Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:08 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,657,099 times

Advertisements

The SCARY thing about Jackson (and many more like him) is that people actually elect these idiots into office. And we wonder why our country is so f*cked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 07:15 PM

19,067 posts, read 14,364,686 times
America, a government of the bribers, by the bribers, for the bribers, top dollar paid.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,182,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Wow!! FDR said that??

I've never heard that before!!

I don't if FDR said it, I know I've never heard it.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes. I know what he said and I already quoted part of it in my rebutal.
I read and listened to him. He said VERY CLEARLY that we should add to the constitution that everyone deserves a decent home and schools and everyone an IPOD and Laptop. I provided you the exact quote. I did not quote the entire speech because it is not allowed on CD but it was completely in context..
I can't even believe you will not admit this. Is there some kind of deficit going on here or is this a joke?

The only deficit here is your quote. It was made out of context. You did not provide it in full, as I have proven.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I listened to it.

Leftist drivel that is so ludicrous even Pelosi must struggle to keep from laughing.

However.....to be fair, I do recall none other than Newt Gringrich advocating that every kid should be given a laptop, presumably for learning and efficiency purposes. He did not mention iPods, but they were not invented yet when I read his statements.

So maybe a Gingrich-Jackson fusion ticket for 2012?

I just threw up in my mouth.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I give up. I've looked on CSPAN, used the search function for "transcripts", "Jesse Jackson Jr." etc. and did not locate the transcript so I don't know what JJJ said in its entirety.

Apparently, he was referring to FDR's "Second Bill of Rights" speech, in which he did mention those things JJJ also mentioned but the first part of FDR's speech contained this:

"The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;"

after which he also spoke of what we heard JJJ refer to i.e. decent housing, a good education, adequate medical care.

Did JJJ include that first part in his speech on the floor of the House? I don't know but I do suggest he took FDR's "Second Bill of Rights" speech further than FDR himself would have taken it, were he still alive today.
I provided the link.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 AM

146 posts, read 226,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
After reading all this, one word comes to mind, 'Pontification'.

I have one request. Can you drop the 'Gator' from your 'name'. Thank you.
Actually, no I won't.

People have the freedom to engage in distortions here, or anywhere else, all that they want. This thread is a perfect example of the types of outright lies and distortions that have come to characterize American politics lately, particularly on the right-wing (though liberals are of course far from immune, e.g. Alan Grayson's deceitful, disgraceful video that tried to make his Republican opponent appear to be a misogynist.) People like me have the freedom to call them out on their BS, which I will always do. In my humble opinion, if we are going to return political discourse in this country back to a matter of facts and reason as opposed to lies, fantasy Beck-style conspiracy theories, distortions, and ad hominem attacks, we need to start calling folks out far more often when they attempt to pull the type of sophistry as the OP committed by his silly, unfounded assertion.

And that's my last word on this particular subject.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,325,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
Actually, no I won't.

People have the freedom to engage in distortions here, or anywhere else, all that they want. This thread is a perfect example of the types of outright lies and distortions that have come to characterize American politics lately, particularly on the right-wing (though liberals are of course far from immune, e.g. Alan Grayson's deceitful, disgraceful video that tried to make his Republican opponent appear to be a misogynist.) People like me have the freedom to call them out on their BS, which I will always do. In my humble opinion, if we are going to return political discourse in this country back to a matter of facts and reason as opposed to lies, fantasy Beck-style conspiracy theories, distortions, and ad hominem attacks, we need to start calling folks out far more often when they attempt to pull the type of sophistry as the OP committed by his silly, unfounded assertion.

And that's my last word on this particular subject.
Heck, I agree with that, but you better start with the PC throwing liberal media, and hollywood 'celebrities'.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 AM

In Conclusion, the answer to the OP, (and according to the transcript of his speech),is No.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,546,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Just like some people ha! expecting something for not a thing! AND just who is going to pay for these ipods and laptops, Jesse himself, i truly doubt it.
Jesse Jr is a chip off the old block.

In 2009, Jackson was named one of the 15 most corrupt members of Congress by the liberal Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
Keepin it real.
And note it is a liberal watch group. Even the far left recognize one of their own as "most corrupt!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies