Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times

Advertisements

Dude I swear to God if I see one more thread on here griping about black people and the fact that we ****ing exist.....

Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
omg !!

is that you Denzel ?
LOL!!!!...you get a rep!!!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The post I replied to with the one you quoted made a feeble attempt to try to claim that in areas where hockey is popular there is a small number of blacks in the population. What I was saying about drivel applies equally to your epic failure of an attempt to respond.
Fine example of when idiots attempt to sound intelligent!!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:46 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Black men are stereotyped to be more violent, good at sports, and hyper sexual. This goes back to the days when Black men were seen as nothing more than chattel. Black men were dehumanized in order to give a rationalization for slavery and later on segregation. Whereas White masculine traits also include being cunning, witty, smart, and resourceful (think James Bond, MacGyver, etc.) this was never seen in Black stereotypes of men. Black male intelligence was de-emphasized and whereas animalistic characters were emphasized...again to give a rationale that slavery is good and segregation is good. So some people actually thought that by helping tame and introduce the Black man to modern society, they were doing a social good. Obviously, we know that Black people are just as "tame" as Whites and relatively recently had civilizations that were more modern than Whites (literacy rates in Mali were higher than in Europe at the time...not to mention East Africa had more extensive trading with the Far East).

This currently is seen in our culture in order to justify a whole host of things. Decreased welfare, decreased public funding in urban areas, increased funding for the war on drugs, increased racial profiling. Black men are still stereotyped as being dangerous and less than human. In order to "tame" them, they must not be encouraged (public funding and welfare) and must be restrained (harsher sentences for the same offenses, and racial profiling).

The reality is that masculinity is really a learned trait. Yes males are biologically more sexual and more aggressive than women, but other factors (sports, etc.) are cultural. Biologically Blacks are no more or less masculine than any other race (well, there really is no biological definition of race...so that's part of the reason why). Culturally, Blacks are (currently less so now) portrayed as hyper masculine to dehumanize them.

The Black community essentially took those definitions and self stereotyped. Just like any group. If Group A is told constantly that they have a certain set of traits, they will actually start to internalize that message. Take the Frat Boy pejorative. I was told that Frat Boys drink excessively and wear certain clothes constantly. It wasn't until I took social psychology that I realized that I actually internalized that message. I was unaware that I self stereotyped in order to distinguish myself and create a niche where I thought I belonged. Each group does this. So it is little surprise that conditioning coupled with decreased opportunities led to the state of the Black community. If you are told that Black people are thugs, and you are Black, you are more likely to self stereotype into that role as to be perceived as Black to others (both the in group and the out group). Sorry I love social psych.

On a positive note, this is rapidly changing. Black males can be seen as intellectuals and masculine. The definition of a masculine Black male is changing due to increased equality and a growing middle class (coupled with interconnectedness via the internet and other telecommunication advances). With ever changing definitions of masculinity and what it means to be Black, we well see more role models that do not fit the archaic stereotypes of sports star or thug. Maybe a Black James Bond figure?
Yep, this.

Especially the last paragraph. Intelligent black men are redefining the masculine model by incorporating the very thing that was purposefully left out of it for so long so as to ensure his continued dehuminazation - intelligence. The "you can't have it all" hypothesis is (thankfully) dying a rapid death.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Black men are stereotyped to be more violent, good at sports, and hyper sexual. This goes back to the days when Black men were seen as nothing more than chattel. Black men were dehumanized in order to give a rationalization for slavery and later on segregation. Whereas White masculine traits also include being cunning, witty, smart, and resourceful (think James Bond, MacGyver, etc.) this was never seen in Black stereotypes of men. Black male intelligence was de-emphasized and whereas animalistic characters were emphasized...again to give a rationale that slavery is good and segregation is good. So some people actually thought that by helping tame and introduce the Black man to modern society, they were doing a social good. Obviously, we know that Black people are just as "tame" as Whites and relatively recently had civilizations that were more modern than Whites (literacy rates in Mali were higher than in Europe at the time...not to mention East Africa had more extensive trading with the Far East).

This currently is seen in our culture in order to justify a whole host of things. Decreased welfare, decreased public funding in urban areas, increased funding for the war on drugs, increased racial profiling. Black men are still stereotyped as being dangerous and less than human. In order to "tame" them, they must not be encouraged (public funding and welfare) and must be restrained (harsher sentences for the same offenses, and racial profiling).

The reality is that masculinity is really a learned trait. Yes males are biologically more sexual and more aggressive than women, but other factors (sports, etc.) are cultural. Biologically Blacks are no more or less masculine than any other race (well, there really is no biological definition of race...so that's part of the reason why). Culturally, Blacks are (currently less so now) portrayed as hyper masculine to dehumanize them.

The Black community essentially took those definitions and self stereotyped. Just like any group. If Group A is told constantly that they have a certain set of traits, they will actually start to internalize that message. Take the Frat Boy pejorative. I was told that Frat Boys drink excessively and wear certain clothes constantly. It wasn't until I took social psychology that I realized that I actually internalized that message. I was unaware that I self stereotyped in order to distinguish myself and create a niche where I thought I belonged. Each group does this. So it is little surprise that conditioning coupled with decreased opportunities led to the state of the Black community. If you are told that Black people are thugs, and you are Black, you are more likely to self stereotype into that role as to be perceived as Black to others (both the in group and the out group). Sorry I love social psych.

On a positive note, this is rapidly changing. Black males can be seen as intellectuals and masculine. The definition of a masculine Black male is changing due to increased equality and a growing middle class (coupled with interconnectedness via the internet and other telecommunication advances). With ever changing definitions of masculinity and what it means to be Black, we well see more role models that do not fit the archaic stereotypes of sports star or thug. Maybe a Black James Bond figure?
What an extremely well-written an articulate piece of fiction you just spewed from your mouth. You should give yourself a hand, because you have most likely convinced many ignorant individuals that race is meaningless with your non-factual rant.

Here is the truth...

The Story Behind the Amazing Success of Black Athletes, by Jon Entine

Quote:
Blacks with a West African ancestry generally have:

relatively less subcutaneous fat on arms and legs and proportionately more lean body and muscle mass, broader shoulders, larger quadriceps, and bigger, more developed musculature in general;

denser, shallower chests;

higher center of gravity, generally shorter sitting height, narrower hips, and lighter calves;

longer arm span and "distal elongation of segments" - the hand is relatively longer than the forearm, which in turn is relatively longer than the upper arm; the foot is relatively longer than the tibia (leg), which is relatively longer than the thigh;

faster patellar tendon reflex;

greater body density, which is likely due to higher bone mineral density and heavier bone mass at all stages in life, including infancy (despite evidence of lower calcium intake and a higher prevalence of lactose intolerance, which prevents consumption of dairy products);

modestly, but significantly, higher levels of plasma testosterone (3-19 percent), which is anabolic, theoretically contributing to greater muscle mass, lower fat, and the ability to perform at a higher level of intensity with quicker recovery;

a higher percentage of fast-twitch muscles and more anaerobic enzymes, which can translate into more explosive energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Yep, this.

Especially the last paragraph. Intelligent black men are redefining the masculine model by incorporating the very thing that was purposefully left out of it for so long so as to ensure his continued dehuminazation - intelligence. The "you can't have it all" hypothesis is (thankfully) dying a rapid death.
Wishful thinking doesn't make it so.

I am not going to say that Africans are all unintelligent, but if hypothetically those large athletic Africans were just as likely to be intelligent as short unathletic Asians, wouldn't that make Asians inferior to Africans?

Everyone who spends two minutes learning a little about race correlations and sports will realize that there are definitely some genetic advantages and disadvantages based on each race in regards to certain types of sports. Sure I will admit that there will be a certain amount of racial representation fluctuation in sports because of cultural differences. But when the top 200 100-meter times are held by blacks, and almost all of the top 500 100-meter times are held by blacks, you have to at least accept that there must be a genetic link.

The problem is that no one wants to admit that there is any difference, regardless of how obvious the difference has to be to everyone. If they admit that there is a single difference, then it leads the belief that there is most likely more and more differences, and this leads to racism. So to prevent racism, they attempt to explain away any facts or evidence that might prove racial probabilities as being nothing but cultural gaps(IE blacks are only good at sports because it is their only opportunity to become rich). Either that, or they attempt to explain away all achievement gaps as being nothing more than some bias or predisposition caused by the legacy of slavery(so people feel guilty if they push the issue).

Can you people at least grow up for a second and say, "Yes, West-African blacks are good at sprints because they are better genetically designed for sprinting than people of other races."

Is that so much to ask?

And once you can get it through your stubborn heads that there might actually be a level of truth for genetically linked human characteristics, you might realize that racial equality can never exist in any respect, because humans are simply not equal. It literally makes as much sense to give blacks a leg up in the workforce in an attempt to create equality by giving them what amounts to a handicap(affirmative-action), as it would make sense to give a white guy a head start in a 100-meter in an attempt to create equality.

Quote:
Whites of Eurasian ancestry, who have, on average, more natural upper-body strength, predictably dominate weightlifting, wrestling and all field events, such as the shot-put and hammer (whites hold 46 of the top 50 throws). Evolutionary forces in this northern clime have shaped a population with a mesomorphic body type - large and muscular, particularly in the upper body, with relatively short arms and legs and thick torsos. These proportions tend to be an advantage, particularly in sports in which strength rather than speed is at a premium.
If equality doesn't exist it just doesn't exist. Get over it. The best thing to do is just remove all restrictions off both groups and let them compete, regardless of the outcome.

I know that Asians tend to be more intelligent than white people. I don't care. We used to joke about how if we were to cheat on a test in school, we would cheat off the Asians paper. Who cares? So why does it bother you so much that white people are more intelligent than blacks? Is it an insecurity thing? Is it because you have felt inferior all your lives and you just can't take it? Is athletics so trivial and unimportant, that you would give up your physical gifts, large penises, and high sex-drive to be more intelligent because it has so much more value to you? What is the problem? Why can't you just acknowledge truth when it is right in front of your face?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 05-12-2011 at 12:24 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
That's ridiculous.

Blacks don't dominate sports like hockey, soccer, tennis, swimming and martial arts.

There are masculine and not-so masculine male examples from all races.
That's a ridiculous argument as well. The reason Blacks don't dominate hockey, soccer, tennis, water polo, lacrosse and swimming is because they are considered high socioeconomic sports. They require facilities, and personal income to play them.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
(Lol) I don't mean to literally give him anything. I mean for him to earn it.

Those black dudes out in the streets up to no good need to get their act together. Half of them don't know their value. Black men are kings.
The one eyed man is king among the blind.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Fine example of when idiots attempt to sound intelligent!!

I agree-
Every time you post that's exactly what it is.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:53 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
That's ridiculous.

Blacks don't dominate sports like hockey, soccer, tennis, swimming and martial arts.

There are masculine and not-so masculine male examples from all races.
Of course black males don't dominate in hockey...how many blacks play hockey and how many hockey facilities are available to black youths. Same with tennis . And, BTW...the greatest soccer player ever was a black man by the name of Pele.

Secondly, are there masculine and not-so masculine male examples from all races...absolutely. However, generally speaking, black males seem to have a superior genetic make-up which makes them stronger, more agile and more immune to certain diseases than other races. This is a fact, which scientific studies have proven.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:22 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Whoever that was you claim you told was most likely soft. Most black men dont tolerate disrespect.

Black men walk the way we do because we have swagger. Sorry but most white dudes wish they were as smooth as us. We generally have better hygiene, white girls love my skin, plus we can dress and dance better. Take all that and give him some money and an education, and a black man is a force to be reckoned with (except for the ugly dudes). Y'all can't match our sexy.
Hummmmm...It was five young men from a street gang in Detroit.

Not so sure I was disrespectful.

Just told them the truth.

They looked like idiots with thier rags on their heads and pants on their hips.

Then I told them it get out of my way or, I would call thier mommy.

They moved.

Funny part is I was the only one with a gun.

They were a little off game with that part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.