Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,351,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Oh you're just embarassed that you voted for Bush both times and don't like it when B-Rock points out all of his mistakes. It's okay to be embarassed for voting for Bush both times. We understand.
Topic isnt Bush.. Is Bush your new standard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,377,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I feel embarrassed for the IDIOTS that honestly believed the McCain and Palin would be much better.

What? You don't like the white candidate? Well then you must be racist.....

Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,476,858 times
Quote:
I feel embarrassed for the IDIOTS that honestly believed the McCain and Palin would be much better.
As much as I didn't want McCain to be the R nom, he would have been a little better than Barry. But I think Sarah would have done a much better job than both the boys put together!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM

62 posts, read 35,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Thought I was watching Obama in that video talking about we need to work together and come together and then all he does is blame the other side.
Just look at what the Republicans are saying about him. That he is the cause of the recession and that simply is not the case - it started way before he was elected. And my point is simply that the video is a reminder of the Bush era and I would think the Republicans wouldn't want to do that.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 AM

31,302 posts, read 20,847,694 times
He clearly is more interested in establishing blame than fixing the problem. All that noise about legal action is totally premature. There will be plenty of time for that later.

People who jump on the blame game right away do so to divert attention from themselves. Obama does not want anyone to look too closely at his actions following the spill.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,879,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker View Post
Just look at what the Republicans are saying about him. That he is the cause of the recession and that simply is not the case - it started way before he was elected. And my point is simply that the video is a reminder of the Bush era and I would think the Republicans wouldn't want to do that.
Just what are they saying about him? Pointing out his hypocrisy? I havent seen a republican say he is the cause of the recession can you provide one that has?

So when you watch that video you think of Bush and not the hypocrisy from Obama and how his actions dont match his words? How one day he says one thing and then the next hes doing and saying the total opposite.

Bush has NOTHING to do with the context of this video.

Bush was terrible no doubt but Obama is worse. Heck I voted for neither but I'd take Bush over Obama right now.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,683,019 times
Quote:

Not "much" better, but they definitely would not be taking us down a deliberately destructive path toward a very weakened nation on every level, and a growing marxist form of government.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,637,386 times
Quote:
So you are actually saying that Palin, with her extensive experience in Alaska dealing with the oil industry problems, wouldn't be doing an infinitely better job in dealing with the oil cleanup than jimmy obama?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,197,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I havent seen a republican say he is the cause of the recession can you provide one that has?
I'm sorry if this is true, than what's the point of the latest finger pointing meme from the right?

It is germane to be reminded of the complex causes of the recession, which includes the WHO(s). So if Republican's agree that Obama is not the cause of the recession, is the real problem the :30 seconds Obama took out to make sure blame was affixed correctly? If he had been "working on the recession" as many of you claim he should have been, would those :30 seconds led to solving the deeply rooted economic problems?

Or is he supposed to say that the recession is his fault?

The president has little to no control over economic cycles as most of you probably know. He can influence (like by starting two unfunded wars), but can't control...

This whole notion of finger-pointing is just another place for the right to faux outrage over what Obama is doing, and continue to undermine his ability to influence positive solutions for what we face.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,879,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'm sorry if this is true, than what's the point of the latest finger pointing meme from the right?

It is germane to be reminded of the complex causes of the recession, which includes the WHO(s). So if Republican's agree that Obama is not the cause of the recession, is the real problem the :30 seconds Obama took out to make sure blame was affixed correctly? If he had been "working on the recession" as many of you claim he should have been, would those :30 seconds led to solving the deeply rooted economic problems?

Or is he supposed to say that the recession is his fault?

The president has little to no control over economic cycles as most of you probably know. He can influence (like by starting two unfunded wars), but can't control...

This whole notion of finger-pointing is just another place for the right to faux outrage over what Obama is doing, and continue to undermine his ability to influence positive solutions for what we face.
This is NOT about the recession or who is to blame or who isnt. Personally I say both parties are to blame.

He is suppose to practice what he preaches. He tells a group of students not to play the blame game but he does it

He tells the nation we need to work together to solve our problems and hes reaching out to republicans but locks the door as soon as he says it. Then goes into another room and tells the world its all republicans fault.

It is very contradicting. That is the point of this video to point out the hypocrisy and double talk from this president.

You all can go on and on about the wars not in the budget. Did the money to pay for them magically disappear or paid for with magic fairy dust? While I agree it should have been in the budget it. The cost of the war is still hitting the bottom line.
I love how liberals or democrats outrage is always justified but a republican has outrage or something and its fake. There is no reason for it.

Hold the democrat party to the same standard you do the republican we might get some place.

I dont see increasing the national debt by 2.4 trillion dollars in 500 days as a positive solution. I dont see him taking 2 vacations and playing 5 hour games of golf or having 2 parties in a week while the gulf is being filled with oil is a positive thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies