she should be committed to a mental institution for evaluation to assess her psychopathology (or should I say sociopathy) and taken from there.

I hope she meets the same fate as her daughter - or worse.
Wow, that's disgusting. Another symptom of the Nancy Grace culture of "justice," or as I see it: a complete and utter circus, a mockery of anything resembling "justice", and a complete and total bloodlust.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Most everyone is totally SHOCKED and deeply DISAPPOINTED in the verdict.

The charge against Casey Anthony may have been set too high. Maybe the police botched some things. Maybe the coroner/forensic pathologist botched some things. Maybe the state botched some things in trial. Maybe the defense botched some things in trial. But, in the end I believe the jury did not understand their responsibility with respect to their verdict when it came down to the word 'reasonable' in the phrase 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. This jury obviously wanted absolute and positive proof beyond any shadow of a doubt. That is not the level or standard which is necessary to convict under the law of our land. Any person that is reasonable or beyond reasonable believes Casey IS the person responsible for the death of little baby Caylee.
PROVE it. I mean the vast legal resources of the state of Florida apparently couldn't, perhaps you can. Your statement is an absurd one, because 12 reasonable people just found her not guilty, because they had a REASONABLE doubt that she didn't do it.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
In reference to her just dumping the body in a swamp, does anyone know how that little detail made it through the jury and why isn't there some sort of charge for this? Who dumps their child in a swamp even if it was an accidental drowning?

My dog drowned in my pooled and I absolutely lost it. I ran frantically from neighbor's door to door for help. I called my friend who came over and buried her. I felt so horrible for her being "alone" that I had her exhumed and then had her brought to a crematorium where I could say my final goodbyes in a nice little room. I was so grief-stricken that I actually walked to the back and watched them put her little body in the incinerator. Heck, I am crying as I type this. That was back in 2005 and I am STILL not over it. I won't even swim in that pool.

Contrast my reaction to hers. She dumps her kid in a swamp and goes out and parties and gets a tattoo saying beautiful life. Guilty as sin and I don't care if the evidence was there or not. She ought to be in jail for being a psychopath - pure and simple.
Wow, I hope you NEVER EVER happen to find yourself on a jury. I fear for the fate of the defendant if you make decisions based on not caring about evidence.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,121,470 times
I don't know. I think she did it, but I have also not seen ALL the evidence (since I was not in the courtroom and did not follow the entire trial on TV) and I obviously watched the media coverage where they interjected so much speculation that it's hard to keep things straight. I thought when they came back with the verdict so fast, it had to be a guilty verdict, but I was wrong. To me, there wasn't any doubt in my mind that she did do it, and Baez was just throwing out any possible angle to try to create doubt but for me, it was just a bunch of excuses...they didn't even fully flesh out their drowning story, so that right there is a big red flag.

The jury did what was right based on the law, and I cannot argue with that since I was not there, and since they did come back so fast, I can only imagine that the prosecution did not do as good a job as I thought they did, just based on watching clips on TV. So yes, I do have faith in the system. But then again, not every trial turns out this way, guilty people still get set free and innocent people still end up in jail sometimes.

As an aside, I think it speaks volumes that the parents walked out after the verdict was read. And I don't think it's b/c they are nervous that George will now be fingered as a suspect in the death. They truly think their daughter is guilty of killing their granddaughter, and I imagine it takes a lot for a parent to come to that conclusion.

ETA: I don't think she ever would have gotten the death penalty even if they did find her guilty of murder 1.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:22 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,552,810 times
This thread makes it very, very clear how many CD'ers have no clue how the law or how a real (not TV) courtroom works.

Casey wasn't being tried for....
  • being a bad person
  • dancing while her daughter was "missing"
  • waiting a month to report her daughter "missing"
  • searching for the term "chloroform" on her computer

All those things are hugely suspicious, but Casey Anthony was being tried for MURDER. Those things don't prove she killed her daughter, they only show that she did some really, really fishy things and add to teh pile of circumstantial evidence in the case against her.

It is extremely hard to convict on circumstantial evidence alone... though it does happen occasionally.

The Defense didn't have to "prove" any of the theories they put forth (accidental drowning, etc) because the Prosecution never proved their charges well enough for the Defense to have to make a case against them to the jury.

The burden of proof in this country rests on the Prosecution, not the defense, and if you are ever on trial you will be glad that is the way it is,

I'm not defending her, fact is I'm pretty sure she's guilty, but the Law holds itself to a higher degree then my "feelings." As it should be.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:26 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,349,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
The drowning story doesn't explain the duct tape or the Internet searches.

I know that's why she's guilty. That is her story...that is the reasonable doubt.

Let's look at the facts.

Fact: The child was missing for a month before Casey reported the child missing.

Fact: Casey made up multiple stories to explain the absence of the child.

Fact: Casey never mentioned to friends/collegues that the child was missing.

Fact: The child was found duct-taped.

Fact: The child was found dead and it was 6 months before the body was discovered.

Prosecution: Child was murdered by Casey so she could be free of childcare responsibility and live the carefree, party lifestyle she yearned after.

Defense: Child accidentally drowned in family pool and Casey, being distraught and afraid of parents, hides the death for a month before finally caving and reporting child missing.

I keep seeing comments pop up on here and other news sites saying "I hope the real killer is brought to justice."

Well, there is no other murderer and there will be no search for another murderer. Anyone with a reasonable amount of deductive reasoning/critical thinking skills can come to this conclusion.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:29 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,009,798 times
Default Marcia Clark: Casey Anthony verdict, worse than O.J.!

Quote:
Those lies were—most people agreed (myself included)—the proverbial noose around her neck. What mother sees that her child has drowned in the pool and not only fails to call 911, but then duct tapes her mouth and nose, hides the body in the trunk for days, and then dumps it in the woods? And then goes out to party and lies for a whopping 31 days about where the baby is? Who but a killer mother does that?

Marcia Clark: Casey Anthony verdict, worse than O.J.! - Yahoo! News

I agree with her.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,463,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"media assassination" regardless of what the jury trial decided.
Yes, the media assassination - google "Casey Anthony party photos" and see how easy Casey made it for the media to 'assassinate' her, while she was photographed repeatedly post-child-death-and-corpse-concealment, slutting it up like the white trash ho-bag she is.

The media is guilty of showing the world who Casey Anthony is. The pictures speak 1000 words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies