Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,198,320 times

Advertisements

You dont see it as trying to persuade people's loyalties in the other direction?

That's funny. Are you not familiar with USAID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 05:17 PM

89,174 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You dont see it as trying to persuade people's loyalties in the other direction?

That's funny. Are you not familiar with USAID?
Yes, I'm familiar with USAID. I'm also familiar with what Obama appointee Shah said USAID's mission is under Obama's admin:
Quote:
Shah—whose experience in the development community included senior positions at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation—said the organization needed to focus more on helping developing nations build technology-based economies
Read the comments to the InfoWeek article to get an idea of how well this is going over...
U.S. To Train 3,000 Offshore IT Workers -- InformationWeek

Old 08-04-2010, 05:18 PM

13,006 posts, read 18,935,259 times
Quote:
It's not on Fox? Cos they're the MM.....

Im sure they'll be pushing the Sanrene version, though, soon enough

What do you mean, "battle plans"?
It seems to me that a few months ago they showed on TV a planned attack in Afghanistan. Maybe it wasn't classified, but seems unwise to put that out. Meanwhile an attack on U.S. jobs funded by its own taxpayers is covered up? It doesn't smell right. This news should be on the front page.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:20 PM

50,453 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It is bad enough that we have the unemployment we have now and to think that the government is going to spend tax dollars to promote even more off shoring is reprehensible. I don't even think Bush would have done this!
I agree with you for the first time ever. Is this candid camera?

Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, I'm familiar with USAID. I'm also familiar with what Obama appointee Shah said USAID's mission is under Obama's admin:

Read the comments to the InfoWeek article to get an idea of how well this is going over...
U.S. To Train 3,000 Offshore IT Workers -- InformationWeek
The InformationWeek article is preaching to the choir. You dont appear to be familiar with USAID since you're shocked, shocked by what it does, and dont appear to have a clue as to why.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
It seems to me that a few months ago they showed on TV a planned attack in Afghanistan. Maybe it wasn't classified, but seems unwise to put that out. Meanwhile an attack on U.S. jobs funded by its own taxpayers is covered up? It doesn't smell right. This news should be on the front page.
How is it being covered up? It's not an important story.

Edit -- Reading your post again... you dont seem to have read the article, maybe...?

But again, if there's the smallest ounce of Obama-hate to be wrung out of it, it'll appear on Fox in some guise, soon enough. It's ok, they'd rather you didnt read

Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 PM

89,174 posts, read 44,953,235 times
Quote:
The InformationWeek article is preaching to the choir. You dont appear to be familiar with USAID since you're shocked, shocked by what it does, and dont appear to have a clue as to why.
I know why... economic empowerment. Only Obama has morphed the original goal into his vision of wealth redistributing global social justice, as his appointee, Shah, explained. Millions of taxpayer dollars paid to train foreign workers to take Americans' IT jobs.

You support that?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Spend Fed money to train students in Sri Lanka.
Extend unemployment insurance in the US to displaced workers.
No training or re-training going on here though. Just send them a check every week..keep them dependent. Their jobs are gone and they have no money to retrain.

But that's ok..feel better that your tax dollars are going to train Sri Lanka people so they can do IT work for American companies. Pat yourself on the back for your "global caring".

Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I know why... economic empowerment. Only Obama has morphed the original goal into his vision of wealth redistributing global social justice, as his appointee, Shah, explained. Millions of taxpayer dollars paid to train foreign workers to take Americans' IT jobs.

You support that?
They are not being trained to take American workers' jobs. Please see the thread yours was joined with, or read the article carefully. You'll have to give a link to the Obama wealth distributing social justice mandate for USAID that Shah let slip accidentally please, I dont see mention of it anywhere -- or else maybe look up the history and purpose of USAID.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Spend Fed money to train students in Sri Lanka.
Extend unemployment insurance in the US to displaced workers.
No training or re-training going on here though. Just send them a check every week..keep them dependent. Their jobs are gone and they have no money to retrain.

But that's ok..feel better that your tax dollars are going to train Sri Lanka people so they can do IT work for American companies. Pat yourself on the back for your "global caring".
No training or retraining going on here? And -- do you really think it's a good idea to end USAID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies