Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:13 AM

811 posts, read 551,470 times

Advertisements

Recently, rapper Lupe Fiasco referred to President Obama as such, but not in the context most are thinking and even debated Bill O'Reilly on it last night. Lupe Fiasco is not the average rapper however he actually does have intelligence despite what most would assume right as the titel "rapper" is thrown. However I really advise you do not form your complete opinion about him based off this one interview which I feel could have been better.

I really want to hear how Republicans feel about this, because considering every day Obama is being called many other negative labels even on this forum, I wonder if any of you agree or believe he has some truth to what he's saying, I see constanty that people say "obama is ruining our country", so do you think he is what this man says but not in the "terrorist" sense we are used to? It was interesting to see Bill O'reilly actually DEFEND him for once.

Before any of you go on to say "He's a rapper, what do you expect, he's dumb", I admit what he said was extreme but Lupe Fiasco actually has substance to his music and doesn't talk about the money,cars,degradation of women like most of what you hear on mainstream radio and although you may not agree with his political views I recommend you give his first cd "Food & Liquor" a listen.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,522,728 times
Gaza Strip was gettin' bombed, Obama didn't say sh**

But I'm interested in hearing what some people say.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,742,174 times
Lupe quit self promoting.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:19 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,784,683 times
He also called the USA a terrorist nation. He should move.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,587,417 times
The president's responsibility is not to protect us, it is to uphold the Constitution. Once again Bill O'Reilly being Bill O'Reilly. If there's one thing he loves, it's war.

Let's be honest, the war on terror is Bull$hit. One day, we say we don't negotiate with terrorists, now we are having a sit down with the Taliban. Yes, the same Taliban we supported in the early 80's to fight the Russians.

IMO Bill is a tool and Lupe did a pretty good job. BTW, I'm a conservative but in no way do I view myself as a republican.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
He also called the USA a terrorist nation. He should move.
I think the idea of "if you don't like where you are, move" is really necessary on a smaller scale such as if you don't like your place of work. But in this case I don't think when it comes to a grand topic like this it applies.

I don't believe we should change our countries democratic foundation or values and I don't think Lupe does either, but I think when there are evident problems "moving" isn't going to solve anything. It's like someone who lives in a very bad neighborhood and refers to the gangs as terrorists. You can move, but the drugs/violence are still there, people escaping it won't solve the problem and I think that is what he is getting at.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:57 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,619,709 times
he was probably named Loopy for a reason..

Old 06-21-2011, 11:59 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,302,792 times
In before the racists throw out the U-T term.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
In before the racists throw out the U-T term.
The what?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,636,903 times
I've never been one to disrespect who my president is. So I'm definitely shocked and angered over the fact that Obama has been called every name in the book without consequence. It's not right. Yes, I'm a republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies