Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,658,656 times

Advertisements

Isabel Friedman asked Newt the following question: "You adamantly oppose all gay rights......but you yourself have been married THREE TIMES and admitted to having had an affair with your current wife; while you were STILL MARRIED to your second wife.....So how do you reconcile this sanctimonious and hypocritical interpretation of religious values that you so vigorously defend?"

It seems some of these folks need to clean out their own closets before judging and trying to do harm to others. How's that go....JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED YOURSELF!

I call it....kettle meet black!

And for those of you who will say you're sick of gay threads......I ask you......WHY ARE YOU READING THIS THREAD THEN!!!!! .

Newt Gingrich asked about gays and hypocrisy at UPenn | News Story on 365gay.com

Newt Gingrich confronted over affair - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

PhillyChitChat.com

Newt Gingrich Gets Confronted Over His Personal Morality, Or Lack Thereof

Cinnamonape: Of course he believes in "serial forgivenes*s". Every time he
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 AM

38,805 posts, read 26,657,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Isabel Friedman asked Newt the following question: "You adamantly oppose all gay rights......but you yourself have been married THREE TIMES and admitted to having had an affair with your current wife; while you were STILL MARRIED to your second wife.....So how do you reconcile this sanctimonious and hypocritical interpretation of religious values that you so vigorously defend?"

It seems some of these folks need to clean out their own closets before judging and trying to do harm to others. How's that go....JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED YOURSELF!

And for those of you who will say you're sick of gay threads......I ask you......WHY ARE YOU READING THIS THREAD THEN!!!!! .

Newt Gingrich asked about gays and hypocrisy at UPenn | News Story on 365gay.com

PhillyChitChat.com

Who says the only objections to homosexuality are religious ones?

Aside from any religious or moral convictions, I find homosexual sex to be unnatural, unhealthy and unproductive.

AIDS wouldn't have spread to innocent children, hemophiliacs and blood and organ recipients in the US if gay men weren't BFin' each other. How about gays take some responsibility for that.

While we're on the issue of morality, where were liberals when Bill (it is the right thing to do) Clinton was in office?

Last I heard he was still wildly popular in liberal land.

No hard feelings for Bubba because he toes the gay line?

How wonderfully convenient for you.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:02 AM

446 posts, read 652,828 times
Quote:

PhillyChitChat.com

Heh heh. Newty-Newt needed that little bombshell asked him. Of course, that he dodged the question shocks me about as much as seeing a mosquito in the summertime.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:49 AM

25,146 posts, read 54,162,704 times
Heterosexual women get cervical cancer all the time due to HPV: if they have children it can be spread to the child.

Let's not just look at gay people and their flaws: heterosexual people clearly have more flaws than just HPV, e.g., they've contributed to overpopulation. Don't believe me? Then look at all of those families on welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who says the only objections to homosexuality are religious ones?

Aside from any religious or moral convictions, I find homosexual sex to be unnatural, unhealthy and unproductive.

AIDS wouldn't have spread to innocent children, hemophiliacs and blood and organ recipients in the US if gay men weren't BFin' each other. How about gays take some responsibility for that.

While we're on the issue of morality, where were liberals when Bill (it is the right thing to do) Clinton was in office?

Last I heard he was still wildly popular in liberal land.

No hard feelings for Bubba because he toes the gay line?

How wonderfully convenient for you.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,613,586 times
Quote:

PhillyChitChat.com

I do see the hypocrisy in what you are saying. Agreed!

And while I am a conservative/republican, I also feel for the gay community and understand the need for gay rights on so many issues. I have very dear friends whom are gay and have watched some of their struggles and think it is very unfair and I applaud every advancement I see for their rights and their acceptance and equality.

I enjoy your posts on trying to educate people from the gay community perspective.

However, in my opinion, I think your message would be a lot better received if they had better, kinder, words and did not seem so full of hatred from those you feel don't accept you and so full of a 'ha, ha, nah, nah, got you' attitude. Sometimes delivery of a message is everything - and I deliver messages in the wrong way sometimes, also - but you do have a great message to deliver, so deliver it in a postive way for a positive outcome.

Just saying.....

Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 AM

3,326 posts, read 3,190,872 times
Quote:

PhillyChitChat.com

It's nice to see the liberal/leftist students keeping him from speaking. Just what is it you guys have against free speech anyway? Phui, talk about hypocracy.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 AM

30,532 posts, read 19,052,622 times
Quote:

PhillyChitChat.com

Newt is a pig. If a man cheats on his wife (wives in this case), how can we trust him to be honest with us?

I think that infidelity among politicians is quite telling.

I was at a golf tournament in Florida about 4-5 years ago watching my kid play against other US juniors. The father of one of the kids was the PR and pollster for John Edwards. He told me what a great guy Edwards was and that he really cared for the people. I told him he appealed to me as a guy pre-occupied with his hair and had a demeanor that suggested he would be cheating on his wife- in short- I did not trust him. The guy assured me he was a great family man and was the picture of fidelity.

When something does not smell right, usually it is not right. Newt is a pig and an embarrassment.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 AM

45,544 posts, read 26,869,826 times
Infidelity runs rampant in the gay community.
The entire premise of this thread is an exercise in hypocrisy.

And Gingrich's opinion on anything is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,917,183 times
Newt is a fine Republican specimen. I think he's got an op-ed in the Post coming up about the government shutdown. He'll discuss how Republicans should handle the upcoming governnment brouhaha.

Family values.

Family values are political and social beliefs that hold the nuclear family to be the essential ethical and moral unit of society.

Newt just wanted to explore those beliefs in a lot of different ways, with women that weren't his wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6BKR...layer_embedded
Mark Foley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6rSj...layer_embedded
Ted Haggard advised George Bush in weekly meetings. Every Monday, if I recall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8C3tR9Yl4g
Larry Craig holding a press conference to apologize for not being gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmeGpAzPIho
Bob Allen...crusing for sex.

Glenn Murphy Jr. charged with class B felony » Clark County (The Evening News) » Evening News and Tribune
Glenn Murphy Jr. Unwanted gay oral sex when the other guy is asleep is a class B felony, Republican dude.

I think the Republicans having an anti-gay platform is absurd, considering how many gay members are - or were - in their party.

FoxNews.com - Former Republican Committee Chairman Announces He's Gay

Maybe these guys can mix it up a bit.

http://www.goproud.org/

GOProud represents gay conservatives and their allies. GOProud is committed to a traditional conservative agenda that emphasizes limited government, individual liberty, free markets and a confident foreign policy. GOProud promotes our traditional conservative agenda by influencing politics and policy at the federal level

Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,086,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Heterosexual women get cervical cancer all the time due to HPV: if they have children it can be spread to the child.

Let's not just look at gay people and their flaws: heterosexual people clearly have more flaws than just HPV, e.g., they've contributed to overpopulation. Don't believe me? Then look at all of those families on welfare.
Those "families on welfare" are caused by government interference in paying people to not work and, therefore, not forcing them to take responsibilities for their own actions. Put the blame where it belongs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies