Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,260,792 times

Advertisements

I'm not surprised that super-liberal, Ivory Tower educators would think FDR and BO are among our "best" Presidents, since "best" is synonymous with "liberal" in such places. If there is one thing Obama does without having to put forth any effort or achievement whatsoever, it is to evoke the approval of super-liberal academicians at PC universities like Harvard (although Occidental and Columbia proved much more discerning).

Many economists now realize that FDR's policies prolonged the Depression for about 7 years (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/bu...y/03rates.html). Similarly economists are on record (as if the endless dismal economy doesn't speak for itself) that "U.S. President Barack Obama and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner are receiving low approval ratings from economists for their efforts to invigorate the ailing economy...A majority of the 49 economists surveyed said they were dissatisfied with the administration's economic policies, giving Obama a failing grade of 59 out of 100 on average and Geithner, a 51." Obama, Geithner get low ratings from economists: survey_English_Xinhua

Frankly, I don't rank Presidents higher because they have interesting backgrounds, "imagination," or "luck," as these presidential scholars did. I care if the president makes policies that help or hurt the nation. And if I had to rank the presidents as to which had hurt our nation the most, I would give BO top ranking there. He will go down in history as the President that rushed our nation into total collapse, and I don't consider that a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 08:32 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,768,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
lmao! May we know the names of the Presidential Scholars?
Probably some welfare queens standing in line waiting for free tickets to see Oprah.

How do you compare a two year community organizer to a Ronald Reagan that actually accomplished something?

In 10 years, Obama will only be remembered as punchline to a bad joke.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:32 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,898,353 times
Bwahahahaaaaaa!!!

Thanks for the funny.

Obama is doing his darndest to beat out Jimmuh Carter for the dubious position of "most ineffective president" of all time.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,231,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Are they well known? I never heard of them. Might we know the names of the individuals who conducted this study?
Didn't you hear the term,....."SCHOLARS"????? Don't you know how to genuflect? At least one should cast down ones eyes in the presence of SCHOLARS,..........

The LIBERAL ARTS "Scholars" rank the LIBERAL President at some high number BASED UPON THEIR OWN CRITERIA. Of course,....one must understand that the LIBERALS have their own criteria for judging conservative presidents.

Mr. Obama was ranked highly in these areas:
1. Imagination

2. Communication

3. Intelligence
Imagination:......he lies a lot.

Communication:......he reads lies from a state-of-the art teleprompter

Intelligence:...smart enough to blame someone else for his shortcomings.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.....

Old 05-20-2011, 08:37 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,768,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Didn't you hear the term,....."SCHOLARS"????? Don't you know how to genuflect? At least one should cast down ones eyes in the presence of SCHOLARS,..........

The LIBERAL ARTS "Scholars" rank the LIBERAL President at some high number BASED UPON THEIR OWN CRITERIA. Of course,....one must understand that the LIBERALS have their own criteria for judging conservative presidents.

Mr. Obama was ranked highly in these areas:
1. Imagination

2. Communication

3. Intelligence
Imagination:......he lies a lot.

Intelligence:...smart enough to blame someone else for his shortcomings.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.....

Those same "scholars" probably thought that Lancelot Link could actually talk.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,350,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Those same "scholars" probably thought that Lancelot Link could actually talk.
Wait...WHAT???

Old 05-20-2011, 08:41 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,081,777 times
I think he's doing a heck of a great job. For awhile I was worried that I would never get to see the Mad Max world become a reality but Obama has put things back on track!

760 posts, read 687,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
What is the deal with people knocking him using a teleprompter? The last president used one and still couldn't speak properly. This isn't anything new. Time to come up with better material.

11,431 posts, read 19,066,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Probably some welfare queens standing in line waiting for free tickets to see Oprah.

How do you compare a two year community organizer to a Ronald Reagan that actually accomplished something?

In 10 years, Obama will only be remembered as punchline to a bad joke.

all that Ronald Reagan did was spend us into oblivion and ignore the AIDS crisis.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,350,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
all that Ronald Reagan did was spend us into oblivion and ignore the AIDS crisis.
You must be one of the "scholars".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies