Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ummm....I think it's fairly obvious this bunch from anonymous are far, far leftists. I mean surely you wouldn't consider them conservatives or moderates would you? They are out to undermine US foreign policy, they are against both wars, any war really, they are set against exposing all of the US "secrets". Assange IS a hero for this group and others like it, they completely support what he is doing. They claim to support the free-speech of wikileaks, that put our men, women servicing this nation at great peril with the drip, drip, drip of classified, sensitive diplomatic cables, defense information, war documents.

Will you really try to deny this isn't the work of far leftists?

According to ABC, this same group that attacked Paypal, MC and the others, is the same group that attacked Palin's website. Tapper put up a screenshot of the file found in the log files of the server.

I mean, what more proof do you need
?
I need evidence, which actually constitutes proof. Not your conjured belief that it must be so as that isn't evidence of anything but your opinion.

Do you even know who these people are, how many, their political leanings, country of origin, anything? No, you don't. Thus you are simply making stuff up as you go along.

Next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 09:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Palin's facebook page is NOT on the same level as Visa, Mastercard, etc.
This is turning into a global infowar of some possibly mega proportion.

The people outside of the US..heck many of the people in side the US do not care about Palin.
She obviously thinks she's that important but she's nothing in this wikileaks story.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Palin's facebook page is NOT on the same level as Visa, Mastercard, etc.
This is turning into a global infowar of some possibly mega proportion.

The people outside of the US..heck many of the people in side the US do not care about Palin.
She obviously thinks she's that important but she's nothing in this wikileaks story.

The very fact that a large number of "Palinisms" are issued forth from her Facebook page is exactly why it could be anyone. I mean this woman ran as a candidate for VP and has suggested she may run for President during the next cycle and she acts like a teenage girl that didn't get invited to the prom dance. The very fact she is a laughing stock among actual political leaders who use her as tool during campaign seasons when they aren't busy rolling their eyes at the profound level of ignorance this woman has. Not to mention she has spit in the face of the establishment GOP this last election, those hacking DDOSing her Facebook or myspace or twitter or whatever could be anyone.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
The very fact that a large number of "Palinisms" are issued forth from her Facebook page is exactly why it could be anyone.
Well, according to ABC and the actual evidence they have seen - her website appearing on a list of targets to attack from this group, the screenshot of the log file from the server that ABC News has posted - what more proof do you need?

Maybe an admission by the group of their criminal activity would do it for you.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...n-payback.html

Exclusive: Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback'*

Again, where would you place assange on the political spectrum? Are you ok that he is trying to exact maximum damage on US foreign policy?

I just have to ask; Have you looked around the blogosphere lately about this guy? WHO is cheering him on? It certainly is not the right.

Last edited by sanrene; 12-08-2010 at 09:29 PM..

Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Well, according to ABC and the actual evidence they have seen - her website appearing on a list of targets to attack from this group, the screenshot of the log file from the server that ABC News has posted - what more proof do you need?

Are you speaking of Anonymous or the Assange bunch now?
I cant keep up....

Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
She's also reporting they went after her and her husband's credit cards.
This just doesn't fit the MO of Operation Payback.

And then she goes on to say ..."no wonder people are afraid to speak out against wikileaks..."

They are only jamming websites, not hacking into them.
I think she's emulating "Never let a good crisis go to waste"

Old 12-08-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Exclusive: Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback'* - Political Punch

Exclusive: Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback'*

Again, where would you place assange on the political spectrum? Are you ok that he is trying to exact maximum damage on US foreign policy?
I know what group is doing this but I have yet to see proof that they are "leftist" as YOU claim.

Do you know any of these members, do you know their political leanings or again are you just making stuff up?

From your very own post that I know you read but selectively forget.

Quote:
Anon_Ops describes itself as an "anonymous, decentralized movement which fights against censorship and copywrong." It has enlisted volunteers "create counter-propaganda, organizing attacks (DDoS) on various targets related to censorship (time, date and target will be published by that time)." For that reason, it is difficult to ascertain the exact motivation of any attacker.
I'm sure among all these hackers there is a leftist or two along with some conservatives, libertarians and a whole bunch of kids who couldn't give a rats patootie about politics, but as you posted in the OP, you stated as fact that it was some leftist group

Now prove it.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I cant keep up....
I can't follow the regurgitation from the Beck chalk board either. Its like reading the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon from a parallel universe conjured in the paranoid minds of the semi-conscious.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I cant keep up....
Well, it's fairly obvious who I'm talking about, but maybe you should read the ABC news piece so you'll know for sure. Of course, you could have already done that, it's a short piece, 5, 6 paragraphs.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I can't follow the regurgitation from the Beck chalk board either. Its like reading the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon from a parallel universe conjured in the paranoid minds of the semi-conscious.
Lol!
I'm telling you, its worse than an episode of Dynasty!

Quote:
Well, it's fairly obvious who I'm talking about, but maybe you should read the ABC news piece so you'll know for sure. Of course, you could have already done that, it's a short piece, 5, 6 paragraphs.
Dude, you gave me a virus once, and didnt even send me flowers.......you think I am gonna click on anything you provide?
Just so you know, Anonymous has people from all kinds of backgrounds, and all kinds of political leanings.
Be nice, or they'll come after you.....there are some of them on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies