Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Remember the tea partiers who would not let their elected officials speak at town halls? Their expressed purpose was to NOT LET THEM SPEAK without any regard for the consequences. How's that for addressing a concern or problem?

This is not an ideological thing despite your insistence that only liberals/leftists partake in it. Your irrational distortion of another person's point of view here is a good example of why people shout other people down, so you are, in essence, complaining about something that gets manufactured by your complaint! And, it's "hypocrisy", not what you wrote.
Instead of dealing with the issues I bring up in the thread...he responded with rhetoric and an attempt to deflect from the issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But Gay Americans don't go around acting like they are the paragons of social virtue like so many Conservatives do.

TOUCHE'......that's the point and intent for my thread. Plus we are not harming them...like they are trying to hurt the gay community.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Regarding the defense of marriage act it was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on September 21, 1996.

Being pure as the wind driven snow Bill Clinton would never be asked such a question by an unbiased reporter.
ROFL.....I never said I loved Clinton's bills or behaviours.....Clinton got IMPEACHED though; so I think if Newt can dish out hate, lies and pain to gay folks......he can take a few questions. Plus what happened to Newt over his breaking of the Ten Commandments.......not as serious as Bill being impeached.

And you too are simply deflecting away from the thread rather than addressing the issues....feel free to start a thread about Bill...unzipping......but this thread is about Newt's sexual forays.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
See, the whole thing is about what is morally right and wrong. And who decides? So Knute has the right to his opinion, and other folks have the right to their opinions, including opinions on Knute's lifestyle. Personally I do not say anything critical of gays or Knute Gingrich and his sexploits. I myself have had sexual relations while unwed with women who were also unwed. My dear old grandmother might not approve, but its not her call to make.
That's my point exactly...none of us are perfect...I know I'm not...I've made mistakes. But as you say who is he OR anyone to judge gay folks...that they don't even know.....and try to hurt and degrade us. Those who live in glass houses should never throw stones. And leave the judging to Our Lord.

I'm trying to get folks to see the light. He and those like him use people's fear and ignorance of gay folks to demonize us and blame us for the moral decline in our nation...we are all to blame and until we respect and stop hurting each other nothing is going to change.

He wants to anger and scare people with his rhetoric...to deflect from the real issues and emotionally charged people don't think "straight"(LOL...no pun intended). This way he divides us as a nation and he can push forward with his agenda...while everyone is too busy blaming and hating each other. IT'S GOT TO STOP!!!!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Heterosexual women get cervical cancer all the time due to HPV: if they have children it can be spread to the child.

Let's not just look at gay people and their flaws: heterosexual people clearly have more flaws than just HPV, e.g., they've contributed to overpopulation. Don't believe me? Then look at all of those families on welfare.

UPDATE: While having multiple sex partners may seem to be fun at the time, it is a risky thing to do and a very bad idea. Happy now?

Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
TO MOMONKEY>>>>>>

You're simply trying to deflect from Newt's hypocrisy rather than admitting he broke the Ten Commandments...nothing in that list against gay folks...unless I missed something....so you now see my point...who is he to judge others..

Your post(MOMONKEY) makes little sense But try this one. What's natural and normal for folks who think like you...means the majority. The majority of people are heterosexual and not gay....this does not mean gay folks are not normal...it's normal for us......to be this way....we are simply in the minority as it's supposed to be.

Now by your logic...the VAST MAJORITY of ALL lifeforms on Earth are ASEXUAL..........so by your way of thinking.....both heterosexuals and gays are a minority and therefore NOT "normal".

Actually, Jewish Law goes far beyond the Ten Commandments and most certainly does address homosexuality.

For Newt to be a hypocrite as you allege, he would have to be a closet homosexual condemning what he actually does.

If he attacked Bill Clinton for his infidelity to Hillary, he would be a hypocrite, but if Newt genuinely repented of his faithlessness to his own wife, he's good to go. Mind you, the same opportunity for repentance applies to Bubba. A humble "learn from my mistake" approach would be in order for both former cheaters, but as long as they don't forget to acknowledge their own misdeeds, they may speak against infidelity.

This discussion has little to do with wrong doing, repentance or forgiveness. What it does reflect is the need for liberals who are unable to defend their inconsistent positions with consistent logic to silence those who argue effectively against them.

For example, if the definition of normal varies from individual to individual and no single standard of decency exists by which all are judged, what prevents the most deviant among us from applying this non-uniform standard so as to justify whatever they wish to do?

By what authority do you impose your values on them?

Why doesn't this authority (assuming it exists) apply to the majority of Americans such that the will of a minority may be imposed on them?

Last edited by momonkey; 02-27-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM

So I thank you for your post and will try to remember to not drop down to my opponents way of "doing business".....

Classic.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
No, the intent was to shut down the meetings altogether. That's not just disagreeing, that's destructive to the process.

Have a link?

Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Aside from any religious or moral convictions, I find homosexual sex to be unnatural, unhealthy and unproductive.

AIDS wouldn't have spread to innocent children, hemophiliacs and blood and organ recipients in the US if gay men weren't BFin' each other. How about gays take some responsibility for that.
Aside from any religious or moral convictions, I equally find heterosexual sex to be unnatural, unhealthy, and unproductive as well. Tit for tat. If you want to have children, just use a turkey baster and a petri dish. Less messy and gross

I think you need to brush up on your education. While HIV/AIDS may have been spreaded quickly via unsafe sex between gay men, it is primarily the fault of straight people that the virus has spread to innocent children, hemophiliacs, and blood/organ recipients. Doctors knew that the blood being donated back then contained the virus. Yet they still used it anyways. And it's only in Amercia where transmission is prevalent among gays. Everywhere else, it's straight people.

Honestly, it seems to me that you have issues with gay people. I recommend that you deal with it because it's probably causing you health problems.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Aside from any religious or moral convictions, I equally find heterosexual sex to be unnatural, unhealthy, and unproductive as well. Tit for tat. If you want to have children, just use a turkey baster and a petri dish. Less messy and gross

I think you need to brush up on your education. While HIV/AIDS may have been spreaded quickly via unsafe sex between gay men, it is primarily the fault of straight people that the virus has spread to innocent children, hemophiliacs, and blood/organ recipients. Doctors knew that the blood being donated back then contained the virus. Yet they still used it anyways. And it's only in Amercia where transmission is prevalent among gays. Everywhere else, it's straight people.

Honestly, it seems to me that you have issues with gay people. I recommend that you deal with it because it's probably causing you health problems.
They just want to blame those "dang gays" for everything(makes them feel better about their SHORTcomings)......very immature IMHO and shows their ignorance and lack of education, as you state: Most countries with a high HIV Infection Rate are that way because of heterosexual sex.

For instance Botswana has a HIV infection rate of 24%.....and we know it certainly is not that high from gay relations! The African continent has the world's highest rates of infection.

List of countries by HIV/AIDS adult prevalence rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worldwide AIDS & HIV Statistics

http://data.unaids.org/pub/GlobalRep...encemap_en.pdf

Children also acquire HIV from their mothers.....so how he blames gays for that shows the convoluted logic within some inherent thought processes and/or simply hateful bigotry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies