Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 AM

8,645 posts, read 9,159,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I think we need a laughing emoticon. And a middle finger emoticon for the last line. You have not lived a day in my shoes so you have no idea what I've had to deal with concerning the family member who has essentially defrauded the SSDI system. That is all.

ETA: No, you do not need to pay off anybody. You just have to be a good enough faker. Not everyone has to go through appeals. Ironically enough, the family member who actually IS deserving of SSDI had to appeal twice before he was approved. Tells you how good the system works, doesn't it?
Your relative is ripping off SSI, aka welfare, not the same as SSDI. The person who was was rejected twice was SSDI. 90% of those who apply SSDI are denied, which means most do have to appeal, where as those who are stone broke, hardly ever worked or worked at all, no assets and is under the weather can fake the welfare system and most likely will receive SSI. SSI does not come out of the SS trust fund but is moneys from the state and federal general fund and the amounts of monthly cash out and medicaid is much less than one who worked, paid into SS.

As far as you having to deal with a bum of a relation. Try taking care of an extremely ill wife of 30 years and at the same time fighting the system that she paid into for 30 years with her hard earned money just to be denied 3 times over 3.5 years while she becomes bedridden and crippled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:18 PM

63 posts, read 105,238 times
Half a vote!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 AM

873 posts, read 1,806,911 times
Yes. Anybody on public assistance should not be allowed to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I completely understand that it is a constitutional right for every American citizen to vote, with notable exceptions.

That being said, is it time for a constitutional amendment taking that right away from people who have no skin in the game?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,990,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Is it your fault that the powers that be want your job to go to China or India?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,969,997 times
Ahhh the right just keeps showing their true colors, good, now people will see you for what you are, keep doing it the Nation needs to be awakened to your threat.
Casper

Old 09-10-2011, 11:36 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,881,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Give the vote bake to felons. Let everyone vote. The people that have had their livelihood taken away from them it isn't their fault, Everyone should vote and be proud of it.
I'm with you.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:47 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,510,627 times
Quote:
I completely understand that it is a constitutional right for every American citizen to vote, with notable exceptions.

That being said, is it time for a constitutional amendment taking that right away from people who have no skin in the game?

Depends on how you define skin in the game. Some people suggest renters shouldn't have a right to vote on property taxes because those taxes are paid directly by landlords.

If I have a lease that requires me to pay the property taxes, do I now have skin in the game?

Michigan has a "nonhomestead tax" which is levied on second homes including rental property, and not levied on owner-occupied primary residences. Are you suggesting that a homeowner who owns no nonhomestead property have the right to vote on the nonhomestead tax while a renter who effectively bears the nonhomestead tax in the form of inflated rent not have the right to vote on this tax?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,372,545 times
Quote:
Why?

because hes a democrat
without the entitlement vote they would never win another election.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,510,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Is there long term unemployment? I've been wondering how long I can milk this thing for. And don't say I'm not contributing to society; I'm spending my UI bucks up a storm on E-Bay and keeping money circulating in the economy. Besides, I smell yummy.

You're not supposed to be SPENDING on eBay. Look at eBay as a vast grid of moneymaking opportunities. After several unfruitful attempts (I didn't lose money but the infinitesimal profits were a colossal waste of time - worked out to about 3 cents per hour) I found a niche where I can make money (re)selling stuff.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,837 times
Quote:

yes!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies