Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,623,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
. I have yet to be invited to ANY of these said orgies and I'm one of the hot ones! Now what?
If you're interested, I can arrange an invitation for you. Not to a gay orgy, but to a couples one...

Incidentally, your town was named after my gggg-grandfather.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:00 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,279,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Gay men are also about getting wigged out at the club & going home for wild orgies afterwards. In that state of mind the use of protection isn't even given a thought.

Guess I've seen one too many episodes of ***** As Folk huh?
I hope you're just being sarcastic with all this stuff!! I sent that message to my gay friends and they were laughing and shaking their heads. That show is completely fictional. I go out to gay clubs all the time and somehow me and my friends have all managed to avoid going to crazy drug induced sex orgies where we get it on unprotected with strangers. Normally the most popular after-bar gay event involves lots of pizza, Mexican food and falling asleep with the TV and lights still on.

People view gays as those really loud in your face ones or the people into really kinky crap, drugs. Not the other 80% of gays who are just living their lives like everyone else and wandering right by you unnoticed every day of the year.

Being gay isn't about sex, clubs and drugs. It's about friends and family, going to work, team sports, cooking dinner, watching the news, hobbies, vacations...... It's about living your life as a human. I don't live in a GAY world, I live in the real world.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,188,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
I don't see the big deal. When my sister got married she and her fiance had a very difficult time finding a preacher and a church to marry them because her fiance had just gotten a divorce. They're in Hickstown TN and the "good christian folk" don't believe a divorced person should remarry until the ex-spouse dies. They eventually found someone to do it but it took a while.

I see this as a business opportunity for some enterprising person who wants to cater to same sex couples looking to get married.

The haters are gonna hate no matter what, so let them miss out on all them big gay dollars. I'm sure someone else will be there to rake it in.
Gay Marriage Could Buoy Faltering Wedding Industry

Forbes' recent in-depth look at the impact of potential profits from legalized gay marriage on the struggling nuptial-driven industry sounds like a specialized stimulus package to me! Imagine if even half of the 781,267 same-sex couples already living together were to tie the knot. That alone would possibly boost the wedding industry by almost $10 billion! Currently the wedding market pulls in a whopping $160 billion with an average nuptial event costing over $20,000. But the industry has seen a steady 1.9 percent decline every year since 1999 and with the recent recession more couples are watching their pennies when planning the big day.
Wedding — Luxist

Old 06-25-2011, 08:02 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,443,798 times
Congratulations to NYS, which is finally living up to its progressive reputation. It's about effing time. Cuomo, take a bow!!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,623,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You also need to clarify your statement as it sounds as if you are against blacks and hispanics marrying.
He probably is. No clarification necessary.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,811,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
9-11 happened in New York. - A man regarded as a Prophet said recently he believes Floods are coming to New York.

You sure are fervently trying to shut up the TRUTH. You have an arguement......I have peace!
And one of the worst tornado outbreaks in US history just smacked all you self-righteous conservatives in the Bible belt.

And stop believing in false prophets. The Bible actually does warn you about that one. Based on your posts, though, you haven't the foggiest clue what the Bible says.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,345,245 times
Congrats New York and all of you New Yorkers!

Well done.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Gay men are also about getting wigged out at the club & going home for wild orgies afterwards. In that state of mind the use of protection isn't even given a thought.

Guess I've seen one too many episodes of ***** As Folk huh?
Apparently. Clearly we should also base heterosexuals lifestyles on Californication, Hung, or Mardi Gras parties, right?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
You are proud that NY politicians approve of your sexual orientation ? Thats not something to brag about. Its not as if the citizens that you live amongst approve it .
Why should anyone care what bigoted, poorly educated citizens who think the earth is 6000 years old say about gays?

Most citizens in this country used to think blacks were inferior human beings worthy of being slaves and nothing more. They also used to think (and some still do) that women were nothing more than property.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Its not just Bible thumpers , its society that would vote you down . You have threatened and bribed politicians . Politicians who are the worst sexual deviants in our society today . You celebrate and make fun of Christians all you want , then put gay marriage on the ballet and see what people really think.
This isn't a democracy. The people don't get to vote for the civil rights of other citizens.

How would you feel if we put making Christianity illegal on the ballot, and it passed?

Also, FYI, the majority of Americans support same-sex marriage according to recent polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies