Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,416,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
For example, if the definition of normal varies from individual to individual and no single standard of decency exists by which all are judged, what prevents the most deviant among us from applying this non-uniform standard so as to justify whatever they wish to do?

By what authority do you impose your values on them?

Why doesn't this authority (assuming it exists) apply to the majority of Americans such that the will of a minority may be imposed on them?
I am glad that you are asking these questions.

If you would advance another couple of steps you would probably come to the one inevitable conclusion on your own.

We restrict one person's rights when they impose upon another's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 12:32 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

If you would advance another couple of steps you would probably come to the one inevitable conclusion on your own.

Touche'........a lesson our country needs to learn yet!...In other words if someone is not hurting you.....or others....then why do some people feel it's their duty and right to interfere in their lifes??????. I think some folks just live to hate!.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:44 AM

38,802 posts, read 26,632,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

And if we take it one more step we find we cannot all have whatever rights we imagine while maintaining common standards of decency. Those decency standards may be inconvenient for those who hold opposing views, but the alternative is anarchy based on the rule of every fickle and conflicting minority.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 AM

ROFLMFAO........I just gotta admit.......Newt's a hoot.......he's formally forgiven GOD now.....can you spell megalomania?????

Megalomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CGJk7SVpD0

Old 02-28-2011, 03:42 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,657,302 times
Quote:
And if we take it one more step we find we cannot all have whatever rights we imagine while maintaining common standards of decency. Those decency standards may be inconvenient for those who hold opposing views, but the alternative is anarchy based on the rule of every fickle and conflicting minority.
I wonder if it is possible to use this argument to create an amendment that strips the rights of black people and women? Because they were the first minority groups in America to get rights

I'm not racist or a male chauvinist.

It so happens that I think black people and women having rights created the rolling step towards an anarchist society and we should show every minority group that we are not playing favorites and that we hate everyone equally by stripping those rights that were given to them.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I wonder if it is possible to use this argument to create an amendment that strips the rights of black people and women? Because they were the first minority groups in America to get rights

It so happens that I think black people and women having rights created the rolling step towards an anarchist society and we should show every minority group that we are not playing favorites and that we hate everyone equally by stripping those rights that were given to them.
ROFL......good point......equal opportunity hatred, judging....and discrimination......now that's American. .

Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 PM

38,802 posts, read 26,632,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post

Heterosexual white males are not a minority group?

Last I heard females were 53% of the population.

Doesn't that mean females decide every election?

Doesn't that mean any group allied with females may assert their will over heterosexual white males?

Ever notice laws enacted to protect the rights of females and racial minorities don't protect the 37% of the population who are white males?

How does a minority group which composes less than 37% of the population protect itself from the double-standards imposed by the majority allied against them?

Can you name any group(s) besides heterosexual white males which are legally subjected to race and gender discrimination?

Be sure to let me know when white males are eligible to be equal.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,859,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Isabel Friedman asked Newt the following question: "You adamantly oppose all gay rights......but you yourself have been married THREE TIMES and admitted to having had an affair with your current wife; while you were STILL MARRIED to your second wife.....So how do you reconcile this sanctimonious and hypocritical interpretation of religious values that you so vigorously defend?"
Nothing shows a gal how much mankind adores her than when they beat up a gay to defend us.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:35 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,846,407 times
Quote:
Who says the only objections to homosexuality are religious ones?

Aside from any religious or moral convictions, I find homosexual sex to be unnatural, unhealthy and unproductive.

AIDS wouldn't have spread to innocent children, hemophiliacs and blood and organ recipients in the US if gay men weren't BFin' each other. How about gays take some responsibility for that.

While we're on the issue of morality, where were liberals when Bill (it is the right thing to do) Clinton was in office?

Last I heard he was still wildly popular in liberal land.

No hard feelings for Bubba because he toes the gay line?

How wonderfully convenient for you.
1) Homosexuality is found in a variety of species. There have been several twin studies (even with twins RAISED in different families) that show a higher than coincidental occurrence of male homosexuality. We do not expect 100% since there are also environmental factors (epigenetics). Also there are societal pressures in which a person simply lies on a survey. This occurs fairly frequently.

2) There is the whole evolutionary stance that homosexuality is simply a martyr trait. That the female relatives of male homosexuals are more fertile than the general population.

3)More straight people in the US have AIDS than homosexuals, as a percentage of population.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Nothing shows a gal how much mankind adores her than when they beat up a gay to defend us.
She got the "better of him" as most students got up and walked out when he simply tried to avoid the question by deflecting from the issue...a typical response....on his part. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies