Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the execution of people based on religion be banned?
Yes, the execution of people based on religion be banned? 12 75.00%
No, the execution of people based on religion should not be banned 2 12.50%
I don't care 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM

45,209 posts, read 26,424,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I take it that you have no problem executing people based on religious beliefs, am I correct?
I'm against the death penalty, so you figure it out genius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
It'll be interesting to see how many of those who think it's okay to execute people based on sexual orientation do not think it's okay to execute based on religion.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM

45,209 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It'll be interesting to see how many of those who think it's okay to execute people based on sexual orientation do not think it's okay to execute based on religion.
You can be against both, and not support the hypocritical UN interfering in a sovereign nations business.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
A friend said to me a long long time ago, those in the M.E. will never change, and the West will not change them either. We can help out with the wars, and with humanatian efforts, but we will never be able to understand the mindset of a true muslim. There will never be peace, only bloodsheed and turmoil, you know now i believe him. A religion that is suppose to be about peace, is so very immorally injustice and quite evil.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes, I realize that...this thread as another poster already pointed out is in reaction to another thread in which many people said that the US has no business objecting to other countries executing people for being homosexuals.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM

419 posts, read 868,444 times
Accidentally voted for it not to be banned, meant the opposite. Killing someone only because of what supernatural being (or lack thereof) they believe in is an injustice.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I personally am not aware of anyone that thinks that...other than radical muslims. Were you referring to anyone in particular?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
A friend said to me a long long time ago, those in the M.E. will never change, and the West will not change them either. We can help out with the wars, and with humanatian efforts, but we will never be able to understand the mindset of a true muslim. There will never be peace, only bloodsheed and turmoil, you know now i believe him. A religion that is suppose to be about peace, is so very immorally injustice and quite evil.
The experience in Western Europe and Muslim immigrants who will not assimilate to the culture of the country in which they are living would seem to back up this theory. Yet, it is not the Western cultures executing anyone based on his/her religious beliefs. So really, what is the OP's motivation behind this thread?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:41 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
The stupidity of this thread is nobody said they were for Killing Homosexuals, they said it's not our place to tell other countries what they can and cannot do and I stand by that. Nobody said we can't condemn other countries for their policy but forcing them to adhere to our policy is wrong.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
This thread is a reaction to another thread in which a bunch of bible-thumpers claimed the US has no business objecting to countries executing people for the crime of homosexuality.

In your opinion, is it equally as unacceptable to kill anyone for their sexuality? How should the US deal with countries that do?
I haven't seen the thread, with that being said, I would rather refer to myself as a Christian, not a Bible-Thumper.

I don't believe in executing someone on sexual or religious beliefs. God proved on the Cross all sins can be forgiven even upon your last breathe.

By taking ones life for his/her beliefs one is playing God, and when you make judgments that are not God's there is a great price to pay. Each life is precious who is man to decide how we live our lives, pertaining to getting to Heaven.
It's one of the Ten Commandments to not violate. I do believe in the death penalty in certain cases.

How should the US deal with it......... I'm not sure we are suppose to tell another country how to run their country. This issue is what the UN is for, and they do nothing. People need to know that people in third world countries, don't have trusting preachers to tell them the word correctly, we barely have this in America.

The Bible is the most misused BOOK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies