Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 AM

30,087 posts, read 18,704,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
So? What's your point? Reagan didn't do any of the actual gritty work himself, but he is credited with bringing down the Soviet Union.

................... right.....................

Reagan surrounded himself with competent subordinates, yet made the BIG decisions.

It is shocking, yet very sad, that those in the Obama administration did not trust him with the decision to take out Bin Laden. It shows quite clearly that even those in the white house know that he is incompetent and cannot be trusted.

It really begs the question as to what would happen and who would make the decisions if a true national emergency occurred?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,356,466 times
Quote:
Another thread by wingnuts designed to mock Obama by insinuating he didn't give the order to kill bin Laden. That he was "indecisive". Note that the link quotes an anonymous "insider" as the supposed source (translation: totally made up BS).

Wingnuts can't get themselves to accept that Obama - a black man that they look down on because they view him as inferior to them - can accomplish what Bush the idiot failed to do in 8 years.

Well....well....well....it certainly never does take long- does it? Post #5 this time.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,529,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
................... right.....................

Reagan surrounded himself with competent subordinates, yet made the BIG decisions.

It is shocking, yet very sad, that those in the Obama administration did not trust him with the decision to take out Bin Laden. It shows quite clearly that even those in the white house know that he is incompetent and cannot be trusted.

It really begs the question as to what would happen and who would make the decisions if a true national emergency occurred?

And so you base your opinion that Obama is "incompetent and cannot be trusted" on a link to a blog quoting "anonymous insider sources" which sounds like a totally fabricated story that you've lapped up to be true? Why am I not shocked?

So the wingnut meme now is 1.) bin Laden didn't really die, this is all fake news intended to boost Obama's sagging popularity; 2.) the credit for bin Laden's non-death goes to Bush for torturing prisoners in Gitmo; and 3.) the fictional raid on bin Laden was ordered by Obama's advisers because Obama himself was too incompetent to order the assault which didn't really happen.

Bravo. These wingnut delusions are hard to beat.

Last edited by ndfmnlf; 05-04-2011 at 07:07 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Well....well....well....it certainly never does take long- does it? Post #5 this time.
Hey, if you want to believe there there's a White House insider who believes that, and has been giving interviews to an anonymous blogger for months, and at times tells him

Quote:
It’s not so much I don’t think he was born in America, it’s more that I am open to the possibility of that. Or I’m at least sympathetic to people who wonder about it themselves.[LEFT]
Read more: White House Insider: Clintons, Scandals, and the Birth Certificate.. | Newsflavor

then I think you're looking at this as something you want to believe, rather than reality.
[/LEFT]

Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty

We've heard so much over the past few years that whenever there's a situation, we can always find our President vacationing or golfing .. In light of these most current events, I'm not in the least bit surprised to learn that the President "choked" when it came time to make another, very important decision.

This is our President .. Obama .. who would prefer to not acting under his own volition for fear that someone, somewhere, might have an opinion, or a critique of him.

I'm not impressed at all with him remaining on the sidelines .. The Republicans won't beat him in 2012 .. his habitual indecision is what's going to beat him ..

When the operation finally unfolded and Barry walked into the "Situation Room" he said "I got the winner!". Obama thought he was watching an XBox 360 game on the monitor and wanted to play.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,140,701 times
Quote:
And so you base your opinion that Obama is "incompetent and cannot be trusted" on a link to a blog quoting "anonymous insider sources" which sounds like a totally fabricated story that you've lapped up to be true? Why am I not shocked?

So the wingnut meme now is 1.) bin Laden didn't really die, this is all fake news intended to boost Obama's sagging popularity; 2.) the credit for bin Laden's non-death goes to Bush for torturing prisoners in Gitmo; and 3.) the fictional raid on bin Laden was ordered by Obama's advisers because Obama himself was too incompetent to order the assault which didn't really happen.

It's not even ignorance, it's brazen lies. They don't even bother to make them internally consistent.

They don't care whether any of it is true or not.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden | Socyberty

We've heard so much over the past few years that whenever there's a situation, we can always find our President vacationing or golfing .. In light of these most current events, I'm not in the least bit surprised to learn that the President "choked" when it came time to make another, very important decision.

This is our President .. Obama .. who would prefer to not acting under his own volition for fear that someone, somewhere, might have an opinion, or a critique of him.

I'm not impressed at all with him remaining on the sidelines .. The Republicans won't beat him in 2012 .. his habitual indecision is what's going to beat him ..
All I can say is this.....Hillary Clinton will let the cat out of the bag in her first book outside of the Obama Administration. I have zero doubt that she will expose this fraud for who he really is.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
All I can say is WOW!...this is just mind-boggling. The details are too deep and too many to be a fake. I won't assume that every detail is spot on...but I will say this: The story details President Obama being pulled off of the golf course and detailed of the mission as it had already been initiated. This fits precisely in line with an article on MSNBC yesterday whereas a journalist noted that he had never see the President in the Oval Office in his golfing shoes. The journalist went on to say that he thought it was odd that the President would do such a thing sporadically, and that it was just assumed that it was so he could issue the order to kill OBL. What we're reading now is starting to tell the real story it seems to me.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:47 AM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
So? What's your point? Reagan didn't do any of the actual gritty work himself, but he is credited with bringing down the Soviet Union.
You have clearly missed the point.

0bama campaigned against, and stated his opposition to aggressive interrogations, Gitmo, and rendition, he even signed executive orders banning these, and yet it appears the intel that allowed us to locate bin Laden came from the use of all the above.

It was Regan's domestic and foreign policy that helped bring down the USSR, while 0bama's policies on interrogation, rendition and Gitmo were counter to finding bin Laden.

This would be like Nixon campaigning on the waste of space exploration, and promising to end it if elected president. Upon taking office as the president, signing executive orders to cancel all further space exploration. Then running out with a speech loaded with "I", "me", "my", and "we", to take credit for the moon walk and safe return of the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 AM

30,087 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:

1. Bin Laden did die- they checked DNA matches from family members.

2. Credit for killing Bin Laden goes to the Navy Seals

3. The information about Bin Laden's courier WAS OBTAINED at Gitmo

4. Obama apparently is too incompetent to be trusted with important decisions.

The delusional ones are those who were beguilled into voting for a community organizer with absolutely no experience to the highest post in the world. Would you hire a fourth grader to design and build jet aircraft? Of course not. Let's "hire" a competent president in 2012 and forget about putting community organizers in such a powerful position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies