Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 09:54 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,158,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Or is it more of a cultural thing with hockey having a marginalized role in that part of the world?

I don't know for sure. I think there are a lot of contributing factors, so it's difficult to say.

You can't just say it's one specific reason. I think, when it all comes down to it; it's more about what sports/games appeal to an individual. Hockey probably doesn't appeal to a lot of other cultures, at least not on a large scale. I know there are hockey leagues and hockey player (and hockey fans) of all walks of life. But not on a large scale.

Soccer is a huge sport all over the world and I suspect most kids and young athletes are drawn to it more than any other sport.

But then there's financial and local weather factors. It's not likely you'll find many hockey rinks in the Middle East. I have no idea about East Asians, but I could guess that it's possible that ice hockey simply doesn't appeal to many of them. There are East Asian hockey teams and hockey players, but doesn't appear to be on a large scale.

Sometimes people simply play whatever sport appeals to them.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:54 AM

13,720 posts, read 9,060,580 times
All I know is this: the other night I went to a ballet recital in which my five year old niece participated, as well as many other little girls (it was their first recital in public).

There was not one African-American adult male on stage. I could not understand it.

"Where are the Black Males, the epitome of human masculinity?" I suddenly cried out from my seat in the audience.

One little girl (she looked to be three years old) started crying. I knew that my penetrating question had struck her to the core. She obviously realized that she was not chosen to be on stage due to her ability (all she did was sorta wander about the stage, flapping her arms) but due to her sex (female) and skin color (white). She KNEW that her position (she played a grasshopper) would have been better fulfilled by a Carl Lewis, Reggie Jackson or Sugar Ray Leonard, all of whom, I have no doubt, would have danced circles around her.

The realization that there was so much racism still in the world caused me to break into uncontrollable sobs and screams. I was then gently led out of the auditorium by some uniformed officers, who thoughtfully used some type of plastic thing to tie my hands behind my back, so I would not rip at my face in my anguish.

By the by: plenty of black males in the jails. I can vouch for that.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,221,700 times
LOL....the same remarks are made about white hockey players. Try watching a Hockey playoff game.

You'll see some true studs playing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Recently, while watching a sports championship game on television, I became quite disturbed when the (white) announcer began rambling, on and on about how the (black) players on the floor were "Alpha males", superior, etc., The dude just kept going on and on and I couldn't believe the announcer made such a comment.

Afterwards, I began to ponder how black Africans slaves were brought to the Western world as slaves due of their brut strength, endurance, immunity to diseases etc.

Today, the black male dominates in many sports, such as track and field, football, and basketball. In body building, black body builders have held Mr. Universe/Mr America titles for a number of consecutive years. In boxing, black males such as Jack Johnson, Joe Lewis, Muhammad Ali, Tyson, etc., have dominated the sport.

In Rome, Italy there is a Statue of David, which supposedly represents the perfect male physique. Similarly, is it possible God created the black male as personification of perfected male masculinity?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,048,150 times
It's black culture that breeds black athletes. Black people happen to gravitate towards basketball and football because growing up they are cheap sports to play. All you need is a beatdown asphalt court and a basketball hoop.................all you need is a football and an abandoned yard. So blacks dominate these sports. Even with baseball you need gloves, bats, balls, catching gear etc. Hockey is one of the most expensive sports to play with requiring ice rinks, pads, sticks, skates etc. Same thing with many other sports. Like one guy mentioned blacks hardly dominate the X-game type sports. And when it comes to physicality blacks dominate bodybuilding but whites dominate powerlifting. This has a lot to do with genetics, strength, muscle attachments, etc.

Asians barely crack the top ten in bodybuilding contests. And hispanics? Physically speaking I hardly ever see very many muscular Mexicans or hispanics. They usually have a very soft, pudgy, flat look about them even ones that are in shape, the luchedores are a good example. I'm speaking on average and in a very general sense regarding muscle, anatomy, etc.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,433,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Basically what people need to understand is that there are differences in distribution of traits across different population groups. So while it's true that there is a wide variety of physical types in every racial group, some groups have higher percentages of physical types than other groups. It's not really a strange or shocking fact, but many act as if it's something that can't be mentioned in polite society.
100% agreed!!!!

I am a redhead and have always wondered why some people think redheads have a hot temper....

Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,221,700 times
Black males dominate those sports because they work the hardest.

I wish black males would work as hard at being fathers and more ambitious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Recently, while watching a sports championship game on television, I became quite disturbed when the (white) announcer began rambling, on and on about how the (black) players on the floor were "Alpha males", superior, etc., The dude just kept going on and on and I couldn't believe the announcer made such a comment.

Afterwards, I began to ponder how black Africans slaves were brought to the Western world as slaves due of their brut strength, endurance, immunity to diseases etc.

Today, the black male dominates in many sports, such as track and field, football, and basketball. In body building, black body builders have held Mr. Universe/Mr America titles for a number of consecutive years. In boxing, black males such as Jack Johnson, Joe Lewis, Muhammad Ali, Tyson, etc., have dominated the sport.

In Rome, Italy there is a Statue of David, which supposedly represents the perfect male physique. Similarly, is it possible God created the black male as personification of perfected male masculinity?

Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,433,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It's black culture that breeds black athletes. Black people happen to gravitate towards basketball and football because growing up they are cheap sports to play. All you need is a beatdown asphalt court and a basketball hoop.................all you need is a football and an abandoned yard. So blacks dominate these sports. Even with baseball you need gloves, bats, balls, catching gear etc. Hockey is one of the most expensive sports to play with requiring ice rinks, pads, sticks, skates etc. Same thing with many other sports. Like one guy mentioned blacks hardly dominate the X-game type sports. And when it comes to physicality blacks dominate bodybuilding but whites dominate powerlifting. This has a lot to do with genetics, strength, muscle attachments, etc.

Asians barely crack the top ten in bodybuilding contests. And hispanics? Physically speaking I hardly ever see very many muscular Mexicans or hispanics. They usually have a very soft, pudgy, flat look about them even ones that are in shape, the luchedores are a good example. I'm speaking on average and in a very general sense regarding muscle, anatomy, etc.
My X is from Central America and I thought he was Middle Eastern when I first saw him.

Six foot plus and a great body.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,048,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Black males dominate those sports because they work the hardest.

I wish black males would work as hard at being fathers and more ambitious.
Oh please...........what a load of crap..........black athletes are some of the laziest athletes around. It's their natural raw talent and skill that usually get them where they are not their work ethic. ALL professional athletes work hard. Black athletes definitely don't have the monopoly on working hard in professional sports. You win the award for stupidest post of the day! Congratulations!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Basically what people need to understand is that there are differences in distribution of traits across different population groups. So while it's true that there is a wide variety of physical types in every racial group, some groups have higher percentages of physical types than other groups. It's not really a strange or shocking fact, but many act as if it's something that can't be mentioned in polite society.
It's impossible to have this discussion with White Guys as the main topic. There's a definite double-standard and hypocrisy.

The Politically Correct game of marginalizing White Men, demonizing White Men and condemning anything 'White".......has been a long played out game. Racism is tolerated from every race/culture, except the White Race. Especially if the racism is against White people. That's always okay.

The truth is that racism of any kind is dispicable and ignorant. But the Politically Correct thrive on perpetuating and advocating stereotypical racism against Whites, while angerily, desperately scouring the bottom of the barrel for anything that remotely can be twisted and spun into Racism By White People Against Other Cultures.

It's pure nonsense and PC people should be ashamed of themselves.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:11 AM

You also have to consider the population explosion in the Black culture.

Black people have been breeding in extremely large numbers, while in the same time frame White people have actually been much more conservative in their breeding.

White people have been having less children, while Black people are having many more.

Which isn't to say there aren't white families that have 6...7...8 or more children. There are. But not many. Most white people are having one or two kids and that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies