Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,128,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
then you've come up with a standard that no US president to date can meet.

Well you will have to prove that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,586,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I haven't seen that. The reporting I've seen hasn't specified that. Where did you hear that?
in the bill....

http://nebraskalegislature.gov/Floor...ntro/LB654.pdf

"A certified copy of my first original long-form birth certificate issued shortly after the time of my birth..."

Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Well you will have to prove that one.
can do.

carter was the first president born in a hospital:

Presidential Trivia (http://www.nps.gov/pub_aff/pres/trivia.htm - broken link)

reagan's BC wasn't issued till he was 31

http://image24.webshots.com/24/2/75/...4PxjYaQ_ph.jpg

george h w bush was born at home.

George H. W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

neither bush or reagan would be able to provide a "long-form" that you require. nor would ford or any president before him.

did i prove that one?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
The long form birth certificate with state seal. Not the shortened copy with just scant info. hussein obama first put a copy on the internet with no seal. People pointed it out and all of a sudden it was reposted with a seal. hussein obama made a comment in public that he had carried his BC folded up in his pocket for years. People pointed out there were no folds in the BC he posted. Oh lookie the BC was reposted with folds!

His actions, ONLY his actions make him questionable!
wow. i glanced by this comment without giving it the respect/attention it needs.

"The long form birth certificate with state seal."

- actually if you adjust the color levels and saturation on the lo-res internet version you can see the seal.

" hussein obama first put a copy on the internet with no seal. People pointed it out and all of a sudden it was reposted with a seal."

- are you talking about the original scan vs the factcheck photos? do you understand the basics between a flatbed scanner and a hand held camera ?

" People pointed out there were no folds in the BC he posted."

yep. anyone that owns and uses a scanner will know that folds rarely show up in basic default settings ( ... before you say that you do own a scanner and know how they work... i'd suggest you read this thread ).

"hussein obama made a comment in public that he had carried his BC folded up in his pocket for years"

- not exactly. he mentioned coming across it ( in his book ) in high school in his parent's drawer in reference to another document. the "folded up in his pocket for years" is either BS or a misperception.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM

i'd still like to hear from more people on this. is it, in your opinion, a waste of money or an important "sacrifice fly"?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,575,239 times
Quote:
You can try to cover from hussein obama all you want but I am not buying your lines. Everyone in my family (including relatives) has all that info on their BC including my mothers and fathers. I know this because all do the family geneology.

The DNC was the people that gave full faith and credit for hussein obama. Do you think we should have faith in them? If so you are highly mistaken. Wether you like it or not, many people question hussein obama and this is an issue that will become bigger and bigger. The more his minions fight against it the more they make people believe even they have no faith he is a natural born citizen.
What State? This sounds like a desperate lie, so prove it, let us know the state.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM

256 posts, read 217,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What State? This sounds like a desperate lie, so prove it, let us know the state.
Why would it make any difference? Let's say that there do exist states that include such information. So what? As long as there is at least one state that does not have the information, it would be impossible to require the information.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:17 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,404,549 times
Quote:
easily.

all states must accept and respect documents from other states as fact if they meet a federal standard.
Well, fine!

If Montana must accept on faith and credit stuff from Hawaii, so too then must Hawaii accept verified faith and credit scoring stuff from Montana.

You think that because Hawaii was first that it dominates?

Montana was a State before Hawaii.

Hawaii's last in line for faith and credit.

Even Alaska is ahead of Hawaii for establishment of faith and credit.

Hawaii is such a loser State.

Hind tit.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,501,323 times
Quote:
nebraska just became the latest of 10 states proposing "eligibility" bills. the problem with nearly all of them is that they are unconstitutional. most of the bills include one or both of the following:

A): requires an "original long-form birth certificate from near the time of birth".

B): proof that the candidate wasn't a duel citizen at the time of birth.

the problem with A is that it violates the "full faith and credit" clause of the constitution. not to mention the fact that nearly all of our presidents would have failed at this task ( reagan didn't receive his first birth certificate till he was in his 30's. eisenhower didn't till he was in his 60's ). most presidents didn't have a birth certificate of any kind.

the problem with B is that it adds a requirement to the constitution for presidential eligibility. something a state cant do. again, unconstitutional.

arizona has also taken it a step further and demands proof that the candidate has resided in the country for the past 14 years. the constitution says nothing about the "14 year residency" be the previous 14...... or that they even have to be continuous. so, yet again, unconstitutional.

so my question, especially for the birthers, is....

do you feel these bills are a waste of time and money or do you feel they are important?
I can never run for pres, dang! Mine is a Pennsylvania short form and it was issued 16 years after my birth. My DH's is a Nebraska longer (than mine) form, but it still doesn't include everything some of these birthers want, and it was issued 32 years after his birth. He can't run either! Rats!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,404,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I can never run for pres, dang! Mine is a Pennsylvania short form and it was issued 16 years after my birth. My DH's is a Nebraska longer (than mine) form, but it still doesn't include everything some of these birthers want, and it was issued 32 years after his birth. He can't run either! Rats!
Well, see now, that narrows the playing field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies