Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,886,823 times

Advertisements

Can't say that I'm surprised. He probably thinks they will all be legal due to the Dream Act by that time. I sure do love the way we throw money away in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,902,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Did y'all condemn Bush for failing to secure the border too?

Just askin'.
That is indeed the "W" I was referring to.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:11 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,902,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Can't say that I'm surprised. He probably thinks they will all be legal due to the Dream Act by that time. I sure do love the way we throw money away in this country.
Sounds like a wet dream to me.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:13 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,886,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Did y'all condemn Bush for failing to secure the border too?

Just askin'.
Well, Bush didn't do enough but he started the fence and Obama came in and defunded it. I don't recall Bush filing suit against any of our states either.

I'm not sure if that equates to my Dad is bigger than your Dad or whatever you may have been looking for.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 AM

47,139 posts, read 26,355,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
And that is why our country is going to hell in a handbasket.
Because 550 National Guardsmen are withdrawn from the border?

Old 11-20-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Can't say that I'm surprised. He probably thinks they will all be legal due to the Dream Act...
If you don't know what the Dream Act does, you could look it up. Or you could show your ignorance - your call, I guess.

(Free hint: "Arrived as minors". Reading is very rewarding.)

Old 11-20-2010, 12:36 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,022,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because 550 National Guardsmen are withdrawn from the border?
Where should National Guardsmen be if not on the border most prone to unlawful crossings? You know, guarding the nation and all. Of course there have to be many more than 550. But even 550 is better than nothing. With the ability to shoot on sight.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Where should National Guardsmen be if not on the border most prone to unlawful crossings? You know, guarding the nation and all. Of course there have to be many more than 550. But even 550 is better than nothing. With the ability to shoot on sight.
I'm just a dumb immigrant who obviously knows nothing of US legal precedence, so I'll just drop the words "posse commitatus" and let you do your own Googling, howzat?

Old 11-20-2010, 12:54 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,022,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm just a dumb immigrant who obviously knows nothing of US legal precedence, so I'll just drop the words "posse commitatus" and let you do your own Googling, howzat?
Why should I care about what you 'drop' with no explanation? Are you attempting to communicate or are you here just to posture?

p.s. since you called yourself a 'dumb immigrant', did you jump the south border as well?

Old 11-20-2010, 06:41 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,726,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
You folks need to know that the National Guard has zero law enforcement authority. No military branch does, unless martial law is implemented. Which means, Guardsmen can't detain anyone. Who knows why Barry sent them there in the first place, but maybe that has something to do with why he's pulling them out - without the ability to actually capture anyone, the Guard has their hands tied and they can't do jacks**t at the border which effectively renders them 99% useless. I gave them 1% because they could still be additional eyes and ears for Border Patrol - then again we don't need the Guard for that. Volunteers do that for free.

I would've sent some Coast Guardies there (crazy as it sounds, I know) because they're the only defense arm that has always had law enforcement capabilities.
I'm sure the president, congress, or a state governor could authorize military troops to enforce something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies