Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,353,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
Fukushima story is 1-to-1 like Chernobyl story. I remember how people was ready to die in order to extinguish fire in Chernobyl and how USSR government made heroes from them etc.
Problem is however that real culprits of this disaster are still sitting in their chairs and most likely not planning to die from radiation.
P.S. Under culprits I understand long list of people: corrupted Japanese government, corrupted leaders of TEPCO, GE etc. All of them knew that this area can and will have earthquakes and tsunami. None of them made an effort to build defense against it. Corporations saved money, government close eyes for it. Now they only say "Level of radiation is low, not harmful, lover then in Chernobyl etc." The same crap USSR government sad to Russian people 20 years ago.
So why somebody should become a hero and die when somebody else get rich?
I always wanted to see how well kleptocrats absorbed neutrons to see if there was any relation to dung transparency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,095 times
Did these Japan nucleur workers indeed die?, like media said they would?

Or are they still alive?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,773 times
Japan is a wonderful country (in terms of their strength [in bad and peaceful times] and culture), I don't blame those folks for being willing to die for the future of it.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Did these Japan nucleur workers indeed die?, like media said they would?

Or are they still alive?
Well, one would hope that they are still alive. Who cares if the media said they would ... ... wth?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Well, one would hope that they are still alive. Who cares if the media said they would ... ... wth?
We need facts here....

And at the time, the media, which was simply reporting what the 'experts' were telling them, were saying that do to the exposure these plant rescue or containment workers were recieving, like wading through radioactive water ect ect...

That they would not live long...

I mean it all played out like a movie....

But after about 2 months, it all faded away, you still heard of the plant, but not the workers...

It's been what 6-8 months?

According to what we all heard, all of them, those who were contaminated, should all be dead....

But are they?
And if they're living...did they beat the odds?

Scientist should be watching this close...to make better estimations in the future, of how exposer relates to length of life afterwords...

We need to know if they're still alive or not, and if so, in what kind of condition...

Did some fare better than others? if so why?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Damn some people on the internet have too much time on their hands. WTF are you talking about? We're talking about people dying (you asked the question yourself) and I asked why does it matter what the media said. These are people, we should be HAPPY if they are NOT dead. Not wondering why they aren't dead and how that means the media lied.

I mean I'm no fan of media, but I'm not thinking about that when I know some people might have died.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Japan’s Nuclear Rescuers: ‘Inevitable Some of Them May Die Within Weeks’

Workers at the disaster-stricken Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan say they expect to die from radiation sickness as a result of their efforts to bring the reactors under control, the mother of one of the men tells Fox News.

“He told me they have accepted they will all probably die from radiation sickness in the short term or cancer in the long-term.”

Very heroic – we will see what happens.

This is what America used to be like. Now it is the dead beats and lethargic sitting in a scooter asking for the industrious to pay for their miserable existence.

For those who have not been to Japan, perhaps you should go. It is the last bastion of personal responsibility and honor in the world, outside of the US midwest (west of the river) and near west.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM

We must find out out if indeed these N-Plant workers are still alive or not...

It matters..
We were all told they were 'doomed'...everyone got sad...

Now i wanna know if indeed they truly were doomed, or are they off playing golf somewhere....

The media needs to find these former emergency plant workers, and report on their current conditions...an up to date report on their health...so that we can know if their exposure to that radiation was hazardous or not...

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-13-2012 at 08:17 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I would disagree. The government and mainstream media is telling you this but its not true. The Fukushima experience total meltdown of 3 reactors with explosions sending radiation into the jet stream which far exceeds the release of radiation from Chernobyl. Fukushima has not even been contained yet like was done at Chernobyl where they encased the reactor with cement.

Fukushima Reactor Four Exploded Core End Of Days Time To Run 17/042011 - YouTube

that vid^^^^ is of an oil fire not fukushima..

first vid reactor number one.

Video of blast at Fukushima nuke plant, radiation leak reported - YouTube

second vid reactor three..

Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Reactor Unit#3 explosion on March 14th 2011 - YouTube

Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Quote:
Damn some people on the internet have too much time on their hands. WTF are you talking about? We're talking about people dying (you asked the question yourself) and I asked why does it matter what the media said. These are people, we should be HAPPY if they are NOT dead. Not wondering why they aren't dead and how that means the media lied.

I mean I'm no fan of media, but I'm not thinking about that when I know some people might have died.
The thread title is "Fukushima Workers Decide to Die for Country."

Did they? You know, die?

Because, if they didn't then the thread is BS right. We need a BS Flag.

Shouldn't we call out the Media for not performing due diligence, vetting facts and for needlessly instilling fear? It's like yelling "Theater!" in a crowded fire house.

Being morbid...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies