Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM

1,123 posts, read 782,378 times

Advertisements

I thought a president is supposed to lead, if not always by example, then by words or actions...what has this fake president done with respect to syria as tens of thousands of syrians flee their nation with nothing more than the shirts on their backs, while their animal leader sends in tanks to shoot children?

What kind of pathetically weak president have we put in office?

Here is a post from vanwyck, who is far more eloquent than I on this subject:

"A more interesting question is the U.S. reaction (or lack of it) to the murders of the Syrian regime. Does Assad really care that in the four months of massacres, Obama has pronounced a couple of times that his actions are "unacceptable"? UNACCEPTABLE???? WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?
Syria exports oil. Although the amount is minuscule on the world market, it is significant to the financing of the Syrian regime. Why not sanction the European companies that are purchasing Syrian oil?
Why not withdraw the ambassador in Syria?
Why not.........
DO SOMETHING!

Obama has done NOTHING. He is a disgrace.
He utterly failed to help the democrats of Iran in 2009. He is following the same shameful policy regarding the democrats of Syria in 2011."

Last edited by sterpetron; 06-21-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM

13,874 posts, read 9,852,607 times
Bin Laden is dead.

Checkmate.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,580,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I thought a president is supposed to lead, if not always by example, then by words or actions...what has this fake president done with respect to syria as tens of thousands of syrians flee their nation with nothing more than the shirts on their backs, while their animal leader sends in tanks to shoot children?

What kind of pathetically weak president have we put in office?

Here is a post from vanwyck, who is far more eloquent than I on this subject:

"A more interesting question is the U.S. reaction (or lack of it) to the murders of the Syrian regime. Does Assad really care that in the four months of massacres, Obama has pronounced a couple of times that his actions are "unacceptable"? UNACCEPTABLE???? WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?
Syria exports oil. Although the amount is minuscule on the world market, it is significant to the financing of the Syrian regime. Why not sanction the European companies that are purchasing Syrian oil?
Why not withdraw the ambassador in Syria?
Why not.........
DO SOMETHING!

Obama has done NOTHING. He is a disgrace.
He utterly failed to help the democrats of Iran in 2009. He is following the same shameful policy regarding the democrats of Syria in 2011.

Where did I see this same whiny complaint before? Oh yeah Libya....The right was screaming that the President was a failure on foreign policy, sat idly by while Liberians were getting slaughtered, his words were ineffective yada yada whine whine whine. The minute he joined NATO in the fight, the tune has changed to more whining. I asked this very same question during that time, What the H$ll is he suppose to do? Why is it any of our business and oh yes, WE'RE BROKE.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,797,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Bin Laden is dead.

Checkmate.

Bin Laden could have died of natural causes and it still would not make a difference.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:58 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,797,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Where did I see this same whiny complaint before? Oh yeah Libya....The right was screaming that the President was a failure on foreign policy, sat idly by while Liberians were getting slaughtered, his words were ineffective yada yada whine whine whine. The minute he joined NATO in the fight, the tune has changed to more whining. I asked this very same question during that time, What the H$ll is he suppose to do? Why is it any of our business and oh yes, WE'RE BROKE.
Wrong. The "right" is screaming "WHERE IS OUR NATIONAL INTEREST?" Let them fight their own civil war.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,453,073 times
LOL @ this thread.

The right was screaming that Obama should have gotten involved in Libya.

Obama got involved in Libya, and now they are screaming he shouldn't.

Now they are screaming he should get involved in Syria.

The minute he does, they'll be screaming he shouldn't.

The right wing in this country seriously needs to just move to an island in the middle of the Pacific and put a sock in it.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:10 PM

13,874 posts, read 9,852,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Bin Laden could have died of natural causes and it still would not make a difference.
Too funny. Is that going to be the GOP response for the 2012 election?

Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,224,104 times
Oh Jesus Christ. Every time there is some humanitarian crisis or civil war in some country, these moral monsters crawl out of the woodwork, chiding everyone because U.S. leaders really need to "do something!!!!" lest the current course of events continue.

Sanction them! Bomb them! Get some goddamn troops on the ground and start killing bad guys ASAP!!! When was the last time one of these policies was an unabashed success? When did they not result in crippled nations, starving people, and the murder of thousands? Jesus Christ, Obama, do not do anything, for the love of all that is holy.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:17 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,040,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Jesus Christ, Obama, do not do anything, for the love of all that is holy.

Lurk more, post less....please.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,580,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwyck View Post
What is he supposed to do? Are you blind?
The OP quoted me. I gave some suggestions. By the way, I didn't think up those suggestions. Experts who are far more knowledgeable than I are urging Obama to take these rather simple actions. These are NOT military actions.
And these actions have nothing to do with "WE'RE BROKE". What an inane and irrelevant comment.

Nice attack, AGAIN....What is he suppose to do? Sanctions didn't work with Libya, Iran or Iraq. The screams were loud on Libya that we needed to get involved, the question then was Where were we going to get the money and WHY should we get involved. Now that we are involved and we are spending money that again we do not have, the Obama bashers are as usual complaining.
Sanctions do not work, it will not stop these countries from killing their own, so WHY do we need to get involved, we have our own problems here? You may believe the comment of we're broke is inane or irrelevant, looking at the problems we are facing now I DON'T.

Last edited by blackandproud; 06-21-2011 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies