Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times

Advertisements

Chernobyl clean-up expert slams Japan, IAEA | Reuters

and forgive the source, but Infowars makes a good argument w/links too:

» Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

It seems to me Japanese officials are clearly trying to hide the severity of what's going on here, to the detriment of the Japanese people and the entire world...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 01:19 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Governments lie.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
If they are, it is ulitmately pointless. As if others won't be able to detect the leaking radiation...

I love the Japanese and their culture (and especially their food), but one of the negative aspects of the culture is the practice of saving face. It could really get them into trouble if they try that stuff with this issue.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
They can't cover-up what glows in the dark.

When the birds start dropping from the sky again, and the fish begin washing ashore - (on the West Coast of the USA) there will be no way to cover that up.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Maybe they are not "playing the danger down"..

Maybe the sensationalist media and the tree huggers are "hyping the danger up"..

But of course we KNOW that never happens...........

Ahhhhh another conspiracy.... I love it..

Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Maybe they are not "playing the danger down"..

Maybe the sensationalist media and the tree huggers are "hyping the danger up"..

But of course we KNOW that never happens...........
It's hard to "hype up" something on the scale of Cherynobl, and there are 6 reactors melting down here. True the containment is far better on these plants but it is never infallable.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Nuclear crisis highlights history of 'cover-ups' - Yahoo!7 (http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/9009242/japan-nuclear-crisis-highlights-history-of-cover-ups/ - broken link)

Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's hard to "hype up" something on the scale of Cherynobl, and there are 6 reactors melting down here. True the containment is far better on these plants but it is never infallable.

I have yet to see any media report comparing Japan's reactor problems to Chernobyl, not even the Russians:

Chernobyl-like disaster in Japan impossible, Russian scientists say

Chernobyl-like disaster in Japan impossible, Russian scientists say - English pravda.ru

I have seen a few interviews with experts and they basically all say the same thing, the media is hyping the disaster aspects of this to new heights..

BTW, the Russian reactors had NO containment shells.......

Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I love the Japanese and their culture (and especially their food), but one of the negative aspects of the culture is the practice of saving face. It could really get them into trouble if they try that stuff with this issue.
I have to wonder: why? Japan, you just has a freaking 9.0 earthquake and tsunami. No coastal nuclear plant in the world is gonna weather that OK.

We understand, mkay? Now spit out the truth and get some more 'effing help over there!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:33 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I have yet to see any media report comparing Japan's reactor problems to Chernobyl, not even the Russians:

Chernobyl-like disaster in Japan impossible, Russian scientists say

Chernobyl-like disaster in Japan impossible, Russian scientists say - English pravda.ru
As someone who used to post on Pravda's web board some years ago, let me warn you that they are not exactly a reliable source of information.

Pravda is currently run by some rabid neo-Communist Russian nationalists who take great liberties with the facts...

I don't have any reason to disbelieve this story in particular, but I'd stay away from Pravda articles if I were you.

They are like the Russian version of the National Enquirer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies