Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:17 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,010,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Your self-righteousness is showing. Why must you be so offensive and smug about your lack of belief in anything outside of yourself? I think to strive to a status beyond that of human nature, is honorable and worthy of respect. If you want respect, show it toward others. What goes around, comes around. kapeesh?
I don't know. Why must you be so smug about your unwavering belief in some man in the sky that you try to force your delusions on others? Sounds pretty self-righteous to me...

I have no problem with you or anyone striving "to a status beyond that of human nature" and can even buy that doing so may be "honorable and worthy of respect."

As you said, "if you want respect, show it toward others. What goes around, comes around." I suppose your religion is slowly reaping the disrespect it has shown toward those who don't buy into it over the course of centuries. Starting to feel persecuted, ostracized, criticized? Welcome to karma - it's currently biting you in the arse. "kapeesh?"

So what's next? Am I going to hell? Please, do tell.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 PM

47,035 posts, read 26,122,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
To those who values the christian tradiction it always was and will
be a Christian Institution , but to all of those who don't value the
Christian Tradictions it never was nor never will be a Religious
Institution.....Marriage.
That's awesome. All we ask is that those who value what you insist on describing as "the Christian tradiction" stop insisting that their rules and definitions should apply to everybody.

Besides, there are other religions, you know.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,590,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I don't know. Why must you be so smug about your unwavering belief in some man in the sky that you try to force your delusions on others? Sounds pretty self-righteous to me...

I have no problem with you or anyone striving "to a status beyond that of human nature" and can even buy that doing so may be "honorable and worthy of respect."

As you said, "if you want respect, show it toward others. What goes around, comes around." I suppose your religion is slowly reaping the disrespect it has shown toward those who don't buy into it over the course of centuries. Starting to feel persecuted, ostracized, criticized? Welcome to karma - it's currently biting you in the arse. "kapeesh?"

So what's next? Am I going to hell? Please, do tell.
It is part of their religious teaching to spread the gospel, and save the souls that they can - I don't take offense at all, just say no thank you. Just as we would tell people that might be hit on by a gay. No sense in beating them senseless. Apparently those that are religious represent a threat to you, thus creating so much animosity, it's resembling hatred. Why? Does it feed your ego to feel superior?
You are preaching your beliefs, doing the very same thing you claim to object to, only you go about it by being cruel and demeaning. This new fad of atheism is much more offensive than any religious person I have ever come across. If that is what atheism has to offer, it's not very appealing.
I'll stand with those that believe in something. Simple kindness and courtesy is much more attractive. You have pushed the pendulum too far, imo.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
It is part of their religious teaching to spread the gospel, and save the souls that they can - I don't take offense at all, just say no thank you. Just as we would tell people that might be hit on by a gay. No sense in beating them senseless. Apparently those that are religious represent a threat to you, thus creating so much animosity, it's resembling hatred. Why? Does it feed your ego to feel superior?
You are preaching your beliefs, doing the very same thing you claim to object to, only you go about it by being cruel and demeaning. This new fad of atheism is much more offensive than any religious person I have ever come across. If that is what atheism has to offer, it's not very appealing.
I'll stand with those that believe in something. Simple kindness and courtesy is much more attractive. You have pushed the pendulum too far, imo.
I see, so if it were part of the gay agenda to recruit others into "gaydom," you certainly wouldn't object, either. Especially not, if those gay proselytizers were constantly trying to force their lifestyle down your throat.

BTW, I whole-heartedly disagree with your assumption that I have any kind of hatred toward anybody's religious, even though I can understand how you arrived there. If you live according to your religious principles, then more power to you. All I ask is that you keep your religion to yourself and don't condemn others because they cannot share it. Unlike these people, I can assure you that you won't find me "preaching" my beliefs anywhere - although I do feel free to share them on this forum. Obviously, it's much more convenient if I just kept my mouth shut, right?

I am deeply offended by the many "Christians" who claim Christianity only in name but conveniently chose only those covenants that best meet their personal needs and/or short-comings. If you claim to be Christian, than act like one. Upholding just one or a few of Christ's teachings does not make anyone a Christian. Nor does twisting those teachings to accomplish the opposite of what they purport. It is nothing short of disgusting. It is those people I have no respect for. And I deeply resent what they have done to Christianity.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:16 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,414,038 times
Quote:
Often "those that are religious" ARE a threat to others.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Often "those that are religious" ARE a threat to others.
Literally!

Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,176,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
Marriage is a religious insitution and it should stay that way. This is a sad day for traditional marriage.
People married by a judge or justice of the peace are less married?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
No sense in beating them senseless.
Yeah, it sure sucks when you get a taste of your own medicine...

Also, the atheism "fad" has been around for a really, really long time. I got "infected" some time in the 60's.

Last edited by vamos; 06-25-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies