Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times

Advertisements

It's sad that sexuality brings out the worst in people and otherwise reasonable people become dangerous bigots fed by a distorted notion of being Christians. Episcopalians and Lutherans are some of the largest Christian bodies in the world and they recognizing that homosexuality is a gift from God not a curse. God doesn't make people in his own image who are rejected by others. Christians who oppose gay marriage need to do some intense soul-searching because they are on thin ice that make crack under them some day. The U.S. can not be guided by people who hate and are ignorant otherwise we, as a nation, are no better than Iran.

Last edited by californio sur; 08-05-2010 at 12:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
chill out??? easy for someone to say that hasn't had to feel like they must "ask" for their rights by bigots who hide their bigotry in their religion..
you can call it what you want.. but bigotry is bigotry.. I refuse to make excuses for the "religious" people.. grow a friggin spine and a brain and think for yourself for once.. otherwise you end up a bigot by default and you inheret the label due to your own ignorance...jesus wouldn't be fighting to change governments and public policy.. he'd be a silent example of perfection.. in otherwords.. jesus wouldn't be a huge a$$hole about it.
Could be you're right. What do you think Jesus would say about sex?

Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
chill out??? easy for someone to say that hasn't had to feel like they must "ask" for their rights by bigots who hide their bigotry in their religion..
you can call it what you want.. but bigotry is bigotry.. I refuse to make excuses for the "religious" people.. grow a friggin spine and a brain and think for yourself for once.. otherwise you end up a bigot by default and you inheret the label due to your own ignorance...jesus wouldn't be fighting to change governments and public policy.. he'd be a silent example of perfection.. in otherwords.. jesus wouldn't be a huge a$$hole about it.
Jesus was the most tolerant person to ever walk the Earth! He preached to the poor, diseased, outcast, meek, downtrodden, sinners and saints. He loved mankind so much he sacrificed himself for it's salvation.

One might think, the devout followers of him would understand that at the center of his message is love.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
Its a mental disorder.I say the state needs to get the hell out of marriage period! People should not have to have the consent of a government entity to get married that would do away completely with all this crap. Marriage is and should be a contract between 2 people and God. I don't even understand why government is even in marriage? Someone care to explain that to me?
PLEASE educate yourself....your posts make you look foolish.....the APA decided over 25 years ago that ....guess what......being GAY is NOT a DISEASE OR MENTAL DISORDER. Show me the scientific literature to assert your FALSE claims...I'll show you mine if you show me yours

http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 (broken link)

Homosexuality and psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American Psychological Association Answers Your Questions About Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality (http://www.soulforce.org/article/643 - broken link)

Sexual Orientation, Homosexuality,and Bisexuality .

Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I'm not christian, so I don't care what jesus says about sex... but I do care when his self righteous "christian soldiers" impose their beliefs and standards on me and others.. When you are claiming a moral premis and looking to subject others to it.. YOU are in the position to atleast live it yourself.. not ask others what they think or to expound upon those principles for a logical discussion... because we don't care.. it's YOUR deal.. not OURS.. it's what YOU use to base your beliefs and morals upon.. YOU are responsible for making it all sit well with yourself.. those of us on the outside can see it for what it is.. respect and appreciate it for what it is.. but that respect and tolerance only lasts so long when you're inflicting pain and punishment upon others..and thinking you're completely justified in doing it!! it's time for people to say.. YOU"RE WRONG.. YOU"RE NOT JUSTIFIED.. and we've heard ENOUGH.. thanks but no thanks

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:
I'm not christian, so I don't care what jesus says about sex... but I do care when his self righteous "christian soldiers" impose their beliefs and standards on me and others.. When you are claiming a moral premis and looking to subject others to it.. YOU are in the position to live it yourself.. not ask others what they think... because we don't care.. it's YOUR deal.. not OURS
There are many ways to accomplish, population control.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartTheRevolution! View Post
ROFL. Name me some books I should read.I would be more than interested to read some good books. Go ahead.
I suggest starting with DR. SEUS...... Then work your way up to PLATO'S REPUBLIC..

Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Like Jesus never had a boner? Puhlease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post

Old 08-04-2010, 11:21 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
PLEASE educate yourself....your posts make you look foolish.....the APA decided over 25 years ago that ....guess what......being GAY is NOT a DISEASE OR MENTAL DISORDER. Show me the scientific literature to assert your FALSE claims...I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Homosexuality and psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American Psychological Association Answers Your Questions About Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality (http://www.soulforce.org/article/643 - broken link)

Sexual Orientation, Homosexuality,and Bisexuality .
I barked up this tree three times with him, and literally he had no idea he even made the comment.
Just goes to show. I even told him to go to the APA, haha. But nothing.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,383,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Jesus was the most tolerant person to ever walk the Earth! He preached to the poor, diseased, outcast, meek, downtrodden, sinners and saints. He loved mankind so much he sacrificed himself for it's salvation.

One might think, the devout followers of him would understand that at the center of his message is love.
The church in general is the last place anyone should go to seek guidance. As a catholic I know that celibate priests are so screwed up that they become the very people who they claim are sinful. The institution of Christianity is dangerously astray from the very person\ God they claim to worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies