Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Why would ANYBODY take ANYTHING Jesse Jackson has to say seriously?

Pandering to poor blacks has been his gravy train since the beginning.

He'll say anything if he thinks it will keep him popular and paid by his demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 01:36 PM

4,152 posts, read 4,170,113 times
The constitutions should guarantee me food, money, women, home, luxury trips because I'm a human being. Just imagine how many jobs will be created just to serve ME!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 01:36 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
I listened to it.

Leftist drivel that is so ludicrous even Pelosi must struggle to keep from laughing.

However.....to be fair, I do recall none other than Newt Gringrich advocating that every kid should be given a laptop, presumably for learning and efficiency purposes. He did not mention iPods, but they were not invented yet when I read his statements.

So maybe a Gingrich-Jackson fusion ticket for 2012?

Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Yes. I know what he said and I already quoted part of it in my rebutal.
I read and listened to him. He said VERY CLEARLY that we should add to the constitution that everyone deserves a decent home and schools and everyone an IPOD and Laptop. I provided you the exact quote. I did not quote the entire speech because it is not allowed on CD but it was completely in context..
I can't even believe you will not admit this. Is there some kind of deficit going on here or is this a joke?

I provided the sentence in it's entire context. The transcript I used was from CSpan, your quote is enitrely out of context, and misleading.

If your going to quote Congressional blather, at least be honest enough to do it in context.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGator487 View Post
I didn't hear anything in that video that I disagreed with, and unlike most folks here I listened to the whole thing.

If one disagrees with the notion that housing, healthcare, and eduation should be proclaimed as the rights of men, that's fine, and we can certainly have that discussion ad nauseum. However, the OP was not attempting to argue about the substance of JJJ's remarks, but rather disingenuously distorted them to further propogate the prevalent right-wing myth that African Americans are consistently trying to wring another "freebie" out of the Federal government.
Gator, that is nice that you didn't hear anything that you disagreed with. So there is one of you out there.

But I find it very interesting that you stated that, "unlike most folks here I listened to the entire thing."

I find this surprising that you state that you know that "most folks here" (CD I assume) did not listen to the entire video.

How on earth would you know this? YOu make this statement as a fact.

It puts a big question mark on your entire post when you make such a statement because it speaks to your integrity.

It makes people view your postings with suspicion because we all know that you have no idea if 1% or 99% listened to the entire video (i can confirm I did), or even better read the transcript!

Last edited by Booya; 03-07-2011 at 01:57 PM..

Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why would ANYBODY take ANYTHING Jesse Jackson has to say seriously?
Pandering to poor blacks has been his gravy train since the beginning.

He'll say anything if he thinks it will keep him popular and paid by his demographic.
Oh I think everyone, well most everyone takes pretty much what Mr. Jackson says with a grain of salt. In my case I do have to take a peak because usually father and son are so outrageous, so over-the-top and clueless that it provides for great comic relief.

The funniest part is how both men take themselves so seriously. They are, IMO quite a hoot.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM

It's a lot like people misquoting Limbaugh when people say he hopes Obama fails, when, read in context, it's clear he did not.

Same thing, Different assh***.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Oh I think everyone, well most everyone takes pretty much what Mr. Jackson says with a grain of salt. In my case I do have to take a peak because usually father and son are so outrageous, so over-the-top and clueless that it provides for great comic relief.

The funniest part is how both men take themselves so seriously. They are, IMO quite a hoot.

It took him almost an hour to finish. My head would have exploded long before he finished.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
I'm wondering if any of you--Left or Right--listened carefully enough to realize that there was a break in the continuity of the video at 1:27, at which point JJJ starts saying, "He says......". I take that to mean he is quoting someone. Apparently, JJJ is embracing what someone else said and we have no idea who he is quoting. JJJ is still an idiot but so is whoever he is quoting and I'm just curious enough to want to know who the other idiot is.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:50 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
read the transcript!
Where did you find the transcript?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies