Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,374,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
well we did not fire the first shot Nicolas Sarkozy the president of france conducted the airstike as he decided to make the first move and seems to be running the lead country on this mission while we do a support role. so we are just backing our allies up.

we are just going to do airstrikes and after that US and Canadian forces will leave for home or back to afghaistan where we are still engaged in a ground combat role fighting of small groups of insuregent forces . I have a funny feeling france, italy and britain are going to be headed in on foot but we will not be part of that unless it is an advisement type role.

Who is this "we" that you speak of?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea...i'm going to vote. And there is no way in hell that i'm going to vote for a Repub. I'm not crazy. So if there is an available left wing option, i might vote for them.

So if there is an available black option, i might vote for them.

There you go.....I fixed it for you

Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,464,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Obama's Libya decision is a speeding ticket compared to Bush/ Cheney's unfounded war in Iraq.

No contest.
Exactly. I like Kucinich a great deal, but he's a bit overboard here.

If that pathetic George Bush wasn't impeached for what he did, I doubt if a president ever can be again.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:44 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,216,287 times
Quote:
Yea...i'm going to vote. And there is no way in hell that i'm going to vote for a Repub. I'm not crazy. So if there is an available left wing option, i might vote for them.
Where did you get the idea that your not cra....??????

Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Exactly. I like Kucinich a great deal, but he's a bit overboard here.

If that pathetic George Bush wasn't impeached for what he did, I doubt if a president ever can be again.

Can you elaborate on that or is this another one of your baseless Bush bashing troll & run posts? That's rhetorical BTW....

Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,928,743 times
Quote:
Third party?

Ron Paul?

Nevermind,vote for Obama again,then complain about how he is doing such a bad job for another four years...

Old 03-21-2011, 06:16 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,155,652 times
Here is my problem with Libya. We dont know who the other side is. We have rumblings that Al Quada supports to rebels as well as Iran. Sure Qudaffi Duck is a bad guy, but why insert ourselves in the middle of a Civil War?

Concerning the bombing that happened in the 80s. When did we know he was behind it and why the hell didnt we go after him at that point? I dont think we had any business at this point getting involved in this, especially if we dont know who the side we are "defending" is.

I realize polls show a majority is for this operation. I can understand that to a point, the way things have been reported. But when you look at everything, all the facts and ask questions, can it really be that easy to support our actions?

Lastly, if people sat there and crapped on Bush over Iraq, they should certainly do the same here. Bush believed Iraq was a threat, on what we now know was false information. So he did what he thought was something to protect America. And he was bashed for it. Now we have Obama, inserting the US into a civil war when we dont even know who we are defending. And for the most part, Obama is getting a pass from many, but not all.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,609,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Obama's Libya decision is a speeding ticket compared to Bush/ Cheney's unfounded war in Iraq.

No contest.
Well.......we finally are in total agreement!!!!!. To the OP.......How many Kucinich wants Obama impeached threads do we need????? .

Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,347,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Third party?

Ron Paul?

Nevermind,vote for Obama again,then complain about how he is doing such a bad job for another four years...
Didn't say he was doing a bad job. I'm not complaining about him doing a bad job. I'm complaining about this war nonsense. I hate wars more than i like him. It's really that simple.

And Ron Paul? Nope. He's a Republican. I don't vote for Republicans in national elections. I'm not a masochist.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,347,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Where did you get the idea that your not cra....??????
You know me from somewhere? Have you and i met?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies