Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,908,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I was told – in these exact terms, “we overruled him.” (Obama) I have since followed up and received further details on exactly what that meant, as well as the specifics of how Leon Panetta worked around the president’s “persistent hesitation to act.” There appears NOT to have been an outright overruling of any specific position by President Obama, simply because there was no specific position from the president to do so. President Obama was, in this case, as in all others, working as an absentee president.
Quote:
Daley contacted Clinton within hours of their meeting indicating Jarrett refused to allow the president to give that approval. Daley then informed Clinton that he too would fully support Panetta in his actions, even if it meant disclosing the president’s indecision to the American public should that action fail to produce a successful conclusion. Clinton took that message back to Panetta and the CIA director initiated the 48 hour engagement order. At this point, the President of the United States was not informed of the engagement order – it did not originate from him, and for several hours after the order had been given and the special ops forces were preparing for action into Pakistan from their position in Afghanistan, Daley successfully kept Obama and Jarrett insulated from that order.
http://socyberty.com/issues/white-ho...ama-bin-laden/

We've heard so much over the past few years that whenever there's a situation, we can always find our President vacationing or golfing .. In light of these most current events, I'm not in the least bit surprised to learn that the President "choked" when it came time to make another, very important decision.

This is our President .. Obama .. who would prefer to not acting under his own volition for fear that someone, somewhere, might have an opinion, or a critique of him.

I'm not impressed at all with him remaining on the sidelines .. The Republicans won't beat him in 2012 .. his habitual indecision is what's going to beat him ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:31 PM

30,084 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty

We've heard so much over the past few years that whenever there's a situation, we can always find our President vacationing or golfing .. In light of these most current events, I'm not in the least bit surprised to learn that the President "choked" when it came time to make another, very important decision.

This is our President .. Obama .. who would prefer to not acting under his own volition for fear that someone, somewhere, might have an opinion, or a critique of him.

I'm not impressed at all with him remaining on the sidelines .. The Republicans won't beat him in 2012 .. his habitual indecision is what's going to beat him ..

Amazing, yet I guess expected. I was really wondering how Obama departed from his pattern of indecision and incompetence and finally pulled something off. Now it makes sense. They could trust Obama about as much as the Pakistani government in this case and had to act on their own.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty

Truly sad and desperate tactics by you guys. Thats OK just keep it up.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,908,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Truly sad and desperate tactics by you guys. Thats OK just keep it up.
heh .. and I'm not a TP, Repub, or even a neo-con .. too funny ..

The truly sad and desperate part of all of this is that this is the guy that you guys put into office .. doesn't say much for the Left really, now does it?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,528,283 times
Another thread by wingnuts designed to mock Obama by insinuating he didn't give the order to kill bin Laden. That he was "indecisive". Note that the link quotes an anonymous "insider" as the supposed source (translation: totally made up BS).

Wingnuts can't get themselves to accept that Obama - a black man that they look down on because they view him as inferior to them - can accomplish what Bush the idiot failed to do in 8 years.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Another thread by wingnuts designed to mock Obama by insinuating he didn't give the order to kill bin Laden. That he was "indecisive". Note that the link quotes an anonymous "insider" as the supposed source (translation: totally made up BS).

Wingnuts can't get themselves to accept that Obama - a black man that they look down on because they view him as inferior to them - can accomplish what Bush the idiot failed to do in 8 years.
yes, Obama tortured KSM and interrogated couriers and even flew UAVs himself, and then single-handedly waltzed into Osama's mansion and strangled him with his hands

Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
So you are taking a blog by a supposed insider on what happened as gospil? The right is truly desperate.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,528,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
yes, Obama tortured KSM and interrogated couriers and even flew UAVs himself, and then single-handedly waltzed into Osama's mansion and strangled him with his hands
Oh yeah I forgot. Bush was the one who did all that. My bad!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Oh yeah I forgot. Bush was the one who did all that. My bad!
i wouldn't shower Bush with praise and credit had he been president when OBL was killed

I'm not saying Obama didn't do ****. He definitely had to authorize the mission, and I'm sure he drafted all sorts of possible responses (along with the help of aides and Secretary Clinton, since that's what they're there for) for possible outcomes (e.g. had the mission been a failure, or if they had killed civilians, etc).

But ultimately, most of the actually gritty work was done by the CIA and military, especially the brave SEALs.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,373,443 times
So after reading the article, it boils down to Valerie Jarrett clipping O's gonads on decisions HE should make.

So, who is really in 'control'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies