Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Yea, and what about the contminated well water and faucets catching on fire.
what contaminated well water, and please tell me what's causing faucets catching on fire...seriously man, i'm begining to wonder about you. you said previously, you're not a "tree hugger", but you're true colors are begining to shine....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
hydraulic fracturing has never been regulated under SDWA
Why not?

Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
what contaminated well water, and please tell me what's causing faucets catching on fire...seriously man, i'm begining to wonder about you. you said previously, you're not a "tree hugger", but you're true colors are begining to shine....
Ya see, this is exactly what people like you do. You start getting your back against the wall, then you try to make responsibly concerned people look like nut cases so no one believes them. It's all about money and you won't convince me any differently.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Ya see, this is exactly what people like you do. You start getting your back against the wall, then you try to make responsibly concerned people look like nut cases so no one believes them. It's all about money and you won't convince me any differently.

my back's not against the wall...and i'm JUST as concerned as anyone else. the difference is, i seek the truth, and not some fanatical interpretation set out by some joe blow with a documentary on HBO!

answer my question...what is causing the faucets to catch fire? where are all these contaminated water wells?? i have provided the answers for you...so, it's actually an "open book" test!

also, "it's all about money", huh? do you rely on natural gas in any aspect of your life?? what about your friends or family?? are you blind to the fact that Natural Gas is an essential need in everyday life of many American's??

Old 06-25-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Why not?
good question...who are you gonna ask?? the big mean old oil and gas companies, or the Gov't??

Old 06-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Look, I don't have the energy to argue, all I am saying is, I have no problem with them drilling, as long as it is done responsibly and the EPA checks on a regular basis. I just don't know how you can drill 8,000 feet down, inject water and chemicals into the ground, fracture the surrounding rock and not contaminate the ground water?????????

Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Look, I don't have the energy to argue, all I am saying is, I have no problem with them drilling, as long as it is done responsibly and the EPA checks on a regular basis. I just don't know how you can drill 8,000 feet down, inject water and chemicals into the ground, fracture the surrounding rock and not contaminate the ground water?????????
fair enough...

about your question on drilling 8k feet down, it's complicated.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM

Good, I don't like internet arguements, it takes too much energy and I'm getting too old. Anyway if you can find me some info about how they don't contaminate the ground water I would gladly read and accept a reasonable explanation, I am open minded.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
After seeing the internet clip I was interested and able to watch the full video on HBO last night. I couldn’t believe that the gas drilling corporations and the method of drilling would be allowed to continue their practices of fracking. As the HBO documentary pointed out Dick Cheney was able to change the rules for clean water and exempting the gas industry from the clean water act.

This was an eye opener documentary and changed my entire view of moving to more gas energy in the nation. It appears that some of the posts have a view that this is propaganda. The websites that they provide to “debunk” the method of drilling are simply owned and operated by the very corporations that want to keep the practice going. The gas corporations appear to be just as bad as the oil industry, anything for profit!

It appears that anything Dick Cheney had his hands in and the industries that he is associated with are simply destroying the nation. Criminal actions need to be taken against these people. However once again the oil and gas industries are too powerful. Simply disgusting!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would think they would cement in well casings near the gas sources to prevent gas from leaking into the ground water along the outside of the casing. Maybe to save well development costs they left out this step.

Methane, like any other gas, dissolves in water in proportion to pressure. If the methane seeps along the casing and is dissolved in the ground water it would likely come out of solution when the tap is opened. If my sink provided fizzy water I would se if it was methane by trying to light it. If it burned I would talk to the gas company about supplying some less flammable water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies