Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM

11,582 posts, read 14,010,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
To me, the word force indicates that she didnt open the door...
He "barged" in when the chick "responded" to the knock at the door. Pretty obvious what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,121,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here is what the article said:

"Hill barged into the home at around 3 a.m. after Brown responded to a knock at the front door, according to a police report."

Now, to me, that sounds like she answered/opened the door and when she did he forced himself into the home. It doesn't say he broke down the door.
It is still forced entry (a.k.a. home invasion), whichever way it went down. The condition of the door matters not.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,204,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
He "barged" in when the chick "responded" to the knock at the door. Pretty obvious what happened.
I just edited that post to add a better article than the Fox one, take a look.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:24 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,204,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is still forced entry (a.k.a. home invasion), whichever way it went down. The condition of the door matters not.
Thank goodness we have the "stand your ground law" here in Florida.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,482,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I am glad she had a gun and I am glad she shot him dead..........however......why would anyone open their front door to a stranger who knocks at 3:00 am.......or at anytime of day, for that matter?
She might not have needed the gun if she hadn't flung the door open in the middle of the night, not even bothering to know who was on the other side.

We do not teach women proper safety precautions in this country. People just hear a knock and run to the door and open it. It's STUPID!

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I never, ever, ever open the door without finding out who's on the other side of it. And if I don't know them, I don't open it. Period. Especially after dark.

ETA: Oh, and the fiance? A DUMBASS! "She wears a $60,000 engagement ring." "We keep $100 bills around the house to pay for pizza."

Way to advertise your fiancee as a target, jerk!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:35 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,151,099 times
[quote=Jill61;18405161]She might not have needed the gun if she hadn't flung the door open in the middle of the night, not even bothering to know who was on the other side.

We do not teach women proper safety precautions in this country. People just hear a knock and run to the door and open it. It's STUPID!

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I never, ever, ever open the door without finding out who's on the other side of it. And if I don't know them, I don't open it. Period. Especially after dark.[/quote]

Me too.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:48 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,651,145 times
Nice....this story made my day a little brighter...and the gun is pink-that is even better...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,357,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
She might not have needed the gun if she hadn't flung the door open in the middle of the night, not even bothering to know who was on the other side.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I never, ever, ever open the door without finding out who's on the other side of it. And if I don't know them, I don't open it. Period. Especially after dark.

ETA: Oh, and the fiance? A DUMBASS! "She wears a $60,000 engagement ring." "We keep $100 bills around the house to pay for pizza."

Way to advertise your fiancee as a target, jerk!
The point is that there's no reason for a private citizen to have to live in fear of opening her door at any time of the day or night. The puss bag forced his way in and got his azz shot off for it. Good riddance to bad garbage. Having a nice ring and 100 dollar bills is a good thing not a bad thing. That they have money has absolutlely nothing to do with any of this.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,121,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
She might not have needed the gun if she hadn't flung the door open in the middle of the night,...........
You were there and actually witnessed the door "flung open" Jill61? Really? (blame the victim often?)

She might not have needed the gun had the home invader not forced his way into her home. Let's try placing the responsibility on the party breaking the law rather than the homeowner, shall we?

Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,357,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You were there and actually witnessed the door "flung open" Jill61? Really?

She might not have needed the gun had the home invader not forced his way into her home. Let's try placing the responsibility on the party breaking the law rather than the homeowner, shall we?
The guy was there at 3 AM and he was there to do harm. He got what was necessary. I'm sorry the guy's dead, but that's the chance he took when embarked on a life of crime. No tears here. The bad guy is dead and the good guys are okay. That's a happy ending in my book any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies