Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That is only true once they get to a vote.

They are being blocked from getting to a vote.

You actually have no idea what this thread is even about, do you?
I do and the Pelosi is leaking out of you, IMO. In the Berwick case he had never been discussed in committee and, in fact, the chairman had not even scheduled that discussion. Don't blame Republicans for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
They want your first born!
Also your guns, we're coming for your guns.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Also your guns, we're coming for your guns.
Do you think that is true? These people seem to know something.

YouTube - NRA News UN Doomsday Treaty With Ginny Simone

Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here is a very depressing video of 0bama's White House Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs. He acts like a whiney petulant child in this video, as he complains why poor 0bama can't even be bothered with going thru the confirmation hearings anymore.

Video - Gibbs Gets Testy With Reporters Over Controversial Recess Appointment Of Berwick

What more do these pathetic clowns want? They complain, but they have 59 democrats in the senate, and a super majority in the congress, and a president from their party..... when the hell will any political party get all of this laid at their feet again??? And these guys act like ... <snif> ... it just ain't enough, only 59 in the senate, the presidency, and they have an insurmountable majority in the congress Oh... the humanity of it all
Wapasha !!! ...

Indeed this man appears to be acutely worrisome and exceedingly sardonic ! Not quite what one would expect to fill the important role of Press Secretary.

Unfortunately this man fits right in with HO and his entire "Not Quite Ready For Prime Time" WH Crew !

From watching the "Grand Media Secretary" on T.V. for some time now, it appears that he may succumb to a major mental melt down at any given moment when pressed for a straight answer to questions regarding any major issues.

There are so many peculiar folks involved in HO's WH Crew ! ..... Perhaps we should not be surprised at all by the dopey actions of yet another of it's charter members !!!

Thanks / Old Sgt. lamar

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
[BY the time Obama is done with Office, Bush would have been seen as a GOOD OLD BOY] AND Obama, just a boy who was not ready!
california-jewel !!! ...

You are absolutely correct !

Indeed ..... What were some Americans thinking when they voted for this tragically inexperienced Jr. Senator and community organizer for the highest political office in this nation ???

Rather were they thinking at all ?

We are all absolutely "In For It" during the next two years !!!

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Don't blame Republicans for that.
I'm not blaming anybody for anything.

Republican will play politics, and Obama will play back.

I am hopeful we see another 100 such recess nominations before the fall.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,652,857 times
Quote:
You mean... other than because there is nothing more to tell?

I already did. You even responded to it. Anterograde amnesia?
Guess you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
That is only true once they get to a vote.

They are being blocked from getting to a vote.
If you are talking about Berwick, he was not being blocked by republicans because his hearing was never even scheduled, Gibbs was clear as a bell, 0bama is simply a whiny, ineffectual little *****. They knew Berwick was such a bad choice that they bypasses normal channels for fear that people would see another Marxist appointee from 0bama.

Quote:
You actually have no idea what this thread is even about, do you?
Dude, I started the thread, I think i know what it's about. Its about a bunch of whiny, petulant democrats in the 0bama administration, and a whiny, ineffective president, who complain they can't get anything done thru normal channels, even with 59 senators from their side of the isle.

i asked the question "what more do they want?" What more do democrats need to ram thru their unpopular views, and unpopular administrative appointments?

Presidential administration can only dream of controlling both houses of congress with an overwhelming majority in the congress and 59 or 60 senators, and 0bama and Gibbs whine like they are in a statistical minority.

I think what we are seeing here reflects the polls that show only 20% of Americans define themselves a liberal, and we have a liberal administration finding it difficult to ram thru policies and views which only appeal to 20% of the population.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here is a very depressing video of 0bama's White House Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs. He acts like a whiney petulant child in this video, as he complains why poor 0bama can't even be bothered with going thru the confirmation hearings anymore.

Video - Gibbs Gets Testy With Reporters Over Controversial Recess Appointment Of Berwick

What more do these pathetic clowns want? They complain, but they have 59 democrats in the senate, and a super majority in the congress, and a president from their party..... when the hell will any political party get all of this laid at their feet again??? And these guys act like ... <snif> ... it just ain't enough, only 59 in the senate, the presidency, and they have an insurmountable majority in the congress Oh... the humanity of it all
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Let's all read that first post again and tell me who sounds like a whiny, ineffectual little *****.

I think they want the conservatives to quit throwing themselves in front of the wheels of any measure to help get the country back on it's feet again.
Sacrificing their country for political gain.

I'm glad you're actually watching videos of the people instead of just taking someone's word on it.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I have to wonder if congress is busy preparing apology speech to the president of toyota ;myself. Who called for those hearings and screwedup embrassing the country once again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies