Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 12:27 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,487,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Just curious, how do you know his mother had it.
obama mentions seeing it among her things in his book.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,330,625 times
Quote:
What difference does it make if his mother had it or his grandparents, maybe? I'll bet half the people in American can't find their very first birth certificates. My husband's got lost in a tornado and he didn't get a replacement copy for many decades. We used to have rental property and have even found documents like that left behind in the trash---angry break ups cause a lot of stuff to get thrown out that shouldn't be. The only thing of any importance here is that Obama's copy of his birth certificate has been authenticated by the state of Hawaii. It's real and it's legal. End of story.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:15 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,281,196 times
Quote:
As has been stated in this thread, he wrote about it in his book "Dreams From My Father"

On Page 26, Obama writes:

“I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school,”

Old 04-24-2011, 01:17 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,626 times
Dreams from My Father: A Story of ... - Google Books

"I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school. It's a short piece, with a photograph of him. No mention is made of my mother or me, and I'm left to wonder whether the omission was intentional on my father's part, in anticipation of his long departure. Perhaps the reporter failed to ask personal questions, intimidated by my father's imperious manner; or perhaps it was an editorial decision, not part of the simple story that they were looking for. I wonder, too, whether the omission caused a fight between my parents."

It appears Obama did have a copy of his birth certificate
in high school. Really - that's all I wanted
to see.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
People do lose things, hell I lost mine, not sure exactly what, but noticed it around the time I moved n 09 and was packing and had to get a new copy from the vital records dept in NY. Fact of the matter is, he asked for and received a copy of his state certified birth certificate, it has been verified by the state and meets all U.S State Dept requirements.
It does not meet the basic requirement of showing he is a natural born citizen of the United States. That is the only requirement he has to meet. A true birth certificate of 1961 would have had his father as Negro, not Kenyan. Second of all, Kenya was under British authority, so he would be a dual citizen of Britain. A dual citizen is not a natural born citizen. I know you want to pretend that nbc is the same as naturalized - but that is a misinterpretation of the founders intent. I know you've heard this all before, but them's the facts.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:33 AM

86 posts, read 162,358 times
Quote:
It does not meet the basic requirement of showing he is a natural born citizen of the United States.
Yes, it does.

Do you honestly think that he pulled some great scam in which he scammed not only the state of Hawaii, but the entire country, its population, its government, etc.?

Certainly you can't be that daft.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 AM

22,214 posts, read 19,512,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It does not meet the basic requirement of showing he is a natural born citizen of the United States. That is the only requirement he has to meet. A true birth certificate of 1961 would have had his father as Negro, not Kenyan. Second of all, Kenya was under British authority, so he would be a dual citizen of Britain. A dual citizen is not a natural born citizen. I know you want to pretend that nbc is the same as naturalized - but that is a misinterpretation of the founders intent. I know you've heard this all before, but them's the facts.
Natural born citizen is someone that was BORN in the United States, THE END.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhbv24 View Post
Yes, it does.

Do you honestly think that he pulled some great scam in which he scammed not only the state of Hawaii, but the entire country, its population, its government, etc.?

Certainly you can't be that daft.
Curious again, why would someone in New Zealand
even care.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:46 AM

86 posts, read 162,358 times
Quote:
Curious again, why would someone in New Zealand
even care.
Because I'm American, I just live in New Zealand, so I still have an interest in what goes on in the US, as it still influences many - most - people I know.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhbv24 View Post
Because I'm American, I just live in New Zealand, so I still have an interest in what goes on in the US, as it still influences many - most - people I know.
I know this is off topic, but how do you like
New Zealand as an American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.